The truth

A Prince's Angel

 

When we got home, I was immediately cornered by Sungmin. Instead of going to his house, he stayed over here. Most likely to bug me. He looked at me and I looked at him, never breaking the eye contact. To be honest, it was a little intimidating.
 
"Lee Hyukjae." He says sternly. I hate the intimidating side of Sungmin. "What's wrong?"
 
"Noth-"
 
"You better not say nothing's wrong because I will kill you if you do. Tell me what's wrong right now."
 
I glare at him. "Nothing.Is.Wrong." 
 
"Hyukjae, please tell me." His voice and eyes softened. "Is it because of what you almost did to Donghae?" He asks me. I just stay quiet.
 
"So it is." 
 
"I...I'm an idiot." 
 
I sigh, closing my eyes in the process. The bed shifts, making me open my eyes. Sungmin is sitting next to me with a hand on my thigh. "Hyukjae. You can't be mad at that. You're a vampire. It's only natural that you get attracted to the smell of blood." 
 
"But Hyung, I nearly tasted him. His blood was on my finger. Do you realize how dangerous that is?! If Junsu weren't there I could've gone into a frenzy! Innocent people could have gotten hurt; or worse...killed." My head started to hurt. This happens when I get stressed. Hyung must have noticed it because he left the room. Five seconds later, he came back with water and an aspirin. 
 
"You're the best Hyung ever." After taking the migraine destroying pill, I smile at him.
 
"I know I am. Now promise me you'll come with me to visit Donghae in the hospital in the morning." He says.
 
I nod slowly because I didn't want to go. Not really that I didn't want to; but more like I can't. Why is life so troublesome? 
 
"Good. Have your driver pick me up at 10am sharp and we'll go from my house. My mom keeps texting me. I'll see you later Hyuk." 
 
I wave at him. The moment I was going to close the door, he turned around. "10am. No school for us tomorrow."
 
"Okay! I got it Hyung! No need to remind me. And don't text it to me e-"
 
I take out my phone and read the text from my Hyung. It said "10am." 
 
"Yah!! Go to your mother!" 
 
"Whatever!! Bye Hyukjae!!" Hyung runs out of my room like a little kid. Sometimes, I feel like the Hyung here. Minnie is just so childish in a cute way. 
 
Mumbling about nothing to myself, I plop down and lay flat on my bed. "What can I do?" I say out loud. It's only 4:23. There's not much I can really do anyway.
 
Oh! I know what sounds good right now: A nice hot shower. I grab my pyjamas since I'm not going anywhere today and head off to the bathroom. 
 
*~*~*~*
 
So refreshing... The hot water hitting my body. I've washed up already, I just don't want to get out of the shower because it feels so damn good. The shower is always so relaxing. 
 
In some ways it's like a massage with the water hitting your back and shoulders. It's also a time to think, since no one can disrupt your thoughts. I lay my back against the wall and close my eyes. The scene of when I almost tasted Donghae flashed in my head. 
 
"I'm sorry Donghae." I mutter. "I don't know what came over me; but I promise it won't even come close to ever happening again." Pushing myself off the wall, I reach out and turn the shower off. 
 
*~*~*~*
 
When I walk out of the bathroom with only my red, flannel pyjama pants and my socks, I'm greeted with my dad sitting on my bed. "Oh Hyukjae. That was almost an hour shower. Are you okay son?"
 
"I'm fine dad. Please don't stress it. If you do, your old bones might crack."
 
"Jokes for days Hyukjae. Jokes for days." 
 
"For years dad. I have jokes for years." I say as I walk over to my bed and plug up the blow dryer. Yeah, I have one. Got a problem? I need my hair to stay in this condition. My dad eyes it, picks it up, then turns it on.... While it was in front of his face. 
 
"Holy....!" He yells. He throws it down and points accusingly at it. "Lee Hyukjae get rid of that thing! An assassin wants my only son dead!" Wow dad.... That's sad.
 
"No dad. That's used to dry hair. In this case, my hair. I need to use it or else I'll have poofy hair. Lee Hyukjae does NOT work with poofy hair."
 
He looks at me with his head tilted. Eww, grown men shouldn't do that~! "So then....what hair do you work with?" 
 
"I work with spiky hair, smooth hair, and when I was blonde, I had braids and curly hair." 
 
"Ah yes! I remember! I think I'll go style my hair into these things called..braids." Oh god! My dad..with braids..in school? That spells embarrassment and humiliation for life! "No! Don't do it." 
 
He stands up and begins to stretch. "Why? Would I not look cool with braids. I mean, my hair is black so it should work right?" 
 
"No it wouldn't work." I say pushing him out of my room. Oh! I almost forgot. "I'm not going to school tomorrow since Minnie Hyung and I are visiting someone at the hospital."
 
"That Lee Donghae character?" He asks with a tilted eyebrow. I nod and he smirks. "My son is in love. Tell me what happened to him." 
 
"A human hurt him. He beat him. Not too badly; but enough to draw blood from his mouth. He had bruises all over his cheek and a cut over his eyebrow. Most likely got punched jn his face." I cringe. It's not a pretty story to tell, especially when it's someone so precious to me. I don't even know how I said that so nonchalantly. 
 
"In my school? A human harmed an Angel? That's bad. Donghae has grown up knowing how to fear humans, not befriend them. He learned about hunters at such a young age he believes all of them are like that. He was also taught how they are able to slay any kind of us: from fairies to vampires. Have you ever noticed his wings?" 
 
"N-No." 
 
"It's because a human child ripped them off."
 
"What!?" Is that why he hates humans? How could someone do that! "A-Appa! If you knew this then why-"
 
"Why did I allow humans into the school?" I nod my head vigorously, holding onto my dad's shoulders. "Because the child who ripped off his wings goes there. I want them to meet by chance. Do NOT set anything up, I'll know if you do. His name is Cho Kyuhyun. His father, Donghae's father, and I have been close friends for life. They know all of the secrets about us, yet never discriminated against us. Kyuhyun has never met you because he's scared of you. You've never met Donghae before because you two weren't supposed to meet until you both came to this High School."
 
Is he serious? I'm having a really hard time believing this. For now, I'm pretty pissed; but now I have to make sure Donghae is okay! I can't risk anything happening to him. That's when it hit me. "He has the thought that he's going to die...."
 
"Yes. And as my son, Lee Hyukjae, you will protect every student, human or creature, from any kind of harm in and out of school. Get very familiar with Donghae because you're going to be spending a lot of time with each other along with Siwon and Yunho." 
 
This is just too much information to be taking in on one day.