Chapter 17

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Tada! :D I'm glad so many of you enjoyed the SooSica moment there, and let me tell you, there's much more where that came from.... ehehehe. Unfortunatley for you, that's gonna have to wait. Why? Because Sunshiner21 decided: drama drama drama drama. So have fun reading this cuz I had a very hard time editing it D: Not in the bad sense, in the emotional sense.... Yknow what ignore me, just read on you'll understand xD 

And I have really nothing to say here, except thank you all for sticking with us :D I bet you all were waiting for Jessica's chapter huh? Lol we fooled you xD Anyways I think I'm getting sick again ._. Not that anyone cares but at least I'll be abe to write more :D Okay I'm gonna go start the next chapter.... Um bye for now :D

@jaein9: like I said this chapter has nothing to do with Jessica or Taeyeon xD I decided to be a jerk and throw everyone off lol

@avaradigm: There won't be any tables left to flip between you and Rainedrop xD and yes I do realize what I have done Muahahahahahaha (my evil laugh is a fail)  and noooo Sica dosen't care about Hyoyeon, they just kind of keep to themselves... >_> Why didn't i stop her, you ask? Because some of us just love to watch the world burn.

@blursone: Honestly in real life I think they're all just really stressed right now... Taeyeon could never hate a member lol 

@Rainedrop: As I said before the chest pains won't be revealed for a while <_< but when they do get revealed ._. well you're gonna have to wait xD wow im a jerk lol and I'm glad you enjoyed the SooSica moment... thanks to Hawkelion you can expect a LOT more...

@Cianne03: Don't worry there is more SooSica to come lol and well with Taeyeon, it isn't that simple... I mean she has no soul shes incapable of love so... I'll leave it at that >_>... anywho thanks for reading :D

@haruhiana: I can't reveal my plans I'm sorry I want this to all be a surprise to all you readers lol and I feel bad for Sunny now but I have tried to use their actual personalitied so... ya know :P

@MiamiMiami: Oh come on I couldn't let Sooyoung suffer THAT much. I'm beginning to feel sorry for her I had to give her at least something that wasn't horrible. And sorry but neither Hawkelion or I write scenes like that ._. 

@Patingirara94: I can't say... Cause ya know with the whole no soul thing and Taeyeon being incapable of love its a little complicated xD  And we're glad you like it so far :) 


Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Sunny continued their walk towards their three separate apartments. The walk was quiet, but not an awkward silence more of a comfortable one. Still, Sunny found the need to break it.

"Sooooo… Hyoyeon, how are you enjoying being in the group? You always stay so quiet." she asked looking over at Hyoyeon.

"It's alright, I guess." Hyoyeon answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"I watched you practice your dancing today before practice, you're really, really good! You should teach me some of your moves one of these days." Sunny said, smiling at Hyoyeon.

"Alright. Sounds good to me." Hyoyeon replied with a small smile. Sunny nodded eagerly, before turning to the silent girl next to Hyoyeon.

"And what about you, Seohyun? How do you like being in the group?" Sunny asked. Seohyun tapped her finger in thought for a bit before answering.

"It's a good experience. It allows me to grow as a person and make lasting connections." Seohyun replied sagely as she readjusted the bag on her shoulder. Sunny nodded, not sure how to respond to the young girls reply. Instead, she changed the subject.

"So, what do you both think of Taeyeon as our leader?" Sunny asked, looking between the two.

"Honestly…. I think she's a little weird. She's so stand offish. Not that I’m not, but she is the leader. And she just gives off a weird vibe." Hyoyeon muttered, shrugging her shoulders.

"I think she’s just not used to her role as leader yet. I don't mind her, she’s always nice to me." Seohyun replied looking at the two older women.

"That's just because you’re the maknae, everyone's always nice to the maknae." Hyoyeon said looking over at Seohyun. This visibly upset the younger woman, and she starred at the ground looking dejected. Hyoyeon realized her mistake almost immediately.

"Seo, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that… you're so innocent! It's hard to be mean to you." Hyoyeon said, defending herself.

"It's okay unnie, I understand." Seohyun said looking back up with a small smile, earning a hesitant smile in return from Hyoyeon.

"So, Hyoyeon, if you don't mind me asking, why are you always so quiet around everyone?” Sunny asked, focusing on the woman.

"Jeez Sunny, what's with all the questions?" Hyoyeon asked looking at the shorter woman. Sunny shrugged.

"I don't know, I’m a nosy person at heart. I want to get to know you all better.” she said, putting her hands in her pockets.

"Well… to answer your question…. I’ve been all alone ever since my parents were… were murdered. I guess I’ve become a bit of a recluse, and it’s hard for me to interact with others after being alone for so long.” Hyoyeon stated, her voice strained as she starred at the ground.

"I didn't know about your parents, unnie…. I'm so sorry." Seohyun said as she gently put her hand on Hyoyeon's shoulder for comfort.

"It's fine…. It’s just…. I know who did it, like I can tell you exactly what she looks like, but the police refused to believe me. Eventually they started ignoring me completely. So I gave up trying." Hyoyeon said, wiping away a stray tear. There was a silence for awhile.

"But… you know these 'attacks' that have been happening around here lately? I think it's the same person who killed my parents." she finally continued as they walked up to the front door of Sunny's apartment. Sunny’s eyebrows scrunched together, wondering if Taeyeon could really be the one responsible for Hyoyeon’s parent’s deaths. Sunny shook her head, refusing to believe that a possibility.

"I'm really sorry Hyoyeon. If there's anything you need… I'm here for you." Sunny said looking at Hyoyeon.

"Thanks Sunny. Well we better get going before it gets too dark out. We'll see you tomorrow." Hyoyeon said as she began to walk off with Seohyun trailing not far behind.

"Bye unnie! Sleep well tonight." Seohyun called behind her, smiling at Sunny then quickly catching up to Hyoyeon. Sunny turned, about to walk inside when her phone began to ring. She quickly took it out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID.

"Taengoo? Why is she calling me?" she asked herself as she answered the phone.

"Yeobsaeyo? Taengoo is everything okay?" she asked. She was surprised by the sound of someone else’s voice answering her.

"So, I hear you were worried about me?" Jessica’s voice asked through the phone.

"Sica?! You woke up?! I'm so happy you're okay!" Sunny yelled back.

"Yah! Not so loud, jeez. Um…. well I need to go. I just wanted to call and surprise you. Let you know I was okay." Jessica said from the other end of the phone, though she sounded distracted.

"Okay Sica, I'll see you tomorrow right?" Sunny asked.

"I don't know, maybe. Well, I'll talk to you later. Bye Sunny!" Jessica said quickly before hanging up. Sunny put her phone away and smiled to herself before walking into her apartment. She made her way down a short hall into the living room where she sat her small bag down on the couch, then walked into the kitchen.

"Hyomin are you home yet?"  she called out into the silence, but didn't get a reply.

"Must still be at rehearsals. Oh well, gives me time to myself. May as well go grab a snack." she said to herself as she walked out of the kitchen and back to the living room.

"I'll leave a note, in case she comes home before me. Wait why am I talking to myself? Aigoo Sunny, you've lost it. You're just hungry, that's all. Okay stop."  she said, shaking her head, before scrawling out a short note and leaving it on the table. Then she left the way she came in. 

 

After about 45 minutes, Sunny returned to her apartment.

"Hyomin? Are you still not home?" She called into the apartment. When she received no reply, she shrugged her shoulders and walked to the bedroom. She plopped unceremoniously on her bed, grabbing her Nintendo DS off the bedside table. After about five minutes of playing, she heard the front door open.

"Sunny? Are you home yet?" she heard Hyomin yell.

"Yes, I'm in here!" Sunny yelled back, still concentration on the game she was playing. After a few minutes Hyomin was standing in the door watching Sunny, who had her back to the door.

"You and those games, I swear." Hyomin said chuckling to herself.

"I just have to beat this level!" Sunny said not looking away from her DS. Hyomin walked inside the room and sat down on the bed across from Sunny.

"I haven't seen you all day and you won't even look away from that stupid game for two seconds to give me a hug?" Hyomin asked as she began to pout. Smiling Sunny quickly closed her DS and set it back on the table.

"Im sorry Hyomin." Sunny said. Hyomin shook her head, before her eyes scrunched in confusion.

“Sunny, what’s that on your face?” she asked, leaning in. She reached her hand out to touch whatever the stain on Sunny’s face was, but just then, Sunny turned to look at her. As soon as their eyes met, Hyomin jerked backwards, terror in her eyes.

"Sunny, w-what’s wrong with your eyes? Is that… blood?" Hyomin whispered, staring at Sunny's blood red eyes.

"My eyes?" Sunny asked as she looked over to a mirror on the wall. With a sinking feeling, she realized she had forgotten to disguise her eyes after her hunt, and that there was indeed a small blotch of blood down the side of her cheek. Panicking, she racked her brain for an excuse.

"Hyomin, it's nothing I-" Sunny began but was soon cut off.

"Y-your one of those things that has been k-killing people around town a-aren't you?" Hyomin asked with fear in her voice. Hyomin was no idiot. Sunny knew this, and she knew lying would do no good so she tried to reason.

"It's really not what you think, Hyomin. Please calm down." Sunny said quietly, reaching out towards the terrified woman. Hyomin jerked backwards, stumbling off the bed and backing away a few paces from it.

"D-don't come near m-me." Hyomin said as tears began to fill her eyes.

"Hyomin, I-" Sunny said but was soon cut off once again.

"I-I thought I knew you, but you're just a cold, h-heartless monster!" Hyomin screamed as she began to cry uncontrollably. Sunny began to tear up herself. She shook her head, trying to move towards Hyomin again, only to have her stumble backwards again.

"I would never do anything to hurt you… you know I love you Hyomin. Please, listen." she said trying to take another step towards the younger woman.

"I said stay back!" Hyomin yelled as she started to back away towards the door, not taking her eyes off of Sunny.

"Y-you stay away from me! I never want to see you again!" Hyomin yelled as she reached the bedroom door.

"Hyomin, don't do this, please." Sunny said as tears began to stream down her face.

"Don't ever come near me again!" Hyomin yelled as she grabbed the bedroom door and slammed it shut, as she began to run towards the front door. Sunny tore through the door, rushing to catch her and try to explain. But as she reached out to grip Hyomin’s wrist, the brunette turned to glare at her.

“I SAID DON’T TOUCH ME! I HATE YOU!” she screamed, before she rushed out the door, slamming it once again in Sunny's face. Sunny stopped short, staring blankly at the door. Sunny stayed still for several more moments, before finally everything imploded. Her heart shattered, and despite its inability to pump blood, it throbbed painfully as Sunny stared at the solid door that had cut off her from the love of her life. She sobbed uncontrollably, tearing at her short hair. She let out a heart wrenching scream of agony, before slamming her fist into the door. She felt her knuckles connect badly with the hard wood, and hear a snap and felt a shooting pain that indicated to her she had broken her hand from the impact. But the pain was numbed by the fact her heart had been torn assunder.

"Hyomin no, don't leave me. I… I can’t live without you…." Sunny whispered to herself as she fell against the door. She flipped so that she slowly slid down the door frame, cradeling her knees to her chest, curled in a ball against the door as she fell apart.


As always, if you enjoyed comment and subscribe! WE LOVE ALL OF YOOOOOOOOUUUUUU *passes out from sleep deprivation*