Chapter 1

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Hey everyone, Hawkelion here. Here's the first chapter for you guys, freshly edited. Just to clarify, my only job here is as the editor. Also, that picture of Taeyeon at the top was drawn by Sunshiner21. Anyways, we hope you enjoy this chapter!


She was the kind who hated the human race. Her name was Kim Taeyeon. She traveled from place to place so no one would realize she never aged, her most recent residing place being Seoul. She'd taken some jobs singing at local clubs to earn extra cash that she may need later on and also to keep her busy. It was also a way for her to draw in her prey. She was finishing up a show one night when a man up front kept staring at her. She knew what he wanted, he wanted her, the lust in his eyes was all to tangible. She motioned for him to go backstage after the show, which he didn't hesitate to agree. As soon as the show was over, he exited the main club area and entered the backstage area. He walked around looking for her dressing room, but had difficulty finding it. The man asked one of the people guarding the stage where to find her, and the guard pointed to her door. The man walked into the room only to find it empty. He took a few more steps in and the door behind him slammed shut. Fear coursed through him and he spun around quickly only to have Taeyeon drop from the ceiling in front of him. He willed his body to move away from her, but when his eyes made contact with hers, his brain lost control of his body and he was mentally paralyzed. He started to move towards her unwillingly. She looked up to him when he was right in front of her, and he started to inch his face closer to hers as the color of her eyes changed going from deep brown to blood red irises with black sclera. Suddenly, without warning she leaped at him, draining the blood from his system and ripping his face clear off. She stood up spitting what was left of his face back onto the body.

"Useless scum, humans like you are one of the reasons why I hate mortals." she murmured to herself. A chill ran down her spine and she felt eyes upon her, something she should have noticed far earlier, but was to distracted with her prey. She searched the room and hallway but couldn't find them until she looked up to see a young woman watching her through the window with fear in her eyes. Taeyeon ran to the to stop the young woman and her watching eyes, who was already starting to back away in fear. No one could know she was a heartless blood er. She didn't want to be killed or sent to a science lab to be tested on, or have to flee, she had grown attached to this city. She launched herself through the window to catch and kill the young woman. She stalked towards the brunette, who continued to back away until her foot caught on a crack and the ground and she fell backwards. Something in the woman’s eyes gave Taeyeon pause, and she realized something in her empty heart had been moved, what must if feel like for this girl to watch another human have their face ripped off? She wasn’t sure what it was that was making her hesitate, normally she would kill any mortal without pause. But Taeyeon's mind went soft for the moment, and instead of killing her on the spot she decided to let her live. She ran up to the young girl and stooped down to her eye level. Staring deeply into her eyes, she sought through the woman’s mind and memories erasing the memory of what she had just witnessed. Taeyeon quickly changed her form back to look like a normal human being before the young woman could realize what was happening. She took the dazed girl and led her back into the club before her trance was broken. When she awoke from the daze she watched as Taeyeon was standing next to her, back in the club where she just preformed. The girl was confused as to where she was and what had happened.

"W-where am I?" She managed to ask, though was extremely dry. Taeyeon looked over at her.

"You must have passed out during my show. I think you need to go home." Taeyeon spoke coldly to the younger woman. The brunette put her hand on the side of her head.

"I just had the weirdest dream though. I dreamt this show was over and I was walking to my car and something happened but now I can't remember anything past that.'' the girl pondered, her mind struggling to fight away the haze. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and started to walk off.

"You need to go home because you are clearly drunk." she spat. The younger woman blinked, confused at the sudden rudeness, but decided it was best she leave all the same.

 

1 year later

Taeyeon was still playing at her normal clubs taking in certain victims here and there as her meals. Her life was otherwise pretty uneventful; she kept to herself and only ventured outside her apartment to go to her venues. Until one night after a show a man approached her.

"Excuse me? Kim Taeyeon?" the man asked. Taeyeon turned to the man with a questioning look.

"Yes, can I help you with something?" she asked, her voice cold. The older gentleman looked down at the younger woman and was surprised at her reaction to him, but decided to shrug it off.

"Yes, Miss Kim, I was wondering if I could have a minute of your time to talk about your singing career? I'm from a major recording industry and I usually never hire people like this but I was listening to you tonight and you have real potential to be an amazing artist. You may have heard of me, I am the founder of SM entertainment, Lee Sooman. I've started to hire people to form a group for me and I believe you’re just what I'm looking for." he explained. Taeyeon’s eyes widened in surprise.

"Are you interested?" he asked after a few moments passed in complete silence. Taeyeon looked to him to be sure he was serious, and he wasn’t just trying to scam her. She even actually peered into his mind, but found no ill intent. She chewed on her lip in thought before making a decision that she knew she would question later.

"Yes, sir I am. What do I have to do?" she finally said. The older man smiled jovially at her reply.

"Well, Miss Kim, I just need you to fill out this paperwork and now that I've recruited you, you will need to be at the SM building on May 6th, at 7 sharp. Here’s a card with the address and my phone number. We’ll work out a contract later." he said as handed her his card with directions written on it. She looked down at the card.

"Wait, that’s in 3 days. Isn't this a bit rushed?" she asked suspiciously. He looked back to her after getting out the proper paperwork.

"It's a business thing, if you can't do it then simply back out now and I will continue with an 8 member group instead of 9, or find someone else." he said. Taeyeon shook her head profusely.

"NO! I mean I would be honored to join your group. Where do I sign?" she said, smiling as he handed her a pen and paperwork. Making it as a professional singer had been one of her biggest dreams before she'd stopped aging. It was going to be difficult given what she was, but she was determined to make it work.

 

Taeyeon arrived to the address early that morning dreading going inside. She bit her lip.

"Well Taeyeon, you get to be in a band with 8 other people, what could possibly go wrong?" she rolled her eyes as she muttered to herself. She shuddered at the thought of having to work with the creatures she despised the most and wondered why in the world she had made the decision to agree to this. Finally the woman worked up her courage and walked through the door to the designated room written on the card, and to her surprise saw a familiar face. It was the young woman from that night whose memory she had erased. 'No way, she’s a recruit too?' Taeyeon wondered to herself. She proceeded inside and kept to herself, hoping no one would speak to her. The young woman she knew walked up to her, clearly intent on crushing Taeyeon’s hopes.

"Hey aren't you that girl who always preforms at that one club a couple miles away?" the brunette woman asked. Taeyeon looked up at the woman, and almost said something venomous, but figured if she's going to be in a group with her, she may as well fake being kind. Taeyeon just gave a short smile and nodded, hoping her lack of speech would discourage the brunette. It didn’t. The younger girl smiled warmly at her.

"Well I don’t think we ever properly met. My name is Stephanie Hwang. But please call me Tiffany" she smiled brighter, her brown eyes almost disappearing. Taeyeon blinked at the taller woman, confused at the woman’s kindness as she was sure their last meeting had ended on a foul note.

"Uh right, Kim Taeyeon." Taeyeon said, nodding and attempting a smile but it came out as more of a grimace. Tiffany smacked her palm against her forehead.

"Duh Fany, I used to go to that club all the time, and you were the headliner! I'm sorry your name just slipped my mind, I guess. Well we need to introduce you to the other girls!" Tiffany said, suddenly grabbing Taeyeon's hand before she could react. Tiffany pulled her next to her as she walked up to a tall, skinny, woman who looked to be younger then the two.

"Sooyoung, this is Taeyeon. Taeyeon meet Sooyoung." Tiffany introduced. Sooyoung reached her hand out to Taeyeon with a bright smile.

"Nice to meet you Taeyeon." she said cheerfully. Taeyeon reached for her hand but was immediately shocked as soon as her hand came in contact with the taller woman’s. Taeyeon pulled her hand away in pain and pretended to sneeze.

"Sorry, I have allergies. Nice to meet you too." she replied. Her eyes looked to the younger woman's neck where a tiny cross necklace sat right between  her collarbones. Taeyeon glared at the holy symbol, almost hissing at the sight of it. They didn’t kill her like they would most vampires like her, but they still hurt her rather badly. Sooyoung gave her a questioning look, but before she could say anything or ask what the problem was, Tiffany grabbed her arm and took Taeyeon to a small group of three girls talking amongst themselves. Taeyeon was beginning to see this young woman didn’t have all that much patience. Tiffany ran up to them, smiling even brighter as she pulled Taeyeon up with her.

"Hey you guys I want you to meet Taeyeon." Tiffany said. The three eyed Taeyeon before giving each other knowing glances. Taeyeon wondered if they we’re related, all of them looked similar.

"So, is this the rumored ‘leader’ we’ve been hearing about? She doesn’t look older though…" shortest of the three asked, though they were all tall. Tiffany shrugged.

 "I don't know, I wasn’t paying attention during the last meeting. Taetae are you supposed to be our new leader?" Tiffany asked the shorter woman. Taeyeon gave her an incredulous stare.

“Taetae? Why would you call me that?" she asked. Tiffany smiled brightly back to her, somehow her smile getting even brighter. Taeyeon wasn’t sure exactly how that was possible.

"I like that name for you! It can be something only I can call you! Plus, I’m a nicknamer, so we might as well get it out of the way now." she said as she smiled widely back at her. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"I would prefer you just call me Taeyeon, thank you.  And no, I haven’t been informed about this ‘leader’ you’re referring to. But it certainly isn’t me, I’m no leader I don’t know the first thing about leading a group." she replied coldly to the four, causing an awkward silence to settle over the five women. The first young woman took a step to her trying to break the tension, she was the tannest of the three.

"My name is Kwon Yuri, nice to meet you." she smiled as she bowed in front of the shorter woman. Taeyeon faked a smile and returned the bow. Then the second woman stepped forward.

“Im Yoona. Nice to meet you, unnie." she said, bowing also, Taeyeon returning it. Then the third girl stepped forward. She appeared to be the youngest of everyone there. Taeyeon was startled by the woman’s pureness that she could see through her eyes.

"Hello unnie, my names Seo Joohyun, but you can call me Seohyun." she smiled and bowed. Taeyeon managed another fake smile and nodded.

"Nice to meet you all." she barely got out before Tiffany grabbed her arm again.

 "We'll see you three later, I'm gonna take Taetae to meet everyone else." she smiled then left with Taeyeon in her arm. Taeyeon sighed when she realized the brunette had ignored her request about the nickname.

"Ok so you've met Sooyoungie, Seohyun, Yoona, and Yuri. So that leaves-" she was cut off by a high pitched, scarily dolphin-sounding scream followed loud footsteps fast approaching.

"LEE SUNKYU I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" the one who screamed yelled as two figures ran past them. Tiffany giggled.

"Yeah and that would be Sica, or Jessica and Sunny." she pointed to the two women who were rushing madly in their direction, passing them in a blur. They ran past them again but this time Tiffany caught Jessica by the arm of her shirt.

"Sica meet Taetae she just joined." Tiffany said. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Tiffany.

"Actually you can call me Taeyeon, I don't know why she insists on calling me Taetae, so please don’t." Jessica gave a small smile, failing to cover up her anger.

"Nice to meet you Taeyeon, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go kill that little freak over there." she said as she glared at the other girl across the room and broke out of Tiffany's hold. The shorter girl across the room laughed maniacally as she began to run again. This time when they ran by Tiffany grabbed Sunny by her shirt collar, causing her to gurgle. Jessica laughed evilly.

"HA I GOT YOU NOW YOU PIXIE HEADED DWARF!" she shouted as she ran at Sunny Taeyeon stopped her in her tracks grabbing her arm, not willing to allow violence to happen with her in the room, bloodshed in front of her wouldn’t be a good thing.

"Wow, Taeyeon you’re stronger than you look." Jessica commented as she glanced at the arm Taeyeon was holding her with a bit wearily.

"Sica what happened? Why do you want to kill Sunny?" Tiffany asked as she noticed Sunny giggling like a lunatic, trying to escape from Tiffany’s hold on her shirt. Jessica shot another glare to Sunny.

"Whoa there, Ice Princess, no need for the subzero glare, just explain." Tiffany said. Jessica, still glaring at Sunny, finally replied.

"That little midget tricked me into kissing her!" Tiffany began to laugh letting go of Sunny. Jessica shot a glare at Tiffany.

"YAH! IT'S NOT FUNNY!" She screamed as she broke out of Taeyeon's grip. The short blonde girl began to run again, laughing as she yelled to Tiffany and Taeyeon.

"Nice to meet you Taeyeon!" Taeyeon smiled a little though it wasn't noticed, though the smile confused her. Normally she’d find human behavior like this annoying. Tiffany grabbed her arm once again and began walking to the last woman, who was by herself in a corner. She was practicing a dance routine when the two approached her. Tiffany leaned over to whisper in Taeyeon’s ear, sending an odd shiver down Taeyeon’s spine.

"She's kind of weird, she's always keeping to herself and never really talks to people." Tiffany murmured quietly. Taeyeon looked at the woman they were approaching. There was something off about the blonde, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on what.

"Hyoyeon!" Tiffany yelled trying to get her attention. The young woman turned to Tiffany, pulling the earplugs to her MP3 player out of her ears.

"Hey Tiffany." she said, smiling, though it was a terse smile and clearly fake.

"Hyoyeon this is Taeyeon she's the newest recruit." Tiffany introduced. Hyoyeon looked her over with a reproving eye.

"Hi, I'm Kim Hyoyeon." she said, quickly bowing to Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded her head.

"Nice to meet you Hyoyeon." Taeyeon said. Hyoyeon opened to say more, but just then a taller gentleman walked in. He spotted Taeyeon and smiled.

"Alright then, looks like everyone is here. Now that you ladies have all had time to talk and get to know each other, it's time to get down to business." he said loudly, clamping his hands together to get everyones attention. They all turned to look at him.

"And who's that?" Taeyeon murmured. Tiffany smiled.

"That's our manager, silly. He's probably here to brief us on everything now that we have our last member." Tiffany explained. Taeyeon nodded, and all the girls gathered around to listen to what the man had to say.


If you enjoyed this, please comment and subscribe!