His name is Kai Kim

Before the Sun Sets

1 week has passed after Mrs Jung had told Krystal about her disease.She still hasn't accepted the fact and she hasn't said a word to anyone in her family yet.

Sadly she sat down on the bus and stared glumly at the window which had raindrops.

A handsome boy who looked very athletic asked Krystal"Can I sit here?".

Krystal turned to face the boy and it was her first time to smile after 1 week"Sure".

The boy looked at her uniform"You go to the same school as me but you don't look familiar.Are you new?".

Krystal shook her head"No, maybe you don't know me cause I tend to hang around far from everyone".

The boy chuckled"Pssh..why don't you want to have friends?".

Krystal looked down on the floor"I don't know how to make friends.....and I'm afraid they'll get hurt when-".

The boy shook Krystal's friend and cut her off"Well I'm your new friend,my name is Kai by the way".

Krystal smiled and shook his hand to"Krystal".

The bus stopped and they all got off.

Krystal put her hands on her chest and watched Kai walk to class"I feel funny".

Later that day when the school bell rang for class...

Krystal ran to the school garden and Kai noticed her so he followed her.

"Hello again"said Krystal to a pigeon with a broken leg wrapped with a bandage in a box with holes.

Krystal gave the pigeon bread crumbs and smiled"Eat Well".

Kai crept behind Krystal"Boo!".

Krystal was startled'Aaah!".

Kai smiled cheekly"Sorry didn't mean to startle you that much".

Krystal smiled nervously back"It's okay".

"So this is your friend huh?"teased Kai."What's its name?".

"Hmmm..it doesn't have one?"replied Krystal.

"How about Chichi?"suggested Kai.

"Chichi?"asked Krystal.

"Because the closest flower to the bird is an orchid and chichi is from...yeh"Kai explained.

Krystal smiled"whatever".

(Photo from en.wikipedia.org)