Donghae...

A Prince's Angel

 

It was last period when I received a text from Heechul. He must have heard about me wanting to talk to his Dongsaeng later because it wasn't really a nice text.
 
'Lee Hyukjae! If you dare try something with my little angel I will rip your vampire off and shove it up your own !'
                               -Crazy Nymph
                                                   2:04pm
 
What is up with people thinking I'm going to do things to that angel? I haven't done anything bad to anyone in the school besides Junsu and TOP and that was merely setting their  asses on fire. I wouldn't hurt Donghae like I hurt those two. Taking out my phone, I quickly text back.
 
'Don't worry Hyung. I won't do anything to him. Calm your stupid s.' 
          
"Hyukjae. Your dad may own the school but that doesn't mean you can text in the middle of my class. Put your cellphone away and pay attention to the lesson." Mr. Kwon, the English teacher, says. He's the only person that can even try to say anything against me because he's been close friends with my dad since they were young. 
 
"Sorry Mr. Kwon."
 
"Thought so."
 
When he turns back to the board, I let out a loud sigh. Today has been really eventful. First Period, Mr. Shin wasn't here. Second Period, I got a confession from a human girl that wasn't even in my class at the time. Third Period, Junsu actually did work. Fourth Period, I fell asleep during science (that's not new). Fifth Period, I skipped with Minnie. Sixth Period, that was lunch. Seventh Period, the teacher was flirting with me. I felt REALLY awkward. Finally I'm in Eighth Period- nothing happened yet. So I'm waiting.
 
"Hyukjae! Stop spacing o-"
 
Mr. Kwon was interrupted when the door slammed open. It was Junsu. What the is he doing here?
 
"Hyuk! Hyukjae! Something's wrong with Donghae! Come on!" He practically yells at me. I freeze at Donghae's name and quickly stand up from my seat. "Mr. Kwon?"
 
"Go Hyukjae. We know you hate violence." As soon as he gives me the okay, I run to Junsu and we speed out the door. 
 
....
 
"What happened Junsu?"
 
"I-I don't know. I was about to use the bathroom when I heard noises in an empty room. I was going to peak inside, but something caught my ears."
 
"What?" I ask. I was getting frustrated because I needed to know what was wrong.
 
"D-Donghae.... Someone was yelling at him and he was frightened to death. When I peaked in, he was being pinned against the wall. I don't understand why he didn't use his strength to break away."
 
"! He probably can't use his strength when he's scared. That's the case of only a little bit of Angel's. It's a bit weird because they're known for their sense of self-defence." 
 
He stops me in front of a room I've never really cared about. Sure enough, I can hear Donghae's sweet, pleading voice. When I look in, my eyes go bigger than they ever have in my life. Donghae was on the floor. He scooted up against the wall the best he could from his attacker. It was a boy I've never seen before, which gets me even more pissed. 
 
He crouched down and slapped Donghae across the face, knocking him to the side due to the impact. My breath catches in my throat when I realise something I hadn't noticed.
 
Donghae was... glowing.
 
His body had a soft, white glow around it, but it seemed as if the human hadn't noticed it yet. If he did, he obviously didn't give a about it.
 
"Hyukjae, calm down." I hear Junsu's voice ring through my ears. It was then that I realised my hands were shaking and I was surrounded by fire.  "Breathe, Hyukjae." 
 
I close my eyes and take five breaths. I may be a gentleman, but I am no one to around with. I have a very low temper.
 
When I open my eyes, I kick the door open so hard it flies to the other side of the room, making a loud 'bang' sound. It must have startled teachers and students because I heard a lot of chatter from behind me while Junsu was trying to stop everyone from looking in. 
 
I step into the room, automatically regretting it. The smell of blood was strong. Junsu must have smelt it too because his body visibly started to shake. "... " I mutter. The smell is sweet... intoxicating... a drug. 
 
"....Jae. Hyukjae! Snap out of it!"
 
Donghae was looking up at me from the floor. He spit up blood, holding tightly onto my jeans. I look around, but to my dismay, the guy isn't here anymore. Crouching down to Donghae's level, I cringe at the delicious smelling blood. 
 
"D-Donghae." 
 
He tried speaking, but it sounded more like a gargle. The glow around his body never faltered, it only grew brighter. I sit against the wall and pull Donghae into my embrace. His arms fall limp at his side and his head rests against my chest. 
 
"Donghae?"
 
No response. 
 
"D-Donghae?! Wake up!" 
 
No response.
 
My voice starts to go weak. I will not allow anyone to die in this school, especially not someone I care so deeply for. The glow around his small body flashes before dimming down a bit. It's scaring me because I don't know what to do. 
 
I take Donghae's phone out of his pocket. Good, he doesn't have a password. I quickly call Yunho, I know this is his free period. 
 
'Donghae?'
 
'It's not Donghae. It's Hyukjae. Please come to the room near the bathroom. Quickly.' 
 
'Is Donghae okay?'
 
'......No.' 
 
I hear the phone go dead in an instant. His body starts to feel really hot, not warm, but definitely not how it should be feeling. I look at the bruises on his cheek and the blood flowing out of his mouth.
 
"Hyukjae! Snap out of it! I know what you're thinking! Don't do it!"
 
"But Junsu, it smells wonderful." I don't know what's gotten in to me. Drinking his blood, or simply tasting it, would be a very bad thing to do. It could bring danger to the both of us. However, it smells like heaven.  My finger runs up and down the trail of blood. I was going to it off, but a hand pinned mine to the wall.
 
"Hyukjae. Calm down." Junsu says. "Focus on Donghae until Yunho and the others get here. Do not think of it. Do you really want to take advantage of the one you admire so much to the point where he won't ever trust you?"
 
"I don't know what's gotten into me." 
 
"Where's Donghae!?!" Heechul's voice could distinctly be picked out.
 
Junsu wipes the blood off of my finger with one of his napkins he keeps in his pocket and sighs. He runs over to the door, lowering the shield he had put up to let Yunho, Siwon, Heechul, TOP, and Sungmin in. 
 
Heechul had dropped to his knees at the sight of Donghae. He crawls over to him, sweeping Donghae's hair out of his face with a shaky hand. "Baby H-Hae? H-Hae Hae. Ta-Talk to me d-darling. Let Ch-Chullie know y-you're okay."
 
"Siwon, call our doctor. Let him know we're on our way." Yunho looks at Junsu, TOP, Sungmin, and I with a stern look on his face. 
 
"Hyukjae's the fastest." TOP says. "He wouldn't have let anyone else carry him in the first place." 
 
colour. "Be....before he fainted. His body let off a glow that shined the whole room before it dimmed down. Yunho, Siwon, do you know what  that means?"
 
"He was in pain." Siwon says. Yunho nods before continuing. "He's confused, broken, hurt, and lost. He's faced stuff like this before, but they've stopped ever since he came here. He must have been scared beyond belief. Thank you both for saving my little brother." 
 
"Brother?" Sungmin asks. I was curious too. "You two don't even have the same surname. He's a Lee, You're  a Jung."
 
"Our parents were split, so I took our Father's surname while he took our Mother's. Come on guys, follow me. And Hyukjae?"
 
I look up at him from admiring Donghae's face. "Yeah?"
 
"Take care of him. I'm serious."
 
"It's not like that." 
 
TOP chuckles. "Of course it's not  like that."
 
I look over. I nearly forgot Heechul was here. He was sitting with his knees to his chest and his head in his folded arms. "Someone should carry Heechul aswell." 
 
"I'll do it." Siwon says softly. He piggy backs Heechul. I stand up slowly, Donghae's arms dangling and his head thrown back. Yunho, TOP, and Siwon run first, Junsu and Sungmin follow second. I kiss Donghae's forehead, quickly following them. My mind was all a blur as we ran to the hospital.
 
*~*~*~*
 
It was quiet as we waited. No one tried to start a conversation because we couldn't. We waited for a couple hours until the doctor came out. My eyes turned red at the smell of Donghae's blood.
 
Sungmin noticed it. He stood in front of me so no one could see my eyes. I felt something smack me in the face. It was TOP. I snapped out my trance and gently moved Sungmin out of my way.
 
"..nosis. Not to much damage was received. However, he will definitely have some psychological problems. Keep him as far away from danger as possible. He might break down from the stress and we don't need that to happen. Even if it's not directly happening to him, he shouldn't witness it. Understand?"
 
We all nod slowly. Heechul stands up and walks to the doctor. "C-Can we see him?"
 
"Of course. Two people at a time though." The doctor bows and goes somewhere else. 
 
I let out a loud sigh, burying my face in my hands. "Let Heechul and Yunho go." 
 
"You and Heechul should go." 
 
"No. He's your brother and Heechul practically see's him as his child. Am I right?"
 
Heechul and Yunho both nod at me.
 
"I thought so. Now go see him. If he wakes up, tell him I'm sorry for not protecting him. I have to go, my dad is outside."
 
"Hyukjae, do you think your dad can drop me off?" Sungmin asks with a cute pout. I nod, grabbing his hand and pulling him with me. 
 
.....
 
I get into the passenger seat while Sungmin sits in the back seat. He lays across it, saying hi to my father. 
 
"Hi Sungmin. What was everyone doing here?" 
 
"It was nothing Appa."
 
Minnie and dad look at eachother, then I can see Sungmin looking at me worriedly from the mirror. He mouths  'what's wrong', but I just shake my head. 
 
"I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine."