Memories

Before the Sun Sets

Kai looked at the mirror and put his blue woolen jacket on and sighed.He had a sullen expression.He blew on his mirror and wrote on the fog his breath had created"Bye,bye Korea".

There was a knock on the door.Kai reluctantly put on his checkered bag"Come in".

Naeun came in"Are you ready?".

Kai shrugged his shoulders"Are we ever?".

Naeun smiled briefly then stood next to Kai and looked at mirror"This is our humble selves,when we go to America I wonder how much our lives will be changed".

Kai patted Naeun's hand"Keep your head high but your feet grounded".

Naeun slowly turned to Kai"Will you ever love again?....Sorry,I shouldn't have asked that".

Kai smiled"Don't be sorry.The answer to that question is probably a no.Even if I was reincarnated I'd still love the same person".

"I admire you"replied Naeun.

Kai smiled and headed for the door"Come on let's go,they're probably calling us".

"One more,have you forgiven mum?I haven't"asked Naeun.

Kai sighed"For now,I don't know but I will,you should to.It's not good to hold a grunge in the family especially with your parents".

The two got in the car and it was very silent in the car.The parents looked blank and they drove off but they stopped by the cemetery.They got off the car without uttering a single word.

Naeun and Kai lead the way to where their father was buried which was next to Taemin's.They laid two bouqets of flowers and stood their in silence.

Flashbacks of their childhood memories appeared in their minds and they smiled but were sad at the same time.

Flashback:

Naeun was crying on the beach in the seaside town infront of a ruined sand castle.She sounded like a siren.

"What's wrong?"asked Kai.

"My sandcastle is ruined!"cried Naeun.

Taemin looked like he was thinking deeply then he whispered in Kai's ear.Kai nodded and smiled"Naeun,stay here".

Kai ran with Taemin to a part of the beach which was a fair distance away near the rock pool part.They came back after 15 minutes and from afar they shouted and waved"Naeun,Come!".

Kai held Naeun's hand while Taemin covered Naeun's eyes with his bare hands"Open!".

Kai and Taemin ran to the sand castle and stretched their hands out"Ta Daaan!".

Her frown gradually turned into a banana smile and she ran to the castle which was almost as big as her.Their parents took photos of them and the whole family was splashing each other in the water.