Lee Daejung

A Prince's Angel

 

Hyukjae POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in front of my house seconds after I flashed from the hospital. That picture kept running through my head. I looked absolutely crazy. That didn’t stop me from setting it as my wall paper, though. Just because I looked stupid didn’t mean Donghae did. I pull my keys out of my pocket and open the door. “Appa?”

 

“I’m in the living room Hyukjae. I want you to meet someone.”

 

He wants me to meet someone? I can’t just randomly meet people I’ve never heard about. “Come on Hyukjae. He’s an old friend of mine. Stop worrying over there.” Curse my dad for being able to read minds. Curse you old man! I hope you hear this.

 

“Lee Hyukjae. I can hear that clearly. Get your in this living room.”

 

I growl under my breath and take my shoes off in front of the door. As I walk into the living room, a feeling of calmness washed over me. My mind went blank and I fell to the floor on my . For some reason, it didn’t bother me. “Appa…What is this feeling?” My Appa just chuckles while picking me up from the floor. “Daejung, you shouldn’t mess with this one. You know that very well.”

 

An unfamiliar laugh rings through my ears, snapping me out of my random state of serenity. I felt my protective instincts kick in and fire automatically forms in the palm of my hand. My Appa grabs my wrist which makes the fire dissapear. “Hyukjae, I want you to calm down and take a good look at who you were about to shoot fire at.” When I look at the stranger on the couch, my eyes widen. He looks so much like…Donghae. Maybe this is Donghae’s Appa. I quickly bow 90 degrees when he stands up. “Mianhe. I-I didn’t mean t-“

 

“It’s fine Hyukjae.” He laughs. I slowly straighten my back when I hear him laugh. “My, you’ve grown. I know you might not remember me, but yes; I am Donghae’s father.”

 

I freeze and bow repeatedly. You may think this is too much. But the fact that I’m dating his son is a very important part in me gaining his trust. “I’m so sorry for almost hitting you with fire. It’s just that my instincts suddenly took over me when I heard an unfamiliar voice. Please forgive me.”

 

“Hyuk. Pick your head up. Daejung forgives you.”

 

“No. I have to make sure he forgives me.”

 

“You’ve raised your boy well, Jinhyuk.” Daejung says. I feel a big hand on my head ruffling my hair. “You’re forgiven Hyukjae.” Thank goodness. It would have been horrible making a bad impression on Hae’s dad. I quickly straighten my back and mutter a thank you to him. All of a sudden I feel a hand on my shoulder. “Come on Hyuk. Let’s talk.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was pretty awkward for me to be sitting here. I was sitting on the opposite couch of my Appa and Hae’s Appa. They would occasionally whisper something in eachother’s ear after looking at me. I felt insulted. My low patience was about to be a huge problem, so I decided to take a much more…adult approach. I cleared my throat loud enough to get both of their attention. They immediately snapped their heads to me with sheepish smiles. Oh how I wanted to burn those stupid smiles off of both of their faces. I managed to remain calm though. How I was able to do that puzzled me. “Can I know what you guys are talking about? You’re making me highly uncomfortable with whatever you’re doing over there.”

 

“Just…play on your phone or something. Text Donghae.”

 

“You know. If it was a waste of my time coming here, I’ll leave.” I say as I take out my phone and begin to text my angel. “No!” Daejung quickly says. “We’re going to need you here. We’re just…betting.”

 

“Betting what?”

 

“How long it’s going to take to take Donghae’s v-“

 

RINGGG!

 

I look at my phone in my hands and smile when I see Donghae’s name on my screen.

 

‘Hyukjae!’

 

‘What is it Hae?’

 

‘Nothing. You texted me so I wanted to call you.’

 

‘It’s awfully loud there. What’s going on?’

 

‘Oh.’ Donghae giggled cutely. God damnit he’s too adorable!! ‘Siwon spilled my water on Hyunggie’s shirt. Hyunggie got mad and well…he currently has Wonnie in a headlock.’

 

‘Siwon? I would have thought Junsu of all people.’

 

‘That’s the thing. Junsu purposely pushed Siwon because he accidently hit him with the door when he went to get my water. Oh and Minnie Hyung says Hi.’

 

‘Tell him I said leave me alone so that I can talk to you.’

 

I heard Donghae tell Sungmin exactly what I said in his calm voice. Sungmin starts spewing random nonsense and I already knew what was coming up next. ‘Give me the phone, Hae.’

 

….

 

‘Lee Hyukjae! How dare you not want to talk to me?! I am your bestestestest friend! You should have called me first of all people you rude little b-‘

 

‘YAH! NO CURSING AROUND MY BABY HAE HAE!’  Heechul screams from the other side of the phone. Aish~ I’m so happy I’m not over there. ‘Hyung, I love you. Now give the phone to Donghae.’

 

‘OMO! I love you too Hyukjae!! Okay, I’ll give the phone to Donghae only because you actually said you loved me.’

 

‘Do you love me too Hyukjae?’ Donghae’s sweet voice rings throughout my ear. I could practically hear the pout in his voice. ‘Of course. I love you more than anyone else.’

 

‘Good. I love you too.’

 

‘YOU’RE WHIPPED HYUKJAE!’

 

‘Hae…was that Junsu?’

 

‘It was Junsu, Heechul, Yunho, Sungmin, TOP, and GD.’

 

‘Aish~. I’ll deal with them later.’  From the corner of my eye, I could see my dad motioning for me to end the call. I groan loudly. ‘Baby, I’ll talk to you later. Appa needs me.’

 

‘Okay.’ I could tell he was a bit upset.‘Tell Jinhyuk Appa I said hi. I love you.’

 

‘I love you too.’

 

I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket. “Appa. Hae said hi.”

 

I saw a look of hurt on Daejung’s face when I said Donghae’s name. He must really miss him. I was able to get a good look at his face while he was lost in thought. His hair was full black. No faint highlights, nothing. His skin was tan. It looked a bit darker than Hae’s but it still had that pretty color. He was lean, yet muscular; almost like my dad. Then I looked at his eyes. They were blue. Dark blue to be exact. “Daejung Appa. You’re eyes. Are they always that color?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You’re eyes. Have they always been dark blue?”

 

“No. My eyes change colors based off of two things. My emotions and my ability. What brought about this question?”

 

“I…Hae. Donghae’s eyes changed pale yellow.”

 

“What was he doing?” Both of the Appa’s asked. I could tell right away that this was going to be a very important conversation. “I can’t remember. I just remember his eyes. After I snapped out of whatever I was in, he told me that I told him what was bothering me. He seemed confused himself.”

 

“Donghae previously remembered everything about himself, didn’t he?” Daejung Appa asks. I nod. He tenses up then sits back in the couch. His face turns serious and his eyes turn black. I was so mesmerized by those eyes. Can Donghae do that too? “He’s about to revive. Everything is coming back to him slowly. You said he was confused?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Hyukjae.” My dad calls. I turn my attention even though I’m absolutely absorbed with Daejung. “You better listen carefully. Donghae’s going to need all of us more than ever right now.

 

“I wasn’t planning on ignoring this anyway. Now please, tell me about Donghae.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C.N: (Christian's Note. It's not Author's Note anymore xD) Since most of the questions were of the same thing, I tried really hard to make them as different as possible. (lol. What a fail you are christian.) No but seriously, I knew everyone would be confused about that particular event in the story. I’m sorry little readers/subscribers/and other people/ that wanted to know about this. IF I said too much, It would count as a spoiler. (Insert wiggly eye-brow thing my husband TOP does) :D

 

AyaniELF: Hae’s eyes changed colors depending on what power he’s showing at that time. I can’t say it all because in two chapters something very important will happen. I can say though, that everything  about our little Donghae will be revealed.

 

LittleCloud: Donghae’s eyes changed color because he was using one of his powers. Not even Hae knew that he could do that which is why he was confused when it happened. Feelings play a huge part in his eye color. By the way, Double Rainbow is a song. You can find it on youtube. :D And you are not Stupid <3

 

Fungafufu: Hae is an Angel and his eyes change based on what power he’s using. More will be told in about two chapters about all of the characters thanks to…someone. It’ll be like, BAM! INFORMATION! :D

 

So I'm going to double update cause I'm happy. I know you guys are like  I'll grace you with Update sometime tonight. Or later. The world may never know.