Yoonbaek

Before the Sun Sets

"K...K...Krystal"stuttered Kai.

Krystal smiled"Oh what are you doing here?".

Kai smiled widely and hugged Krystal all of a sudden making her uncomfortable and in an awkward position.Kai closed his eyes then stopped and put his hands in his pocket from shyness.

"Ugh...ugh sorry.I...was on the way to Naeun's but I can't seem to find the way,do you live here to?"asked Kai.

Krystal shook her head"No,this is my mother's restaurant.She named it after me".

Kai nodded"Oh I see".

"I'll guide you to Naeun's wait I'll just tell my mother I'm going"replied Krystal.

Kai smiled warmly and looked around the noodle house.He followed Krystal to the counter where her mother was.

"Mum this is Kai"introduced Krystal shyly.

Kai bowed formally"Hello".

"Ugh he's the prince charming in your diary.You know Krystal used to always talk about you-"began Mrs Jung but she stopped when Krystal started turning pink.Mrs Jung nodded to Krystal"Ugh anyway you should eat first".

"Uh actually we were going to meet his father again"said Krystal

"Okay then,but do come back here"replied Mrs Jung smiling."Take care and be back before the sun sets".

Krystal nodded energetically but politely"Yes.Oh my phone,wait here".

Kai nodded and Mrs Jung went to the back of the kitchen and started cooking.A boy with an apron sat on the chairs in the opposite way and he was giving Kai a mean look"Ya flower boy".

Kai turned around and walked closer to the boy.He put his hand out for a handshake"The name's Kai".

The boy ignored his handshake and blew his fringe.He mimicked Kai"The name's Kai.Yah who are you to walk around here like you own the place".

"Did I do anything wrong?"asked Kai.

The boy grabbed Kai's shirt"You hurt her and they'll never find your body".

Krystal came running"Ya ya Yoonbaek".

Yoonbaek steppbed back and acted like he didn't do anything instead he shoved past Kai and started mopping.

"Sorry about that,he's very overprotective.His my mother's bestfriend's son.He's like my brother"explained Krystal.

Yoonbaek paused and the words"He's like my brother" echoed in his head.A tear was about to come out but he shook his head so it didn't.

Kai nodded and smiled"Let's go".