So Be It

Before the Sun Sets

Two days later...

Kai was going to a new school to start fresh.Before he left his mother passed him homemade lunch"I'm sorry it had to end like this".

Kai nodded blankly and left"thank you".He walked slowly to school and his mother sighed watching him with pain.His father shook his head as he read the newspaper with a frown.

Mrs Kim took a deep breath and played with her fingers"Soo Dong".

"mmm"replied Mr Kim.

"Kai wants to go back to his real father"replied Mrs Kim.

Mr Kim put his paper down"What?".

"With Jongyoon"replied Mrs Kim.

He stood up"There's no way that will ever happen!".

Mrs Kim stepped back which made Mr Kim close his eyes and become regretful of his behaviour"Unless Suzy marries but then we'll only get 30% of the companies shares".

"But aren't you rich enough.You're making your son turn away from you just for money.He hasn't even seen his real father yet in more than 10 years"replied Mrs Kim.

Mr Kim brushed his hair with his fingers"Fine if that's what you want then so be it".

Later that day....

Kai had just arrived from his new high school and when he came into the house his parents were seated in the dinner table.

Kai bowed formally.

"Have a seat Kai"said Mr Kim.

Kai did as what he was told to and he sat down on the table being very cautious of his actions.

"Your mother told me about the fact you wanted to go back to your father"Began Mr Kim.

Kai looked up at Mr Kim in the eyes because he was interested"Ye...Ye..Yes".

Mr Kim took a deep breath"Then So be it".

Mrs Kim and Kai's eyes widened"Re..re.re..really?".

Mr Kim nodded"We went to their place and they signed papers to be responsible for you as your legal guardian.We're going to drop you there tomorrow".

Kai had mixed emotions of happiness yet sadness for his step father and mother"D..da..dad you know you don't have to do this".

"I'm no longer your dad"replied Mr Kim walking away.

Kai and his mother exchanged looks.