Chapter 37

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Wooh guess who needs a nap after not doing anything all day! Yep this kid :D So yeah new chapter yaaaaay sorry this took so long but October was my month you guys xD I love Halloween (She literally had her whole costume pretty much done by March. She also made this awesome huge Jack Skelington, it was rad y'all don't even know) and making stuff and yeah... so I'm not gonna promise these updates all that often cause about the time I say I'll update soon I poof for like over a year >_> ehe my bad.... anywho I'll quit my blabbering and let you get on with the reading and stuff... See you at the bottom :D

Is this the right color? Uh sure. Hey guys I also did nothing today but I'm sick so yaaaay that's a thing... I'm not happy with this chapter at all... well one part... its like she's intentionally attacking me... How could you do this to me maknae?! WHY?! Well you'll maybe see what I mean as you read... Anyways, I'm glad she's finally posting this regardless it's been ready for awhile but yeah, Halloween and all. And also thank you, all of you, who encouraged her to continue, it means a whole lot and I'm so happy she's not giving up.

@soshilo309: I'm sorry they're taking so long but I do hope you enjoy them :D Also thanks for the other comment your support means a lot to me :) And me too, seriously, thank you

@tipco09: I mean come on Sooyoung is their biggest shipper xD You gotta love them all. Also thank you and I'll do my best with future updates! Captain Sooyoung, sailing the SS TaeNy, keeping it afloat herself if she can help it.... I've made myself sad.

@6Pikachu: It took them long enough, man it's like the author liked them to suffer or someth-wait... that's me... >_> ehehe and thanks for reading I really appreciate it At least it FINALLY FRIGGIN HAPPENED AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

@BlackSochi: Thank you so much for the support it means a lot :D Seriously, thank you

@OshinJ: I'm so glad to hear that! I hope you like what I have in store for later :D I'm so excited for you all to get to read what she has planned

@Movie91: I will and thank you ^_^ Thank you, I really hope she will

@taeyeon92: I will and thank you for supporting this so far :D Thank you for the compliment I;m glad you all are encouraging her

@fierceflutist2012: Thank you and I'll try my best to make a good ending... even though it's probably a really long ways away. The more the better I love editing this >_>

@Dark-Phoenix: I'm glad to hear that and I hope you like it :D I'm glad you'll stick it out!

@yojemchingu: Okay okay calm thyself xD I'll keep updating as long as I still have readers. I was just worried most people would give up on them and quit reading but looks like I was definitely wrong there. Thanks again for reading. I told her she was wrong too but I'm glad y'all confirmed that, letting it end like this would just be a damn shame.

@xXBlackPearlXx: I'm glad to hear that! Thank you ^_^ Thank ye!

@milkychowder: Thank you I will ^_^ Thanks!

@Beetlebee: I agree with you there. Who needs that contract when they've spent over 10 years with someone. Thanks for reading and encouragement to keep writing :) Exactly they're to strong for some business bull to let it break them

@kalinka: Thank you :D Thanks! 

@taenysic3981: Thank you I'll do my best to keep updating! It might take time but I'll try my best to help her and encourage her when I can.

@taeny2403: Thank you :D Thank ye!

@Wisegirl_11: One day!? Wow that's amazing. Thank you so much that makes me feel really honored that you would do that! So I'll try me best to update more! We got ourselves a speed reader here, kudos to you dude and thanks for joining us!

I hope that's all the comments... If I missed anyone I'm not ignoring you I swear I just apparently can't see xD


“Why is she so happy this morning, it’s creepy.” Hyoyeon muttered around a bite of waffles that Taeyeon had made for everyone.

“Apparently not creepy enough for you to turn down breakfast.” Jessica jabbed teasingly.

“It’s free food and she’s one of the best cooks here, are you crazy?” the younger woman said as she eyed the leader who was busy trying to feed Tiffany who was trying her best not to smile and failing horribly.

“Okay but more importantly than her being eerily chipper this morning, did something happen between those too?” Yoona asked.

“Beats me.” Jessica said, slouched against Sooyoung’s shoulder.

“Really? How did they not wake you too?” Sooyoung grumbled through what could only be an entire waffle in .

“Unnies please I beg you don’t talk with your mouths full.” Seohyun said exasperatedly.

“Wake me? What were they doing having wild s-” Jessica began but got cut off.

“Hello, we’re right here.” Tiffany pointed out.

“You two are together now, right?” Yuri asked. Yoona and the others who had somehow slept through Sooyoung’s screaming looked at her incredulously. The two glanced at each other before nodding.

“Didn’t you hate her just yesterday?” Yoona asked, earning her a downright dejected looking frown from Taeyeon. Tiffany placed her hand hesitantly on the older woman’s before turning back to Yoona.

“We both had our… issues. I mean they’re not all fixed but I realize a lot of my anger at her was because I cared for her and didn’t want to admit it.” Tiffany explained softly. Taeyeon grinned, grasping Tiffany’s hand and running her thumb over the other girls knuckles.

“Congrats you two idiots! Took you long enough!” Sunny exclaimed happily, grinning widely. The kitchen fell into comfortable morning chatter after this, Taeyeon going back to trying to feed Tiffany.

“Tae I can feed myself.” Tiffany muttered, embarrassed.

“I know, but I want to. I’ve been so awful to you in the past I want to make up for it however I can now.” Taeyeon said, mildly pleading with a genuine pout. Tiffany fought the urge to faint.

“F-fine.” she muttered, opening .

 

“Can I talk to you for a second?” Jessica asked, placing a hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder, drawing her attention away from washing the dishes.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked, indicating she was listening even if she didn’t turn to face Jessica. The other seven women were busy getting ready but Jessica had been the first one to shower.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy you and Tiff have gotten over the whole dancing around with unresolved thing but… Didn’t you once say you can’t love her? You don’t have a soul, you said? I want her to be happy I don’t want her to end up hurt.” Jessica pressed, her tone careful in case the shorter woman snapped. Taeyeon paused, turning the tap off before drying her hands and turning to look at Jessica, her expression thoughtful rather than the anger Jessica had expected to see.

“You’re right I did say that, but… I don’t know somewhere in these past years something inside me snapped, I know I’m a different woman and vampire than I used to be. And above all I came to realize I couldn’t avoid Tiffany anymore because whatever this is now, I know I at the least like her.” Taeyeon said with a hint or earnesty Jessica was surprised to hear. The older woman sighed.

“It may not be love, but one thing I’ve learned in the years living with you all is that nothing I thought I knew is certain anymore so… maybe somehow this… affection? Could eventually become something more. And I assure you, I don’t intend to hurt her, I think I’ve done that enough and I want to fix that.” the last part was little more than a mumble as her gaze redirected towards the floor. Jessica gently leaned forward and pulled the woman into a hug, Taeyeon tensed for a second, still not used to physical contact with the others outside of being on camera, but eventually returned the hug.

“That’s all I needed to hear. I just want to see her happy. And honestly you too.” she said, patting the older woman on the back before releasing her.

“Am I interrupting something?” Tiffany asked from behind them.

“Yes, actually.” Jessica said, smirking at Tiffany. Tiffany’s eyes narrowed and she looked like she was about to say something particularly scathing but Jessica cut across her.

“Oh please, I’m not into people who are even shorter than me, she’s all yours.” she said, giving Taeyeon a small shove so the other woman stumbled towards Tiffany who caught her and wrapped her in a possessive hug. Taeyeon nuzzled into her neck affectionately. Jessica pretended to gag at their intimacy.

“God you’ve only been together like a night.” she said, brushing past them to go make sure the others were almost ready.


 

“Taeyeon, there’s a JeA here to visit you?” their manager said from the practice room door as they were having lunch. Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she seemed to stiffen a bit.

“Uh, tell her I’ll be there in a little bit.” she said. Tiffany noticed her change in demeanor.

“What’s wrong Taetae?” she asked. The older woman blinked before facing her.

“U-um…. You know how I once said a while back there are definitely other vampires in this city?” she asked. Tiffany’s eyes widened.

“JeA is a vampire?” she whispered. Taeyeon sighed.

“Yes and from what I can tell a much older one than me… remind me sometime to teach you guys to identify other vampires… Um, i should probably get going, if I’m not back in a few minutes… well I should be fine.” Taeyeon said, getting up and exiting the practice room.

“What’s the leader of the Brown Eyed Girls want with Taeyeon?” Hyoyeon asked, earning a shrug from the rest of them.


 

Taeyeon stormed out of the SM building with a very annoyed looking older female behind her.

“Yah, where are you going?! Get back here you little brat!” the woman shouted, running to try and keep up with the younger woman. Taeyeon stopped in her tracks and turned around giving the woman a death glare.

“Brat?! You come into our company telling me you’re my long lost aunt that I haven’t seen since God knows when?! Telling me I need to listen to you and do as you say?! Lady you must be out of your mind! I should snap your neck!” the younger woman shouted back, shoving the older woman into a side alley.

“Now that’s no way to talk to your elder… And let’s be real Taeyeon you know who I am…” the woman said, glaring back at Taeyeon.

“Okay let’s pretend you are my aunt. So then what? I haven’t heard from you since my parents died! Now you show up thinking I would welcome you back open arms?” Taeyeon asked, clenching her jaw and waiting for the older woman to speak.

“You mean since you killed your parents. Taeyeon, I know you’re angry but I’ve been watching you for a very long time to make sure you were okay.” the woman said patiently, trying to calm the younger woman down.

“If that’s not the creepiest thing I’ve ever heard…” Taeyeon growled, leaning up against a nearby wall.

“That’s not the point, kid. Look I’m here trying to warn you you’re being followed-” the older woman started, but was cut off when Taeyeon scoffed.

“Yeah, no kidding? You just admitted to following me!” Taeyeon shouted, shoving herself off the wall.

“Not me you idiot! Who do you think saved your stupid little fri-” the woman began to shout before another, softer voice interrupted her.

“Taetae, is everything okay out here? Everyone’s waiting for you to come back to rehearsals.” Tiffany said walking into the alley where the two women were.

“ out kid we’re talk-” Jea started but stopped when Taeyeon stormed past her, headed towards Tiffany.

“Don’t talk to my girlfriend like that. We’re done talking here.” the shorter woman, shooting one last scathing glare at the older vampire.

“I will be back to talk with you when you stop being so damn hard headed!” JeA grumbled through gritted teeth, storming past the two women while mumbling curses at her so-called niece.

“Tae, what’s going on? Why did JeA want to see you and why were you two yelling?” Tiffany asked as Taeyeon started walking back to rehearsals, Tiffany following close behind.

“Don’t worry about her, Pany-ah. Let’s just get back to rehearsals.” the older woman said, lacing their fingers together with a smile on her face. The younger woman stopped and looked the shorter woman in the eyes.

“Are you sure? She seemed really mad, Taetae. Maybe what she was saying was important...” she pestered lightly squeezing the older woman’s hand. Taeyeon smiled reassuringly at the younger woman.

“Everything’s fine Pany. There’s nothing to worry about. Now, can we go back?” Taeyeon asked, lightly pulling on the younger woman’s hand. Tiffany sighed and mumbled a quiet “fine” before the two made their way back into the building.




 

Another long day of music show filming and other important events saw the nine women returning home to their dorm exhausted. As they all approached the dorm building, a noise caught Taeyeon’s attention, causing her to stop and glance behind them, pausing.

“You okay Taeng?” Yuri asked, noticing the leader had stopped in her tracks and was no longer following them. Turning her attention back to the women in front of her she smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, you guys go ahead I’m going to stay out here for a bit. We’ve been inside all day, I think I just need some fresh air.” she said as she started to walk away from the others.

“Unnie, it’s not safe to stay out here by yourself. You should just come inside with us, you know what manager oppa said about being out alone.” Seohyun insisted, peeking her head out of the door.

“I’ll stay with her, Seobaby. If anything happens, I’ll come get one of you.” Tiffany said, giving the youngest a reassuring smile.

“It’s still not safe, unnie! Two of us is barely better than one!” the maknae tried to argue once again, struggling weakly as Hyoyeon tried to nudge her back through the door.

“Let them have their alone time, Seo. They’ll be fine.” she said. Seohyun’s frown only grew but she seemed to give in, heading back inside with the others. Making sure the others were all inside, Taeyeon turned back to where she’d heard the noise, silently making her way towards it, Tiffany following close behind.

“So why are we out here exac-” Tiffany began, but was silenced when Taeyeon put her hand over and pointed towards a close by alley with a meaningful look. Tiffany nodded in understanding and the two quietly made their way over taking light steps as to not make any sound. Just before they reached the alley a figure stepped out, a young teenager from the looks of her, dark hair in a ponytail and cellphone to her ear. Taeyeon held Tiffany’s arm to make her stop as they observed the girl. Listening to her, Taeyeon realized she was speaking in rapid fire Japanese, one of the few languages she had picked up in her years of living. She hadn’t used it in awhile though, so it took her a bit to understand the girl. She managed to pick up that was she was speaking to her sister, and was lost, before the girl finally noticed them. Her face went from frustration and mild fear to wonder and star struck in a matter of seconds. The cellphone in her hand slipped from her grip and hit the concrete with a loud crack. She visibly gulped, her eyes looking between the two like she couldn’t decide which woman to focus on.

“Y-you are ShōJo JiDai’s Taeyeon-han a-and Tiffany-han.” the young fan said in broken Korean, pointing between the two, before pinching herself. A small smirk spread across Taeyeon’s lips.

“Ah, you must have followed us here after the concert tonight.” the older woman said, switching to Japanese while stepping forward causing the young teen to take a tentative step back towards the alley.

“Y-you know Japanese?” she asked in surprise, before she seemed to realize the rest of what Taeyeon had said just then, her face turning red.

“I-I, no my ni-chan and I got lost. W-we took a wrong turn after the concert on our way back to the hotel.” she defended, taking another step back as Taeyeon kept moving towards her.

“Yes, I picked it up a long time ago. More importantly, you’re lost? Where is your sister now?” the older woman asked, lacing his words with fake concern as she finally stopped advancing on the young teen.

“S-she went to a gas station down the street.” the girl stuttered, the tips of her ears were turning red now. She seemed to pause to really take in the women before her.

“Y-you are both a lot prettier up close, which is saying a lot.” she muttered, and Taeyeon got the feeling they weren’t supposed to hear that part. Tiffany, who had been watching the whole exchange without understanding a word, giggled at the teens sheepish expression.

“Aw Taetae, she’s so cute.” Tiffany said walking up to stand next to Taeyeon. The girl seemed to at least understand what Tiffany was getting at, and blushed even harder.

“T-thank you Tippany-han.” the girl responded, her voice cracking as she bowed in appreciation, switching back to her limited Korean.

“You know Pany, I’m starting to get hungry maybe we should take our new friend-” Taeyeon addressed Tiffany before realizing something and turning to the girl.

“I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name?” she prompted the teen in Japanese while  leaning up against a nearby wall.

“H-Hirai Momo.” the girl said, bowing once again to the older women.

“Yeah maybe we can take Momo here for food?” Taeyeon said to the taller woman, earning her a knowing smirk from Tiffany. Apparently, Momo knew the Korean word for food, as she responded in Japanese.

“O-oh no thank y-you Taeyeon-han, I-I have a bunch of chips, popcorn, and candy in my bag and I-I really need to wait for my ni-chan to come back.” Momo said with an appreciative smile on her face.

“I didn’t ask you.” Taeyeon said, switching back to Japanese and glaring at the teenager.

“W-what are you tal-” she began but was cut off when Tiffany started to speak.

“I don’t think either of us have had anything in awhile. It probably wouldn’t hurt.” the taller woman said looking at the young teenager as her eyes began to turn blood red, glowing in the moonlight.

“Yeah I agree.” Taeyeon said as her eyes also began to shift color. Momo’s muscles tensed upon realizing very suddenly she was in imminent danger.

“Y-you both a-are-” Momo began, but was silenced when Taeyeon put her hand up.

“This would be so much easier for all of us if you just keep quiet, okay?” the older woman said as her fangs began to grow in . Just as the girl opened to scream, Taeyeon lunged forward and sank her fangs into her neck, followed right after by Tiffany.


 

The two vampires walked into the dorm casually with their fingers intertwined and content smiles on their faces.

“There you two are! We were waiting on you to get back to have a celebratory shot of soju! Hyoyeon was getting impatient waiting for you!” Yuri said, ushering the two older women towards the living room.

“Finally, you’re here! Took you long enough!” Hyoyeon complained, rolling her eyes in the two’s direction. Taeyeon walked over and took a seat on the floor near the tv next to the youngest who was reading a book. Seohyun glanced up to see who had sat next to her before she gasped, pointing at her lip.

“Oh my gosh, unnie! Your lip is bleeding! Are you okay?” she asked,  panicking while trying to get a closer look at the shorter woman’s lip.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine.” Taeyeon stuttered, leaning away from the woman invading her personal space.

“How’d it happen, unnie? Does it hurt?” Seohyun pushed, scooting closer again to check the leaders lip. A smirk crept up on the older woman’s lips.

“Pany, must have bit me too hard. Don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt too bad.” Taeyeon lied, causing Seohyun to turn bright red and quickly back away.

“O-oh, I-I see. You two should be more careful.” Seohyun mumbled, before sticking her face back into her book.

“Yah, stop being mean to the maknae.” Tiffany said as she walked over and sat down on Taeyeon’s lap, dabbing at the woman’s lip with a napkin and removing the traces of their meal.

“I-I’m going to go on to bed. Goodnight everyone!” Seohyun said quickly, standing up.

“You don’t want to stay up and drink with your unnies?” Hyoyeon asked, pouring a shot and offering it to the youngest.

“N-no thank you, unnie. Goodnight.” she said before dashing off to her room.

“Yah you two scared the poor maknae off!” Yuri reprimanded, lightly kicking the older womans foot while handing a shot glass to her.

“Yah, enough talking, more drinking! I want to see you all drunk!” Hyoyeon shouted before downing a drink.

“Hey, Tae?” Tiffany whispered, making the shorter woman look up at the woman on her lap.

“Can vampires even get drunk?” she asked looking back to make sure the no one else heard her. Taeyeon looked at her with a smirk.

“Why don’t you find out?” she said handing the shot Yuri gave her to the younger woman.

“Kim Taeyeon stop teasing your girlfriend and come help me win this game!” Sunny demanded from the front of the tv, grabbing the older woman’s attention.

“Yah, you started it why don’t you finish it yourself?!” the eldest snapped back, rolling her eyes.

“Don’t get smart with me. I know you love videogames too so help me!” Sunny retorted, standing for a moment to hand the second controller to Taeyeon. Reaching around the woman on her lap Taeyeon took the controller and rested her head on the younger woman’s shoulder to be able to see the tv, settling in to play.


So What'd y'all think? >_> Heh I'll keep this short and stuff... So please comment, upvote, subscribe and... All that jazz... byeeeeeeee

YOU SON OF A , YOU KILLED MOMO YOU BASTARD! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! NOT MOMO DAMNIT T_T WHHHHHHHHHY?!?!? Uh, yeah what she said. I'ma go sulk now... hmph