Chapter 32

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Man how do I even begin this... We're back! for a minute anyways... I guess let me first start by apologizing for how long this took... Uh second... I wrote none of this xD Thank Hawkelion for everything because she wrote this whole chapter because I was super stuck... anywho guess I lied about getting My English Teacher finished before this...(I'm stuck there too if you didn't already guess :P) Ah well I guess I'll shush and let you get on with the reading and stuffs... and hopefully commenting *cough* Uh also I'd just like to quickly mention Taeyeon's solo... Holy Jesus this song is magical! Okay I'll be going now *tries to figure out how to fly away on broom* *falls off onto face*
Helloooooo everyone! It's super nice to be back again, sort of kind of hopefully yaaaay if anything the next chapter should at least still be this month, so yay! Um while it's true I did write this chapter this is all still Sunshiner21's fic she just needed help and I was like K cool I'll do this chapter for you... still took me a year tho. I may have never have gotten around to it if it wasn't for Taeyeon's I, like seriously that song is inspiration GOLD. Just put it on repeat and bam suddenly I'm cranking out chapters to things all over the place. ANNNNYWAYS, I won't keep you, enjoy!


@zoeygg: I hope this is where the comments start xD uh sorry about that super long wait... For this chapter in particular it's my fault! so sorry D:

@Rainedrop: I feel like you're going to love this chapter xD Just sayin... And nooo don't be sad D: that makes me sad... I know I loved writing certain parts of this chapter :3 in a world where most of my fics are nothing but angst getting to write fluff is great :D

@thunder_chan: well not a werewolf... Just... very understanding I guess xD I don't how knowing about it makes him a werewolf as it were  ._.

@tipco09: Taeyeon's goin through some stuff ;D (I'm helpful) Potatos. (There, now she's actually way more helpful than I am)

@Auricom: Yah! Don't be mean to poor Yooyoung she's a nice kid... And Fany will never get her pizza muahahaha-*cough* sorry I nominate Naeun.

@minxdahye94: No no this is not the end... This is just the beginning >:D *insert evil laugh here* I think she's telling the truth too, like idk where anything is going anymore but I know this story isn't even close to done, so yay!

@Va_asianloverz: Soooo so sorry about that ._. A year and a half is soon right? Yep.

@Hawkelion: Thanks unnie.... even though that was well over a year ago... Hi me!

@barney01: I really am not sure what to say now xD cause I mean ALL DA BREAKUPS! And all a year and 4 months later because they had no time to see each other because schedules. Coincidence? I THINK NOT *plays X-Files music*

@LightningHwang: I mean it's totally possible tho right? lately those two have been inseperable Let's not even mention the if Tiffany was gone it would be like the happiness went with her or whatever Taeyeon said. Wait I just mentioned it. Crap.

@Aceddorked: I'm so glad you agreed with me XD that makes me feel a lot better but hey a lot has changed since i posted that chapter :D I'm sure there's tons of people who thought it was fishy, which made it fishier.

@zoeygg: you get 2 comments xD Taeny is best! Taeny hwaiting! *makes fist* TaeNy Jjang! *throws confetti*

@tipco09: You also get 2 comments! Sorry this took so long I am also, so celery. I mean sorry

@aliciatongtong: Well it wasn't soon but finally updated :D I'm glad to have you as a reader and welcome! ^_^ Hullo new reader thats now technically an old reader cuz of how long we took!

@MiamiMiami: Not like Taeny went public or anything (i wish that'd be awesome!) well you probably know cause its been forever since then it seems xD once again my bad But it's a proper noun wae you no capitalize my name D:

@Auricom: ALL DA V-PINK! MUAHAHA! ha

@Angelrepgirl: Sorry for the wait :/ D: Mianhe!

@Dhino_ss: Slowly but it will be continued We're movin like a snail but at least we're movin! Eh? Eh...?

@keipapjjang: Don't pout D: Sorry it took so long but here ya go :D No! THERE WILL BE NO POUTING! I can not take the pouts, they are forbidden here!

@soshilo309: Sorry for making you wait Like seriously I'm so sorry I'm a failure TT_TT

My gosh that was a lot of comments.... the comments alone could have been a chapter xD Excuse me ma'am does that look like 20 pages to you? Hmph


“Is this some kind of sick joke?” Tiffany asked, looking up from the script they had handed out to all nine girls.

“Uh, no I can assure you nothing in the script is a j-” their manager began, only to be cut off by the clearly pissed woman.

“You want me to be best friends with her?” she growled, pointing accusingly as Taeyeon.

“It’s the backstory the company decided on since Taeyeon’s actual history is too boring, not that we’re juicing it up that much.” the manager explained.

“Well I’m sorry growing up in Jeonju with little friends and a small family is so boring.” Taeyeon quipped, somehow defensive of her fake life’s story.

“Why does this matter anyways?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t know, but the CEO stressed its importance.” the manager stated.

“But why me, of all people? Why not Sunny?” Tiffany asked incredulously.

“He said he’s noticed tension between you two in particular so this is to make sure you all seem close to the public, because if they don’t think you’re all close this won’t work.” the manager explained.

“But-” Tiffany began but the manager swiftly cut her off.

“I suggest you stop asking so many questions and just deal with it. You will go by the scripts supplied to you, and that’s final. You have a week to memorize everything in them and then we’ll start filming at 6 AM bright and early next Monday. Understand?” the man suddenly said firmly. The girls looked at him wide eyed, surprised by his sudden overwhelming aura of authority. They each nodded nervously.

“Good. In the meantime practice will continue as usual. Everyone get ready we need to be in the studio in an hour and a half.” the man said before walking out of the dorm to go wait in the van while the girls all scrambled to get ready.

“He’s never snapped at us like that, what’s his deal?” Yuri asked. Sooyoung, Sunny and she were all already ready and were waiting for the other girls to finish up.

“It’s possible his job has been threatened. He’s been entirely to nice to us, my uncle may have told him to man up or he was out.” Sunny said.

“Poor oppa. Do you think he’ll end up being as mean as our choreographer?” Sooyoung asked before digging into a bag of chips.

“I don’t think so, he’s much too nice for that. Our choreographer has a black hole for a heart, I think.” Yuri muttered.

“Unnies, do you know if anyone is in the bathroom, I needed to take a shower.” Seohyun asked from the hallway, giving a pointed look at Sooyoung as she noticed the older woman merrily eating away at them. Sooyoung didn’t even notice, however.

“Ah, I think Jessica was in there but she should be out soon.” Yoona said as she passed Seohyun, sitting next to Yuri on the couch.

“Oh alright thanks unnie.” Seohyun said before retreating back down the hallway. Sooyoung continued happily munching on her chips when suddenly her eyes widened.

“Did you say Jessica was showering?” the woman asked the other three. Yoona nodded.

“Mhm. Why?” she asked. Before anyone could say anything Sooyoung was off the couch and down the hallway, her bag of chips lain forgotten on the floor.

“I…. did not know she could move that fast.” Yuri commented.

“What was that all abo-” Taeyeon asked as she made her way into the living area, only to be cut off from a scream.

 

Sooyoung hurtled past Taeyeon, determined to catch Jessica before she could leave the privacy of the bathroom. Much to her dismay she saw Seohyun standing cheerfully outside the door just as it swung open.Seohyun’s face turned to a mix of flushed embarrassment and horror, letting out a startled high pitched squeak right as Sooyoung slammed into Jessica, managing to close the door behind them before they both lost their balance from her momentum. Sooyoung twisted them as they fell so she was beneath, hoping to cushion the blow to the bathroom’s tiled floor. She fell into it with a hard smack, becoming slightly disoriented, but she tried to shake it off and focused on the enraged and very Jessica she held above her who was trying to struggle from her current death grip.

“What the hell was that for?!” Jessica growled as she finally managed to get Sooyoung to let go. A part of her wanted to be concerned as she had heard the crack when Sooyoung’s skull hit the tile, but logic reasoned she was a vampire and would get over it.

“I remembered you don’t like wearing clothes right after a shower but there’s more people around to see you now!” Sooyoung hissed.

“So? We’re all girls here, who cares?” Jessica spat.

“I do!” Sooyoung yelled. Jessica’s eyes widened for a brief moment, but soon turned into her customary disinterested gaze.

“Well I have no clothes in here and these towels are too small to cover much so I guess you’re out of luck.” the brunette challenged as she got up all the way and made her way to the door again.

“No! Come on please, don’t scar the maknae more than you already have!” Sooyoung pleaded, scrambling to get up. Jessica scoffed as she reached for the doorknob, only for a hand to grab her wrist and pull her back.

“This body is for my eyes only, wait here while I go get you clothes.” Sooyoung growled, her voice a mix of anger and desperation. Jessica stared at her for a moment, a part of her wanting to blow the woman off, but the stronger part giving in to her dark eyes.

“Alright, fine. But be quick.” Jessica muttered finally. Sooyoung grinned before placing a soft kiss on the woman’s head and rushing out of the bathroom. Jessica huffed. In no way had she forgiven the woman, but it was at least nice to know she cared to some extent. Returning Sooyoung suddenly became shy and tossed the clothes into the bathroom before closing the door, presumably standing just outside.

“Suddenly you’re shy? You’ve seen me before, Sooyoung.” Jessica jeered.

“I-I know but…” Sooyoung stammered through the door, almost falling backwards onto Jessica as she opened the door and stepped out.

“But what?” Jessica asked. Sooyoung stared at her with dark eyes for a bit before answering.

“I don’t know, sometimes you’re just too perfect to look at.” she muttered. If Jessica could blush she knew she would be, though she thanked that she couldn’t at that moment, managing to keep a deadpan face as she moved past Sooyoung.

“We’re going to be late.” she said simply leaving a dejected Sooyoung behind her.


 

As the girls walked into the building they noticed a woman they’d never seen at the receptionists desk. Normally they would walk on by, however the girl seemed to spot them in her peripheral and turned to greet them.

“Well hello there, who have we here?” she asked, the corner of her lip pulling up just barely into a barely noticeable smile.

“Hello there. Um… are you a new trainee or… I don’t think I’ve ever seen you around before?” Sunny said.

“Oh my apologies, I’m being rude. I’m JeA, an aspiring artist as well. I’m  friend of BoA’s, I came to visit her.” JeA said, bowing slightly. The manager cleared his throat behind them.

“Now would be a good time to practice your group greeting.” he said, eyeing them.

“But oppa, Hyoyeon unnie is still washing that ma drink Yuri spilled on her off in the bathroom.” Yoona pointed out. The man waved his hand dismissively.

“There will be times in your careers where you’ll only have a few of you at events, so you still need to practice your introduction regardless.” he explained. The girls all nodded before turning to the older woman and bowing.

“1, 2, 3… Annyeonghaseyo So Nyeo Shi Dae imnida!” the girls tried, though some trailed off and it wasn’t completely in unison. The older woman chuckled.

“Is that the first time you’ve done that?” she asked almost knowingly. The girls all nodded shyly.

“You’ll get better, just work on it. Anyways it was nice seeing you all, but I do need to find BoA.” she said, nodding to all of them. They all bowed back awkwardly as the woman walked away.

“Come on girls or you’ll be late to practice.” the manager said before continuing on towards the practice room areas. Tiffany tried to move forward but found herself blocked by Taeyeon, who seemed to be tense for whatever reason.

“Aren’t you going to move? Get out of my way.” Tiffany hissed, prodding the girl sharply in the back. If Taeyeon noticed she didn’t react, still just staring ahead unmoving.

“What the hell is your problem.” Tiffany grumbled as she moved past Taeyeon, brushing her forcefully with her shoulder as she passed the shorter woman. By then they were the only two members left in the hallway, so it was no surprise when the manager reappeared looking peeved.

“What are you two still doing out here, stop wasting everyone’s time and get in here!” he commanded.

“Sorry she got in my way.” Tiffany mumbled, walking towards him. He gave a pointed look at the distant looking taeyeon.

“Taeyeon?” he asked. The girl finally blinked, shaking her head slightly as she began to move towards the practice room as well.

“Sorry, my mind trailed off for a moment oppa.” she said. He shook his head.

“We can’t afford to waste time here so just get in there.” he said before heading back into the room after Tiffany.

“Filming starts tomorrow, so I suggest you all get a good night’s sleep.” the manager said. The girls all sighed, sitting in their newly couchless living room.

“But the first part of filming isn’t until late afternoon.” Sunny pointed out.

“True, but you’ll need to come in for hair, makeup, and all that stuff to make you look younger. Tiffany you’ll need to bring your phone, remember that.”

“Yes, oppa.” Tiffany mumbled, rereading the guidelines and scripting once again.

“Alright well you all have a good night, I’ll be going now.

“Bye oppa!” Sunny said cheerfully, earning her weird looks from the others.

“What? It’ll be weird but just think, with this it’s not long until we really debut.” Sunny said as their manager left.

“She has a point, we’re so close now… we’re almost there.” Tiffany said, getting a starry look in her eyes.

“We still have a month before debut don’t get too excited yet.” Taeyeon stated simply as she shut the door to the closet where a bunch of assistants had stored away the boxes they were ‘moving in’ the next day. Tiffany shot her a look of contempt.

“I will get excited. Most of us have been working towards this dream for so long, having just a month left is nothing. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand.” Tiffany quipped. For once Taeyeon was genuinely offended, her glare becoming dark, Tiffany gulped as she almost felt like there was a shadowy aura pulsing from the angered vampire.

“I may not have been working towards this group in particular for very long, but I’m almost certain I’ve been working towards this dream far longer than any of you. Now if you’ll excuse me, goodnight.” the woman growled before whisking into her shared bedroom.

“What do you think she meant by that unnies?” Seohyun asked.

“I guess just that she’s dreamed of becoming a singer for a long time?” Sunny hazarded a guess.

“Whatever who cares. I’m going to bed too.” Tiffany practically harumphed as she wandered into her bedroom, Seohyun following shortly after. Yoona wandered into the bedroom after Taeyeon, but returned soon after.

“Unnies, Taeyeon’s not in the room.” she said worriedly.

“I’m sure she’s just in the bathroom.” Sunny brushed off. Yoona gave an almost unsure agreement before returning to the room. One by one the girls started retiring, until only Sooyoung and Jessica were left.

“Sic-” Sooyoung began, hoping to get the chance to have a decent conversation with her, but she was quickly cut off.

“I’m tired. Night.” Jessica said shortly before disappearing into her bedroom with Hyoyeon without another word. Sooyoung sighed, wandering into the kitchen and plopping down on a stool. She began thoughtlessly gnawing on a pear that was in a fruit bowl nearby, lost in her own thoughts. The shadows shifted behind her and Taeyeon’s voice spoke.

“I know we don’t actually need sleep or anything but shouldn’t we at least be keeping up the illusion?” the older woman asked. Sooyoung jumped, turning to see Taeyeon standing there, the last of the red and black in her eyes just vanishing as she stared at Sooyoung.

“Says the one who went to bed and then was nowhere to be found in the bedroom we share with a human.” Sooyoung said.

“I needed to eat.” Taeyeon said simply.

“That’s great but she already thinks she saw you jump out the window. Maybe you’re the one who should be more careful.” Sooyoung warned before walking into their room before Taeyeon could respond. Taeyeon growled before sinking into the shadows again, deciding it would be better to enter through the bathroom.


 

“Alright, you don’t have to stick exactly to what the script details unless it explicitly said so, but stay in the general subject area, and don’t stray, alright?” their manager said as he dropped the girls off at the area where the makeup artists and stylists were to make them look years younger.

“Yes oppa” they said collectively.

“Good. Some of the company PR’s are going to run more things by you after you’re done in there, so pay attention, this is basically coming from Sooman himself.” he said as they made their way inside. After hours of prepping, makeup and wardrobe the girls were finally ushered into a room where a woman stood holding a clipboard. Slightly confused the girls sat down, waiting for her to speak.

“Filming begins in a few hours so we need to cover a few things first. It is absolutely imperative that you keep up the facade of being young girls.” the woman said, passing each girl a small packet of papers except for Hyoyeon.

“What’s this?” Sunny asked, flipping through hers, though upon reading it she was pretty sure she knew. It had the name of a school on it, a class name, and other things she’d hope to not have to see again.

“You have all been enrolled in high schools that have agreed to our privacy agreement. You will be required to visit there on occasion to keep up the illusion that you actually attend.” the woman explained.

“How is this legal?” Seohyun asked, bewildered. She had just recently finished high school herself and had been looking into college but it looked like that had been set back several years now.

“Lee Sooman would ask that you not ask too many questions, Joohyun. I can assure you it is all very legal, it’s just a long and excruciating process that would take to long to explain and is frankly none of your business. Suffice it to say that you are now 16 years old again, and move on.” the woman said with an almost dark aura about her that made all of them decide it would be better off to just listen and not ask any more questions, even the ever inquisitive maknae.

“Yes seonsaengnim, my apologies.” Seohyun muttered sheepishly, Hyoyeon patting her comfortingly on the back.

“Furthermore, you must act as if you are all old friends. This should be easier for some of you, but the late comers,” she motioned to Taeyeon and Sunny, “may have a bit more trouble fitting in. Don’t let this show, you are a family, you are in this together, if one of you goes down you all do, keep that in mind.” she said. The girls nodded in understanding.

“On that note a clause in your contract officially comes into effect as of today. All dating is strictly prohibited unless approved by the company. Many idols think they can keep these things a secret, but if your relationship is leaked to the public we have every right to take extreme action, remember that.” the woman warned, her eyes resting particularly long on Tiffany who seemed to shift uneasily.

“I think that’s all, you girls have a wonderful filming session. I’m sure you’ll do fine, good luck.” she said, though it sounded more robotic than anything. The girls bowed to her as she left.

“This all seems a little much for a debut.” Jessica muttered.

“Why didn’t you get one unnie?” Seohyun asked Hyoyeon. The blonde woman shrugged.

“I guess since I never finished high school they didn’t see the need to re enroll me.” she said simply, though her simple comment caused Seohyun to look absolutely scandalized.

“Don’t give me that look.” Hyoyeon grumbled, though Seohyun opened to protest, the manager burst in just then saving Hyoyeon from what was sure to be an exceptionally long lecture.

“Alright girls, let’s get you to the practice room.” he said, ushering the girls into the elevator.


 

“Something about all this makes me uncomfortable.” Seohyun said. They had been filming for a few weeks now, and though some of their reactions and such had been genuine the majority of their premier tv show on School of Rock was being staged and acted out just for the cameras, but in a way that not even the crew or pds of School of Rock new about it. SM had been very thorough with making sure it all seemed genuine.

“Why?” Sooyoung asked around a mouthful of the dukbokki the maknae had made for all of them. Jessica glared at her from a few seats over and threw a napkin at her face.

“It just feels like we’re lying completely about ourselves and it feels awful.” Seohyun muttered, poking at her own dish.

“Well we are. But it’s not as if there’s anything we can do about it, it’s what the company wants.” Taeyeon said, cleaning up the dirty pan in the sink.

“If we said no they could cut us before we even debut. I mean look at Soyeon.” Jessica mentioned as she wiped a smudge of bright red dukbokki off Yuri’s chin, earning her looks from both Yoona and Sooyoung. Taeyeon looked confused about the name she’d never even heard before but ultimately decided she didn’t care, drying off the pan and setting it aside on the drying rack.

“Speaking of things that could get us cut, where is Tiffany?” she asked nonchalantly. There was a silence and she turned to see all 7 of the other girls staring at her.

“What?” she asked.

“Why do you ask?” Yoona asked defensively.

“As the leader isn’t it kind of my job to know where the other members are? Especially since it’s getting late and we have to get up for the music video filming early tomorrow.” Taeyeon explained, just as defensively.

“She’s out with Nichkhun.” Sunny stated, handing Taeyeon her finished dish which the older woman took and began cleaning as well. She turned to see the majority of the girls glaring at her, but she only shrugged.

“What, she has a point. And besides Tiffany is just going to get in trouble if she keeps being reckless like this.” Sunny said before walking off to her room, probably to get in some video game time before bed.

“She knows we’re forbidden from dating.” Taeyeon muttered.

“Yeah, and so? Half of us are dating.

“Yes but that’s different, you’re actually careful about it, and nobody is going to suspect overly friendly group mates, fans love skinship. Tiffany is just being reckless and if she keeps it up she’s going to get caught.” Taeyeon growled before leaving Sunny’s bowl half cleaned and retreating to her own room. The girls all looked at each other before shrugging and returning to eating.

 

“Tiffany this is absolutely unacceptable. If word of this gets up to my superiors you could get cut and I might lose my job.” the manager growled as he dragged her into the dorm by the arm. It was about 1 AM and the man had found her out on her little ‘date’ after several hours of trying to track her down. Tiffany screwed her arm out of his grip with his eyes, surprising the man with her strength.

“I was just out with a friend, what’s the harm in that?” she asked.

“The problem, Stephanie Hwang, is that you are under contract, and by doing this you are not only risking your own career, but that of your entire group and several other people. So I suggest you stop being so selfish and cut the crap and go to bed and stop sneaking out like this because if I find you doing this again I will take action.” the manager said sternly, and though Tiffany remained stone faced inside her emotions were swirling in a mix of fear and guilt.

“What’s going on here?” a voice said as a figure seemed to part suddenly from the shadows, revealing Taeyeon. As she was behind the manager only Tiffany noticed her eyes transitioning back to their fake brown.

“I caught her sneaking out with one of the male rookies from JYP.” the manager said, turning to face Taeyeon.

“Oh?” Taeyeon asked, feigning innocence.

“Yes, oh. Taeyeon as the leader all of the members are your responsibility, so you need to stop being so apathetic and step up or this team is going to fall apart before you get anywhere.” the manager commanded. Taeyeon held her hands up.

“Hey how was I supposed to know she’d go sneaking out? Her personal matters are none of my  business!” Taeyeon argued.

“Except you’re the leader, and so they are. Keep better track of your members, or else.” the manager said before turning to leave without another word, slamming the door and locking it behind him. Tiffany huffed loudly, letting a frustrated groan as she kicked off her shoes. Taeyeon eyed her with a mask of detached disinterest but truthfully she was furious.

“Not that I care about what you do on your own time, but if you’re going to sneak out actually sneak better. What if you were feeding and he caught you doing that instead?” Taeyeon asked. Tiffany shot her a borderline murderous glare.

“It’s none of your business. What are you even doing up anyways, waiting for me to come home so you could chastise me?” she asked venomously. Taeyeon snorted.

“As if. If you must know I just got back from hunting, and nobody's the wiser that I was even gone. If you’re going to sneak out only do it to eat and nothing else, I won’t have you dragging the rest of the team down for your frivolous ‘feelings’” Taeyeon said, turning and disappearing back into the shadows before Tiffany even had time to argue back. Tiffany let out a half scream of fury before storming off to her shared room with the maknae.

 

“Jessica can I talk to you for a second?” Yoona asked, pulling Jessica away from where she was sitting with Yuri and Seohyun.

“Uh yeah, Yoong. What’s up?” she asked. Yoona fixed her with a pointed stare before continuing.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Yoona asked. Jessica blinked, suddenly feeling miniscule under the younger woman’s stare.

“W-what do you mean?” she asked, twiddling her fingers nervously though she was fairly sure she knew what Yoona was referring to.

“This whole… whatever you’re doing with my girlfriend. Unnie I love you and I know you’d never try to hurt me…. But even I have my moments and it’s starting to get a bit too much.” Yoona said. Jessica sighed, before looking around to make sure nobody was in the hall with them.

“I’m sorry Yoona, really. I thought being this affectionate with Sooyoung would... I don’t know… force her to make a move or something but… she still just sits around and stares at me like a kicked puppy. Which I mean, breaks my heart but I’m committed to forcing her to make the first move for once…” Jessica said, trailing off at the end. Yoona patted her on the shoulder.

“Sooyoung might be very intelligent behind the jokes and loudness and hunger, but even she’s kind of dense when it comes to this kind of thing unnie. Maybe you should just try explaining it to her?” the younger woman suggested. Jessica shook her head.

“No she needs to figure this out on her own.” Jessica said. Yoona sighed.

“Alright, but at least please pull back on my girlfriend a bit I don’t mind you being friendly but stop being all over her.” she said. Jessica nodded, and both girls headed back into the practice room, not noticing the head who swiftly withdrew behind the corner down the hallway.


 

It was a rare day when they actually had the later half of the day off, all their filming and promoting was done for the day, and most of the girls had taken the opportunity to go out. It had been a few weeks since their official debut, and subsequently Tiffany’s birthday. Jessica found herself to be the only one still left in the dorms. Or so she had thought.

“What the heck?” she muttered as she tried to open the door to her shared room with Hyoyeon, only to be met with resistance.

“Whoever is locking me in here better let me out right this instant before I break the door down.” she growled. There was no response, and as much she did want to follow through on her promise she figured having the other girls come down to a broken door would not be that easy to explain away. Looking towards the window she contemplated climbing out and down 6 floors, but decided that would also probably not be a good idea given it was still light outside. Looking up she spotted a large air vent and wondered if she could somehow get up to it…. But then decided that this was all pointless. Her lazy side kicked in as she groaned and texted Yuri to come and let her out, flopping down on her bed angrily. She waited a few minutes before a reply came, fighting the urge to bang her head on the wall from boredom and frustration. She grimaced at the response.

“Sorry Sica, but we’ve all been banned from returning to the dorm.”

“By who???” was Jessica’s response.

“Your girlfriend, so you’ll have to take your problem up with her. Sorry g2g Yoona is getting cranky ttyl ;P” came Yuri’s response, quicker this time. Jessica harumfed before dialing Sooyoung’s number. She was surprised to hear Sooyoung’s ringtone for her from right outside her room.

“L, is for the way you l-”

“Hello?” Sooyoung answered, sounding oddly nervous.

“Choi Sooyoung open the door right now or so help me I will-” Jessica began only to realize Sooyoung had hung up on her. The nerve of the girl! She stormed over to the door, raising her fist to band on it only for it to open outwards and reveal Sooyoung wearing a ridiculous knit sweater adorned in rainbow colors. Jessica blinked, marveling that despite the fact Sooyoung was easily much taller than most woman she knew the sweater somehow managed to be oversized, so when Sooyoung twiddled her fingers together her hands were completely hidden by the sleeves. Jessica fought down the urge to hug her because the sweater on top of the startled nervous look Sooyoung was giving her made the girl uncharacteristically adorable.

“Sooyoung what are you wearing.” she stated flatly.

“You like it? It’s not the one I was wearing when we first met, obviously, but I t-tried really hard to get something really close.” Sooyoung muttered, refusing to meet Jessica’s eyes and instead settling on staring at the ground with morose interest.

“But why?” Jessica asked. Sooyoung scratched the back of her head awkwardly.

“Well I was watching the episode about Tiffany’s birthday and I saw the part where Yoona and I weren’t there and I don’t know th-the way you talked about when we first met… that’s the most affection I’ve heard from you in regards to me I’ve heard in months and I really just… wanted to get some of that back b-but with me there, yknow?” she said, finally meeting Jessica’s eyes, which widened in surprise at the genuine fear and sadness in the dark pools.

“Sooyoung, I-” she began but Sooyoung shook her head.

“In a second. First come with me. Um, please?” Sooyoung asked, reaching out her hand for Jessica to take, only to realize the sleeve was dropping off the end so she took a second to scrunch the sleeve up over her hand before reaching it out to Jessica a second time, making Jessica force back a giggle.

“Alright… just this once.” Jessica said, taking the taller woman’s hand gently, allowing Sooyoung to lead her towards the dining room. Before they got there the scent of food washed over Jessica, tantalizing her as they drew closer and making water.

“I made jiaozi! Or at least I hope I did… or at least I hope I did well… Um I know they’re one of your favorites so I thought I’d try and make them for you…” Sooyoung said, pulling a chair out at the table set just for them. Jessica looked at the dumplings, though a little sloppily made they still looked delicious, and probably were knowing Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung they look great…. but what is this all about?” she asked feigning ignorance. Sooyoung looked hurt for a moment before swallowing.

“Jessica you don’t have to pretend, I heard you talking with Yoona last month.” Sooyoung mumbled. Jessica’s eyes widened.

“You did? Why didn’t you say anything? Or do anything, until now?” Jessica asked, making sure not to sound accusatory.

“I wanted to make sure this was perfect but… I mean let’s face it I’m no good at this… All I could think of was a stupid sweater and dinner. I wanted to make this huge gesture to prove to you that I love you just as much as you love me but I just… I… I’m sorry.” Sooyoung all but whispered, clearly trying hard to fight back tears.

“Sooyoung I never wanted some big gesture, the only reason I ever felt like I was the only one putting in any work because I initiate most things… I say I love you first… I kiss first, I mean it just… it felt like I loved you more than you did me.” Jessica admitted truthfully, but was surprised when Sooyoung broke out into sobs.

“That’s just it! You should have never had to feel like that! Jessica I love you so, so much, and the fact you ever felt like I somehow didn’t reciprocate shouldn't have ever happened! And seeing you all but flirting with Yuri, I just I feel like I’m losing you and I-I don’t want to I don’t know what I’d do without you Jessica, l-like when I thought I’d killed you when I bit you it felt like I’d lost a part of myself but when I saw you wake up I was the happiest I’ve ever been in my life. I m-mean besides the day I met you of course...” she said, trying to wipe her tears away with her oversized sleeves with little success. Jessica’s heart swelled with Sooyoung’s admission.

“Hey.. shh, you’re never going to lose me Sooyoung….” she said, replacing Sooyoung’s hands with her own as she wiped the younger woman’s tears away herself, giving her a soft smile. Sooyoung met her eyes again and Jessica knew in that moment she had been foolish for ever doubting Sooyoung. The almost charcoal eyes stared back at her with nothing but love. She had always loved those eyes, they were so dark that it was hard to tell where her pupils began and her irises started unless you were really close to her face, and despite her cheerful demeanor, having known Sooyoung so long she knew her eyes would always betray her true feelings.

“A-and you’ll never lose me. I promise.” she said, inching closer to Jessica slowly.

“Good.” Jessica said, but pulled away, earning her a befuddled expression from Sooyoung.

“Look, you’re seriously adorable in that thing but if I’m going to kiss you you need to change. I don’t want to think of 10 year old you when I kiss you.” Jessica explained. Sooyoung’s mouth fell into a perfect ‘o’.

“Okay I’ll go change. But can I at least hug you first?” she asked.

“Sooyoung you don’t need to ask to hug me.” Jessica said as she opened her arms, allowing the lanky girl to wrap her long arms around her, engulfing in the warmest bear hug she’d ever felt. She marveled in the feeling of wholeness before Sooyoung finally let go, skittering off to go change so they could continue their date.


 

“I can’t believe this.” Sooyoung grumbled from her spot on the couch, her arms wrapped around Jessica, squeezing the younger girl closer to her as she nuzzled her face into the crook of the brunette’s neck.

 

“Hey I’m not particularly happy about this either.” Yuri said from across the room as she fed kimbap to Yoona.

“Well Sooman insisted, so we can’t really do anything but comply.” Jessica muttered, feeling partly at fault.

“Maybe if you hadn’t been so friendly with my girlfriend he wouldn’t have insisted in the first place.” Yoona said, but there was no maliciousness in her tone and she even followed the statement up with a merong and a wink.

“At least you don’t have to act all cutesy with Taeyeon.” Tiffany pointed out. Yuri shivered in her spot and nodded.

“Yeah okay point taken. At least it’s just Jessica and not Taeyeon.”

Just Jessica? Excuse you?” Jessica asked, sounding affronted. Sooyoung snickered behind her, placing a teasing kiss behind the older woman’s ear, causing the girl to melt into her.

“Eww you two, get a room.” Hyoyeon barked, throwing a dirty sock at them only to have Jessica deflect it with her foot.

“Taeyeon’s in Sooyoungie’s, and I share mine with you, remember?” Jessica asked. Hyoyeon made a disgusted face before turning back to whatever it was she was doing.

“Never mind forget I said anything.” she muttered. The girls fell into an amiable silence for awhile before they were all startled by a soft clearing of the throat. Turning to look at the hallway they found Taeyeon standing there.

“Can we help you?” Tiffany asked. Taeyeon looked ever so slightly nervous for a second before switching to a more flippant attitude.

“Given how hard we’ve all been working for our next single and album release I was thinking maybe we could have a little… I guess party would be the proper word.” Taeyeon explained. The girls all blinked at her.

“A party?” Seohyun asked, bewildered, looking up from her self help book for the first time since they’d gotten home from practice.

“Manager oppa would never allow that, not with ‘Girl’s Generation’ set to be released so soon.” Sunny pointed out.

“I’ve actually cleared it with him already. With some doing of course. I managed to get him to agree to let us have a Halloween party.” Taeyeon countered.

“Where are we having it, here? There’s too many people who would complain if we played loud music or anything they already complain about Tiffany’s talking to loud.” Hyoyeon pointed out, met with a small ‘hey!’ of protest from Tiffany.

“We can have it at my place, I don’t have many neighbors and those I have don’t care about noises.” Taeyeon said. The other eight girls looked at each other.

“It could be fun. Get rid of some stress.” Yuri pointed out. Finally all the girls turned back to her and nodded their approval.

“Great. It’s a costume party, obviously. I’ll let you know the details next week.” Taeyeon said before withdrawing back down the hallway leaving the other girls to themselves to chatter about the upcoming party.



 


So don't forget to comment, subscribe, and stuff! And yell at me for not updating xD Okay then byeeeeeeee *is still totally NOT grace* OH also I'm hoping the next chapters up by Halloween... I have a surprise for you all ^_^ 
*screams in utter frustration at her inability to fix the stupid layout* If you're on mobile I am sooooo sorry idk wtf happened. Uuugh. Whatever fine I'm posting this now. Like she said, comment and subscribe! Next chapter we'll be back to being written by her and just edited by me! Yay! Ttfn!