The ring pt.1

A Prince's Angel

 


‘How long have I been sleeping?’

 

It was the first question I had thought when I opened my eyes. (I don’t even remember going to sleep, actually.) After all of that damned information, my headache seemed to only grow worse and worse throughout the whole day. I was walking through my house to get painkillers and water, and then I ended up fainting or some like that. Something really has to get done about these ing uncontrollable headaches of mine.

 

Since I honestly didn’t feel like getting up or moving, I throw my comforter over my head and close my eyes. Just as I was about to close my eyes, my over sensitive ears picked up a soft knock on my room door. I ignored it, though, because whoever knocked was obviously unsure if they should even come in. For a minute, no one did anything. I wish people would just leave me alone for today so that I could think. But I’m curious to know who this is. “Are you coming in or not?”

 

There was rather deep sigh from the other end and then my door opened to reveal…Yunho Hyung? That’s odd. He doesn’t usually visit me unless he’s with other people. “Hyukjae, my father told me that he told you everything about Hae. Is it true?”

 

I nodded and tilted my head to the left a bit. Something’s going on here. I’d just love to know what it is though. What does Hyung want with me? I slowly sit up from my bed, resting my back on the headboard. “Let me see it.”

 

“See what?”

 

“The ring. I want to see Donghae’s ring. It’s much better than mine.”

 

Much better than yours? How could a simple ring with a blue diamond be better than yours when it’s in the same fashion?

 

My jeans were still on from when I first got the ring, so… YUP! In my pocket. I pull it from my pocket and give it to Yunho Hyung. The look on his face told me that that ring was seriously significant in value, power, or whatever he meant when he said that it was much better than his. He took his ring off and placed them both in the palm of his hand, holding it out to me.

 

“Hyukjae, I know you’re confused about a lot so far; but one reason I’m here is because I wanted to say that I’m sorry for not telling you everything sooner.” Tell me everything? He knew? Hyung knew? “You knew?” I asked a bit shocked. Yunho Hyung nodded his head slowly, looking at me with a bit of guilt in his eyes. I rest my hand on his shoulder and sigh. “You shouldn’t feel bad, Hyung. If anything, you guys could have kept this a secret from me until I figured out something was wrong myself. It’s your family. I’m not apart of that yet. You guys don’t have to tell me everything about yourselves. I mean, I just found out that I’m a ing vampire prince.” His eyes widened a bit when I said that. “Yeah, that’s a lot of work on my shoulders. For years I’ve been trained to be the best not really knowing why until now. Plus, I was recently told about Hae’s revival. I’m scared, Hyung. I really am. There’s so much weight on my shoulder’s that I can actually carry.”

 

“But Hyukjae, you are apart of our family. Just as much as we’re apart of yours. We trust you enough to leave Hae by your side when no one else is around, and that’s a lot for me to do. I’m very protective over my little brother, as you can see. He’s the most precious thing that has ever happened to me. Siwon, Heechul and I would spend countless days with him when he was in the hospital. It would be an endless routine of going to school, going to the hospital until visiting hours were over, and then going back home. However, I was happy that I was even able to be with him. Now that we have extra additions to our family, You, TOP, Sungmin, Junsu, and G Dragon, we have nothing to worry about. We know we have people who care for Hae just as much as we do. And besides,” He let out a small chuckle. “Donghae loves you. There’s no possible way, no matter what we would try to do in the future if something were to ever happen, that he would ever let you go.”

 

I felt my body go warm for the quickest three seconds in my life. My headache dissapeared completely, and my whole body just felt light for some reason. But then again, it is Donghae we’re talking about. Absolutely nothing can beat my feelings for that adorable boy. “Donghae is persistent.”

 

“Yup. But Hyukjae, I don’t want you to feel as though I’m just a Hyung. I’m your unofficial older brother, just like Siwon is. Same thing goes for Junsu, TOP, GD, and Sungmin. I don’t know where you stand with Heechul; but atleast there’s some kind of good relationship going on there.”

 

“Heechul and I…” I actually had to think about that. He’s so damn motherly but he’s like an older sister I never wanted. “He’s my older sister.”

 

Yunho just laughs. All of a sudden, the first question I thought of popped into my head. “Hyung, how long have I been asleep?” Hyung checks his watch and sighs. “Well, It’s about 2:30pm right now. So about a day or less. By the way, Donghae’s back home. Everyone else is there. My house is like a mad house. Want to come see him? He seems in a happy mood with everyone around him.”

 

Being the overly-concieted guy I am, I wanted to say “He’ll be even happier if I’m there.”  I ended up with a nice “Sure.” Because I didn’t want Hyung to think I was too cocky.

~~~~~~~

“Does he even know I’m coming?”

 

“He told me to get you over here actually. Plus, you have to give him the ring don’t you?”

 

“I guess I do.”

 

Yunho Hyung takes out his key and slowly opens the door. “Dad? What are you doing here?” I ask when I see my father and Hae’s dad talking.

 

“Well, we actually knew that when you woke up you’d come here. So we came before you did because the house was a bit boring while you were asleep.”

 

“So…” I deadpanned. Like, I literally felt my whole face fall off of my face. “If Yunho didn’t wake me up, then I would have woken up to an empty house wondering where all of my family went?”

 

“Basically. But don’t be too upset. The rest are upstairs.”

 

Hyung and I were about to walk upstairs when Donghae’s dad called me. I turned around to look at him. He had a small, sad smile on his face. I wonder what happened to him. “He’s upset at me. Don’t mention my name to him please.”

 

Donghae’s upset? It must take a lot to get someone like him upset. I nod at Daejung appa and continue to walk upstairs. There was a lot of loud noise coming from one room in particular. It was then that I realized I had never stepped foot inside of his house. “Hyung, I need to talk to Donghae privately for a minute. But I don’t want anyone else to know I’m here yet.”

 

“Okay, I’ll call him out. Go wait in my room. It’s the second door on the right.”

 

The fact that I actually had to walk down the long hallway to get to his room is crazy. This has got to be one of the biggest houses I’ve ever been in. I walk up to a door that had a golden knob. Pretty ing fancy doorknob. I thought to myself as I pushed the door open.

~~~~~~

I waited for about five minutes until the door opened. I put down one of the track team trophy’s I was holding and smiled brightly when I saw Donghae at the door. “Hyukjae!” He ran up to me and basically tackled me to the floor. Well…someone missed me. The next thing I knew, soft lips were on mine. It took me by surprise a bit because I’m not used to him initiating the first kiss. (I’m not used to him initiating anything, actually.)

 

“Hyukjae, I missed you.”

 

“Donghae, it was only a day.”

 

He smiled sweetly at me then kissed my cheek. “That’s too long for me. Now what did you need Hyukkie?”

 

“I actually have to give something extremely important to you. Your, uhh, dad…told me to give this to you yesterday.” Donghae’s face automatically fell. His usual brown eyes were now a deep blue. Does that mean that he’s sad? I’m going to have to understand what each color means. This is seriously a lot of work for me. “I don’t want it.” He said with a sad voice. Aish! I can’t stand seeing him so sad.

 

“Donghae. I talked with both of our father’s yesterday. Your dad told me a lot about you. So I just want you to know that he’s here to help you Hae. I’ll explain everything to you when it’s officialy just You and I alone. I can’t risk the chance of everyone barging in here. So…” I take the ring out of my pocket and hold it out to him. His eyes grow wide and as he takes the ring from me, his hand starts shaking. “Wh-Where? M-My appa?”

 

“Yes Hae. He told me everything about this ring. And I’m going to help and protect you as much as I can.”

 

He was practically on the verge of tears. His body started shaking. The position we were in though, kind of made it hard for me to comprehend what was actually going on. He was basically stradling my waist while I was lying on the floor.

 

………Not cool, bro………

 

“H-hae. Please don’t cry. I don’t like seeing you cry.” It’s actually not that. I just don’t know how to comfort people when they’re crying.

 

“N-No. It’s just that…I finally have it back. I thought…I thought I’d never have the privelege of being able to even look at my ring again. I’m tr-truly happy. But how? H-How did my A-Appa get it?”

 

“The reason Daejung Appa left is because he went to retrieve that for you. I know it seems so sudden that all of this is being thrown to you; but your Appa really cares for you and Yunho. From what I understand, Yunho has forgiven him. Have you?”

 

“I…”

 

“Will you Hae?” He bit his lip and looked down at me. His eyes were brown again. I wonder if he even notices this stuff.

 

“Hyukjae…I don’t kn-.”

 

“Can you?” Donghae slipped the ring on his ring finger and slowly stood up. I followed after because the floor was uncomfortable without Donghae there. He held his hand out to me and I took it, lacing our fingers together.

 

“I…I can.” He whispered to me. “I…I c-can forgive him. And I wi-will.”

 

“Good. Come on.” I started walking over to Yunho Hyung’s door and opened it. He hesitated but walked out with me. “We’re going to go speak to our father’s together.”

 

Hae let my hand go and grabbed onto my bicep. He rested his head on my shoulder, looking up at me. “T-Together.” He mumbled with a tiny smile on his face. God, how I love this boy right here. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Ahead. Kill me if you want to. I know I haven't

updated in like...45 years, but I'm sorry. This

is basically introducing the ring. Next chapter

should be updated soon and will be more centered around

Donghae, His father, Hyukjae, and Hyukjae's father.

I hope you liked this chapter. Once again, Sorry

for the lateness. Christian is sorry. <3