A Talk With The Enemy (Friends?)

A Prince's Angel

“Lee Hyukjae, I thought I told you not to take your anger out on people!”

 

“It isn’t my fault! I’m over protective when it comes to things and people I love! If someone would have threatened you, I would have immediately jumped towards the culprit!”

 

“Did you even listen to Kyuhyun!? You scared the poor boy! He fainted in the middle of the Hallway!”

 

“He should have never chased after Donghae, then!”

 

“But wasn’t it you that said Kyuhyun needs a chance before Donghae revives and hurts him!?

 

I stood glaring at my father. He had a point, yes, but my anger gets the best of me. I don’t know what happened back there; but I do know that Donghae is the most important thing in my life. I’ve come to realize that a while ago. When I saw him running away from Kyuhyun, my protective instincts kicked in before my rational mind did and I jumped in front of Donghae without thinking of who was around me or who I would hurt. I was literally on fire.

 

My dad looked at me with a raised eyebrow; obviously questioning my silence. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I said I’m sorry. What I did wasn’t me and I hate myself because of it. I know very well that Donghae’s upset at me, I know Sungmin is upset at me aswell, T.O.P is obviously confused as , and Kyuhyun fainted. This is my fault and so I’m apologizing for my rash actions.” The whole time I was keeping eye contact with my dad so he knew I wasn’t lying. The whole point was that I was actually saying sorry. I’m Lee Hyukjae; the word sorry doesn’t fit in my dictionary. After I finished apologizing, I put my head down. I knew I was going to get yelled at. It was only natural. Who do you think I get my attitude from?

 

“Say no more. I know you’re pissed and I also know how much the word sorry is like holy water to your tongue. I’m just...I guess I’m just really dissappointed. Think Hyukjae, when you’re rightfully crowned Prince, is this how you’re going to make decisions for your people? You said it yourself that you have a lot of stuff on your shoulders; so right now, your main priority should not only be watching over Donghae and your friends; but also thinking about how you’re going to need a whole lot of responsibilty during these times.” He walked over to me and gently put his hand on my shoulder; successfully making me pick my head up to stare into his red eyes. “I’m not saying this to discourage you, I’m not saying this as your friend, I’m not saying this as soon-to-be Vampire King; but I’m saying this as your father. Your blood related father. Take a minute to calm down, alright? I’ll go check how everyone is in the nurse’s office, and after that, I’ll bring ‘em here.”

 

Just as he walked to the door; something clicked into my head. It was never him I should have been apologizing to. I hurt that kid and he had no ill intentions. I never cared for humans before. They were annoying, judgemental, and really stupid; but then Cho Kyuhyun. Something about him just makes him so vulnerable and I just scared him. “Dad...”

 

“Yeah Hyuk?”

 

“Bring Cho. I need to speak with him...personally.”

 

“That’s my boy.”

 

I didn’t miss the proud smirk on his face as he walked out of the office. It’s times like these that I realize why I’m my father’s son. He’s such a loyal, strong, man, and I know that’s what he wants me to be. So he pushes me and pushes me and pushes me until I finally get what I’m supposed to get. This is the support I need through times like this because I was never one to take pressure easily. If it becomes too much, I get these real random headaches. These headaches then turn to migrans and I faint if I really cant handle it.

 

Now that I look at the situation, am I really fit to be doing any of this? Being Prince is just as worse as being King. At this point, I’m sitting here patinetly, waiting for all of the work to be pushed to me. I can really do nothing but anticipate on what’s going to happen next.

 

I must have been in deep thought, because I didn’t even notice anyone walk in until someone cleared their throat in front of me. I snapped my head up; meeting eye to eye with Cho Kyuhyun. He looked a bit pale and fear was obviously in his eyes. It wouldn’t take a rocket scientist to know he was absolutely uncomfortable and frightened about this whole thing. It remained quiet for a good five minutes before I decided to stand up. However, when I made a move, Kyuhyun immediately dropped to the floor and go into the fetal position.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know Donghae-Hyung was your boyfriend. Forgive me, please. I wasn’t trying to hurt him. Se-Seriously, I just wanted to talk. He was...he was so scared of me and I didn’t mean for him to act like that! Ple-Please forgive me, Hyukjae-Hyung. I know you must hate me for what I’ve do-“

 

“Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

He looked up at me and I almost felt a bit heart broken that he did. His eyes were puffy and red, much like his cheeks that had streaks of tear stains running down. This kid....just by the look in his eyes you can tell that he’s been through so much. He read nothing but fear, sadness, and heart break. That could only mean he must have thought of Donghae as someone important to him. This was no friendship. They were brothers.... “Kyuhyun-ssi. Please sit. I don’t....I don’t want to hurt you. I just want to talk.”

 

“You’re...You’re not ma-mad at me?”

 

“By all means I couldn’t be more pissed at what you’ve done; but I wasn’t the that it happened to. If anything, the person that should have lashed out and beat you up is Donghae. We both know he’s too innocent for that. He’d only do something like that if he were either unconscious or if he was provoked to the point where he gets scared.” When I held my hand out to help Kyuhyun up, he flinched back; but took it anyway. I helped him to stand up and sat him in a chair. I then took the seat across from him and crossed one leg over the other. “Let’s talk, Kyuhyun. Let me start by formally introducing myself. I’m Lee Hyukjae: Vampire Prince and Lee Donghae’s boyfriend.”

 

“I-I’m Cho Kyuhyun. Umm, Human and...Uhhh....I like video games?”

 

“Good enough, I suppose. But now that introductions are over, let’s get down to business. Let me start by saying Donghae is still in the process of trusting people. He won’t let anyone sneak up on him. However, he’s been making good progress. Due to this, his ring has been given back. You know about that, right?” A small nod was my answer. “Good. So you know that it was also taken away from him?”

 

“What?”

 

“Yeah. After the...incident, and after he was released from the hospital a year later, one of his friend’s, Henry, had came back from China. I’m not sure you know of Henry; but that was Donghae’s closest friend. He looked up to Donghae as an older brother. So...Henry was completely erased from Hae’s memory base, along with most other things, and when the poor boy continuously tried to get Donghae to remember him, Donghae had released this bright light from his body because he was scared. This then resulted in Henry being blind.”

 

“WHAT?! HAE-HYUNG HAS THE POWER TO DO THAT?!”

 

I nodded. “No one knew he could do it. But after the whole Henry thing; his ring was taken away. Daejung Appa just recently got it back. This is where things start to get a bit...how do I put this...complicated.” At the word complicated, Kyuhyun tilted his head. That’s kind of funny because Hae does the same thing when he’s confused. I refused to tell him about how Hae fainted when his father came to talk because he’d probably feel even worse about the whole situation. The last thing I need is him crying and pouting. I really hoped he didn’t get that from Donghae. They must have really grown onto each other when they were younger. “What do you mean by complicated, Hyung?”

 

“I mean that he’s starting to revive. He’s regaining his memory and power back. It’s the stage where everything is about to hit him hard. This is where I need you to come in. We need you to make up with Donghae during this process. We’re protecting you, Cho. I can’t afford you getting hurt. It’d be my fault if that happened and I won’t forgive myself if Donghae accidently did something unforgiveable. I’ll help you. I’ll help you build your relationship with Donghae, Siwon, Yunho, and Heechul again. Even though Heechul Hyung might be a bit difficult to persuade, I’ll make it happen. We’ll work with Siwon and Yunho first, okay?”

 

“O-Okay. I’ll try my hardest. But...but what exactly am I going to do once I get close to him? Things won’t be the same.”

 

“You’re going to be his support. Everyone needs support at some point in their lives.” Take it from someone who definitely needs it at this point. I’m trusting you, Cho. “If you hurt him again, you won’t be forgiven and I’ll let Heechul Hyung take care of you. Understand?”

 

“I understand, Hyung.”

 

“Good.” I stood up from the chair I was sitting at and stuck my hand out to Kyuhyun with the kindest smile I could muster. Being kind is already a challenge for me; so imagine how much it hurts to be kind and smile at the same time. “Friends?”

 

He kind of just looked at my hand for a while before taking it and smiling brightly. It was...actually adorable. Such a huge contrast from someone who’s so tall and a bit scary. “Friends! So when can I meet with Yunho Hyung and Siwon Hyung.”

 

‘Cho Kyuhyun is in there?! Let me at him! I will rip all of his damned brown, curly hair out and burn it so hot that he’ll feel it in his soul!’

 

“We should start off with Siwon first. Yunho seems a bit...upset.”

 

Kyuhyun had his head down with a dejected frown. I understood his point, he must have been really looking forward to growing his bond with Yunho. “Okay...”

 

“Well...we’ll leave when I’m sure Yunho’s away from the door. Remember what I said Cho. If Donghae is hurt again...”

 

“Then I won’t be forgiven and you’ll let Heechul eat me alive. Thank you, Hyukjae Hyung. I’m so, so happy you took this time to talk with me. I won’t let you, Donghae, or anyone else down. I promise.” He bowed and then got back up with that same bright smile he showed earlier. Now I understood why Donghae liked this kid. He just had this...this sense of security. It was kind of nice in a way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to hate me. I mean it seriously. I totally understand if you don't like

this story anymore; but I just didn't have to the will to continue do to lack of comments and

support. Recently, though, I've been getting subscribers for this story and it makes me

a bit happy people still like this story. So this is for the people who subscribed and wrote to me

about updating this story.

 

Thank you all so much for the amount of Support.