Phone call

Before the Sun Sets

Kai was sitting in his seat with mixed emotions and he kept staring at his phone every minute or so.He looked around and locked the door.He took out his Samsung S III and looked through his contacts and stopped when he saw 'Krystal'.Kai took a deep breath and dialed her.

"Hello"said Krystal.

Kai smiled and took a deep breath"Hello...umm Krystal please don't drop the phone yet".

No one was replying but Kai kept on talking"I know you're still there...what Suzy said was a lie...I..I really wanted to say".

There was someone knocking on Kai's door which made him shocked"Krystal meet me at Namsan Tower at 5pm where the locks are...bye".

He hung up and Krystal stared at her phone with tears that she held inside while listening to Kai but let them out when he hung up.Kai quickly got up and opened his door and it was his mother.Her mother came in with a tray of fresh home made korean food.Mrs Kim sat down beside Kai"What's up?".

Kai shook his head"Nothing".

Mrs Kim looked at Kai and held his hand"I know it's hard to stay away from her but if you really love that person then you're willing to give up everthing and anything.I accept Krystal more then Suzy but don't tell your father".

"How did?"Kai began.

Mrs Kim smiled"Mother's instinct".

Kai felt touched"Thank you mum.Can I ask you a question?".

Mrs Kim was about to leave but she stopped and turned around"What is it?".

"Why did you leave dad,Naeun and Taemin?"asked Kai.

Mrs Kim had teary eyes but she smiled"That day will come when you will know the reason".

Kai nodded and watched his mum close the door behind her.

Kai's phone started to ring,it was from Naeun.He answered the phone"Hello".

"Hello meet me straight after school in the river catchment"Naeun said briefly before she hung up.

"Wait"said Kai but she was gone.He looked puzzled but he put what Naeun said on his planner.