Surprises

Without a Trace

So... It's been a while. I know, no excuses OTL.        I'll try to update more!!

p.s. I've noticed how dumb it was to leave the notes at the end of the chapter because I always say 'happy reading' when you've finished. Hahahahahaahhahaha

sorry. I'll try to be smarter with it :p

Well, HAPPY READING ^^


 

After another movie, the girls woke up and decided to go home. The party was almost over and they had to leave with their parents anyway. So after leading them back upstairs and into the main room, the boys went back down to watch yet, another movie, while Ricky and Niel were battling it out on the foosball table.
 
Chunji snuck a glance over at L.joe, who kept biting his nails, hardly keeping his eyes on the screen in front of him.
 
"Yah." He spoke up. "Now's a good time."
 
"Huh? Did you say something?" L.joe broke free of his trace.
 
"We're all here. You might need to tell them now before it turns into this big lie and then drama comes from everywhere." Chunji advised. "I've seen enough dramas to know where this is going."
 
L.joe scrunched up his nose. "You.. Watch dramas?"
 
"Yah!" Chunji gave him a look. "Where do you think I come up with all those cheesy lines anyway? I don't make them up myself! What would that say about me?!" He coughed. "You should still tell them."
 
L.joe looked at him, worry filling his eyes. "You sure?" The other nodded, and he let out a breath. "All right. They'll have to find out sooner or later anyway, right?" He said for his sake.
 
He got up and made his way to the bar, where CAP and Changjo were. "Hey, hyung!" Changjo grinned and held out a can. "Soda?"
 
With hesitation, L.joe shook his head.
 
CAP narrowed his eyes and pointed. "Ya, he's been weird lately, right? It's not just me?"
 
Changjo agreed and whispered. "I've noticed too."
 
"That's cause I have something to say." L.joe slammed his hand on the table, causing everyone to jump and gather around the bar area.
 
Ricky nodded. "Sure, what's up hyung?"
 
Looking quickly at Chunji who was urging him to proceed. "Well, uh..."
 
Niel stopped him and looked around. "Is this some sort of top secret thing that we can't tell anyone else?"
 
Chunji smacked the back of his head. "Shut up and listen."
 
"The thing is... Well, I mean..." L.joe stuttered and shut his eyes. Here goes nothing. "I.. like-"
 
"Saejin." The boys finished for him. CAP started laughing again. "It's pretty obvious, but thanks for telling us."
 
"Aw!" Niel clasped his hands together. "That's so dreamy and romantic!"
 
Chunji nudged him and grinned. "That's what I said too!"
 
Ricky scratched his head. "It didn't seem like you two were a couple tonight though. Were you keeping it a secret or something? Or... Have you not confessed yet?!"
 
L.joe laughed nervously and shook his head. "But I don't think-"
 
"Come on! You don't think she'll accept you or something?" CAP wondered.
 
"Accept him? What use of words, hyung." Changjo sighed.
 
"I don't think I can." L.joe looked down at his hand and blurted. They all looked at him with confusion written on their faces. "It's kind of complicated. Like, really complicated."
 
Ricky stopped tapping his foot impatiently. "Well, you gonna just sit there or are you going to tell us?"
 
"You see the thing is.." He started playing with his hands in the air, trying to make out what he was going to say.
 
Chunji rolled his eyes. "Saejin is Detective Song's daughter."
 
Changjo spit out the soda he was drinking and looked away. CAP stared subconsciously nowhere. "No way."
 
"Detective Song is the lead detective on our case, right?" Ricky whispered to himself. His head shot up. "Then that means it's like, Romeo and Juliet, right?"
 
Niel eyed him. "How does it even come close?"
 
"Well, she's the daughter of our 'enemy'," he air quoted, "and hyung's on our side, so wouldn't that make it Romeo and Juliet?"
 
Changjo lifted an eyebrow. "Yeah, except for the fact that we want them to go out, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to die young, hopefully." He added at the end.
 
Ricky shrugged. "It was just a suggestion, geez."
 
L.joe looked at CAP. "What do you think, hyung? You're our leader, after all."
 
CAP became lost in thought. "If you wanted to seem less suspicious to her dad, then you should probably tell her sometime soon. If you wanted to keep things simple, I'd say tell her later." He looked at the group. "But I think we all agree for the first option. But whatever makes you happier."
 
Chunji nodded, agreeing. "We'd have to be more careful, but we've been saying that a lot lately, so it's nothing new."
 
L.joe took it all into consideration. "So, you guys wouldn't mind if I did ask her?"
 
"You idiot." Changjo shook his head. "What have we been talking about this whole time?" He smiled a bit at the end.
 
With a grin and a nod, L.joe shook his head and chuckled.
 

 

 
It was tough for Saejin to wake up the next morning. One, because she stayed out late, and two, because she was still trying to process everything in her brain. She didn't mind at all that Byunghun was rich, it was just the face that he didn't tell her. But then again, she didn't ask either, so she scolded herself for having those thoughts.
 
She got out of bed and went into the kitchen where her mom was making breakfast already, looking like normal, even though she was out too.
 
"Saejin, you're up already! Good for you." Mrs. Song pointed the spatula at her.
 
Saejin yawned and shivered. "Yeah, I guess. But why are you up so early? If I remember right, I went to bed before you."
 
Mrs. Song shrugged. "No reason, I guess. I just have a good feeling about this morning."
 
"What? Why?"
 
"I don't know myself." Mrs. Song put breakfast on a plate and handed it to Saejin. "It feels like, motherly instincts."
 
Saejin chuckled and started eating.
 
"So," her mom started, "what did you think of Mr. Lee's son?"
 
"Who? Byunghun?" Saejin blinked and nodded. "I was his partner for a school project, so I knew him already."
 
"He didn't look bad." Mrs. Song sighed. "A handsome match for my pretty daughter."
 
Saejin coughed and pinked a bit. "Mom! It's not like that." She mused, thinking of how to change the awkward topic. "What did you make this morning anyway? It's pretty good."
 
"Thanks. It's an omelette. I found a recipe online earlier." Her mom answered as-a-matter-of-factly. "It's my first time making it, I hope it's good enough."
 
"I want some too." Mr. Song entered the room while putting his jacket on. "Smells fantastic."
 
"Thanks, dear." Mrs. Song kissed her husband on the cheek and went on to making breakfast.
 
Mr. Song trailed his eyes to his daughter. "Saejin, where did you go last night? I didn't see you for a long time."
 
"I was uh..." She started. No way was she saying that she was with a group of boys downstairs. That would probably sound even worse out loud. "I was with Johye. Talking."
 
Her parents exchanged glances and sighed, ready to eat breakfast together when the phone rang.
 
"I'll get it." Mrs. Song wiped her hands on her apron and picked up the phone. "Hello? ... Omo! Is that really you, Hyejin?"
 
At that name, Saejin and her dad stopped what they were doing and crowded around her mom.
 
"Yeah, we're all doing fine here. Is there a reason you called?" She went on asking. "Of course you can! There's always room! ... All right. Talk to you in a bit." She hung up the phone with a beep.
 
Saejin's eyes popped wide open. "Mom, what did Hyejin unnie say?"
 
"She'll be staying with us for a couple of weeks. Her university is on break right now." Mrs. Song answered, beaming. "Her flight's coming in tomorrow."
 
"Well that's good!" Her dad smiled. "But, who's going to pick her up? I would, but I'm working, and you're doing that fundraiser."
 
"I will." Saejin raised her hand. "I miss her too. I'll go right after school. It's been a long time since I've seen my own sister."
 
Her parents nodded. "Sounds good to me." Her mom agreed. "So are you taking the bus there? Since you don't have your license?" She asked.
 
"Of course, mom. I've taken buses my whole life, I know how they work." Saejin nodded, putting a hand to her chest. "Besides, I want to venture the city too. I haven't been there yet, even though we've lived here for a while." She shrugged.
 
"Sounds good then." Mr. Song grunted, getting up from the table to watch the television from the other room.
 
On the other hand, Saejin was leaping for joy inside. Even though Hyejin and her were three years apart, they were very close. She couldn't wait to see her again.