Letting it all sink in.

A Prince's Angel

 

“Let me start off by staying that Donghae has never trusted anyone as fast as he trusted you and whoever else you brought along. There’s a reason he’s like that, and I’m pretty sure you know why. Do you know about his wing incident?”

 

“Of course I do.”

 

“Then that leaves me less that I have to tell you about. Anyways, I’m pretty sure you know that Donghae has trust issues because of this. After that happened, he wouldn’t go near anyone. Not just humans; but us aswell. If someone tried too hard in trying to get Donghae to be their friend, he’d unconsciously use an ability on someone. Usually, it wouldn’t be something dangerous. It would just be a small thing like temporary memory loss or he’d make them black out for a couple minutes so that he’d be able to run away. However, something happened that made the gods get rid of his powers.”

 

“What happened? And who are The Gods?”

 

“Use common sense Hyukjae.” My dad said from next to Daejung. “He’s an Angel. Angel’s need someone to rule over them from above just as we have ours from below.” I nod my head in understanding and motion for Daejung Appa to continue.

 

“There was a young boy who really liked Donghae before any of this happened. However, he was completely erased from Donghae’s memory base. His name was Henry Lau. Henry was a really sweet boy. I sometimes raised him like my own child. He had moved to China during all of this, so poor Henry had no idea about Donghae and Kyuhyun. When he came back, obviously the first person he ran to was Hae. Donghae had shoved him away because he didn’t remember him at first. It scared Henry, but he was very persistent in getting his best friend back. He looked up to Donghae as an older brother since he was about two years younger. I remember it like it was yesterday. Henry wanted to hug his older brother and since he touched Donghae’s back, a bright light flashed from Donghae’s body. It didn’t affect us at all…But Henry. Henry lost his eye sight.”

 

I was frozen. How is it even possible for someone as innocent as Donghae to do that? “It was an accident, right?”

 

“Yes. Think of it as earlier. Your protective instincts kicked in when you heard my laugh earlier.”

 

“So Donghae’s protective instincts triggered when he felt hands on his back. Not to mention by someone he didn’t remember at that time. Poor Henry. He must have been so confused.”

 

“Of course he was confused. His older brother harmed him. He knew something was wrong, he just didn’t know what. Like all other times, we thought it would be temporary. This one lasted. It’s still in effect. We’re not sure if he’ll ever be able to see again.”

 

My head started to hurt. I haven’t had a headache since Donghae came into my life. They usually mean I’m stressed, agitated, or confused. My dad sighs and stands up. “I’ll be back with some painkillers. You’re going to need a lot of them.”

 

“Thank you Appa.”

 

“Would you like me to keep going on, or would you like me to wait.”

 

“Keep talking please. Tell me about the God’s.”

 

“Oh right.” Daejung Appa stands up, pulls something out of his pocket, then sits back down. He tosses it to me. Despite it being small, I catch it with ease. In the palm of my hand was a small silver ring with a blue diamond. “That’s Donghae’s. It was taken away from him when the God’s took away his powers for harming an innocent human being.”

 

“What does it do?” I ask as I examine it. My dad walks in with two bottles of water and a pile of pain killers on a tray. There’s no way I’m going to need that much, is there? He sets it down next to me and sits back down next to Daejung Appa. I put the ring on my side and take some painkillers. “That is like…how do I put this into words? A communicator? It connects Donghae to our world. The God’s are able to keep an eye on him with that, but since Hae had no power, they no longer needed to watch over him. The reason I was gone for so long is because I needed to get that ring back.”

 

“But wouldn’t it have been smarter to allow him to keep the ring to watch over him and how he’s progressed so far without his powers?”

 

“He thinks just like you Jinhyuk. You really did raise this kid well. Your father asked that same question when I told him of this. I felt the same way, but seeing as how I’m an Angel that’s under direct order of the Titan’s and God’s, there’s no possible way I would have been able to speak out against them even though I so desperately wanted to. Donghae needs this ring with him when he gets his powers. Since he’s in the process of revival, this ring should help him weaken his powers if he ever uses them unconsciously. Donghae is extremely powerful. He doesn’t realize that yet though. We have rebel Angels like you have rebel Vampires. I promise you that there will be people after Donghae. Now about his eye color. That’s something only our family of Angel’s possesses. You can think of it as a power boost in a game. The power itself is strong, but the eye change gives it a sense of authority. It’s hard to explain, but I can show you. I’ll use your father as an example. This might be different from Donghae’s though since he’s just now reviving.”

 

“How long am I going to be out of it?” Out of it? What does that mean? “A couple minutes. Five at most. I just want Hyukjae to understand what’s going on here.”

 

Daejung Appa stands in front of my dad and looks into his eyes. My dad looked lost. His eyes were small as he stared into Daejung Appa’s eyes. “You’re worried about the kids.” Daejung said. Was he reading my dad’s mind by just looking into his eyes? “You don’t want anything to happen to them, especially Donghae. You hope they get through this together. All of them.”

 

All of a sudden, Daejung’s eyes turned pale yellow just like Donghae’s did when we were in the hospital. My dad’s eyes went completely blank. They were just red. No white, no black, no pupil, just red. “Jinhyuk, tell Hyukjae how you’re feeling about him right now.”

 

My Appa turned to me and looked me dead in my eyes. I felt kind of scared. Overwhelmed maybe? “Hyukjae.”

 

“Ye-Yes Appa?”

 

“I want you to be careful. I want you to protect not only Donghae, but your Hyungs and your Dongsaengs. You have a whole long road ahead of you and you need to step up as a what you were born to be.”

 

“What I was born to be? What do you mean by what I was born to be?” My dad didn’t answer me. He turned to Daejung Appa almost as if he was asking for permission to continue. When Daejung Appa nodded his head, my dad turned to me. “You are Lee Hyukjae. The main reason you are so powerful is because of the fact that you’re a prince. This is why you were trained so powerful as a kid. So that when the time comes you can step up. You’re strong enough to defend yourself. Now it’s your job to defend your family and friends. Understood?”

 

I nod my head slowly. This is so much information. I wasn’t expecting this at all. Daejung’s eyes turned back to normal and my dad came back to reality. I didn’t know what to say. “Do you see what I mean by a power boost? Simple mind reading can be transformed into full blown mind control. Our families are special Hyukjae. We have abilities no other family of our kind has.”

 

“I…I understand now. I understand everything. But Kyuhyun…and Henry. Is Henry still alive. Does he know why Hae was like that now? And Kyuhyun! He needs to meet Donghae. Kyuhyun needs to. They need to settle this thing before Donghae reaches the peak of his revival and hurts him like how he did Henry.” Daejung Appa and My Appa smile at me. “What are you smiling about?! I have a whole lot on my shoulders that I need to take care of! This isn’t good at all!”

 

“Hyukjae…we’re smiling because you understand. It’ll be a difficult road for all of you. So I advise you as of now to train your butts off. When you see Donghae,” Daejung hands me the ring that he showed me earlier. “Give it to him. He’ll know what it is immediately.”

 

I put the ring in my pocket, grab the painkillers, and swallow them down. “I can’t do this alone! Will you guys help me?”

 

My dad puts a hand on my shoulder and squeezes it gently. “You won’t be alone. Keep in mind that you have a family of friends that are at the hospital with Donghae right now as we speak. You’re not alone. You’ve never been alone.”

 

I look up at both of the Appa’s. It all hit me at that point. They weren’t kidding about anything. With great power comes great responsibility. I can’t help but think that I have too much of both right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C.N: So here’s a serious chapter! I know you guys were begging for one in your head.

You guys were just begging for action. I promise you that this is the start of it.

Oh Yeahzz! You guys are about to see some badass Hyukjae step into action. Not to

mention, badass Donghae. You’re minds…

are about to be blown away.