A Little Explanation

It's Easy.... For You

Jonghyun and Leeteuk stayed in silence for a while. Both lost in thoughts, then as if remembering something Leeteuk broke the silence, “Ah,” Jonghyun who heard it looked at his hyung. “What’s wrong hyung?” “How long have you been staying here? More than 3 days, you said?” Jonghyun shrugged, “Perhaps.” “Then have you contacted your friends? You have missed your classes and haven’t come back to your apartment, right? Have you told them or gave them any news?” Hearing that, Jonghyun paled. “Oh ,” mumbled him. “My phone was run out of battery and I haven’t got the chance to tell them. , ! What should I say to them? I don’t want to make them worry.” Jonghyun panicked. “Ssshh.. Relax, Jjong.. First you should calm down,” Leeteuk tried to calm Jonghyun down, then he also thought about some ideas.

After a minute or so, Leeteuk told Jonghyun about his ideas. “Just tell them half the truth, or just say that you ran into me and then decided to stay overnight. You haven’t called them because your phone was dead and you forgot your charger. You just charge your phone now because I just borrowed it from my friends. You also forgot to call them because you have many things on your mind and need a change. You think that you needed a big brother figure, which is me, to talk and gave you some advice. How about that?” Jonghyun just nodded because he couldn’t think of anything else, then he gathered his courage and picked up his phone and turned it on.

Jonghyun decided to call Jinki first, he knew if he called Key he would face his wrath. Even though they would talk on phone and not face-to-face, an angry Key was still hard to deal with and Jonghyun would try his best not to face him. He dialed Jinki’s numbers and waited for him to pick up his phone. Jonghyun drummed his fingers on his thigh, feeling nervous. He bit his lips and glanced at Leeteuk. In reply, Leeteuk gave him a reassuring stare.

“Yeoboseyo?” A voice from the other side answered.  It made Jonghyun froze for a moment before he took a deep breath and replied. “ Yebeoseyo. It’s me, hyung,” he replied to the phone. He knew that Jinki would recognize his voice, and he was right. Even it was so soft he still could hear his hyung whispered the answer, “It’s you..” Hearing the answer, there was one thing that crossed in Jonghyun’s mind, ‘Oh !’

 Jinki was silent for another minute and Jonghyun also didn’t have courage to break the silence. They stayed silent for another minute before finally Jonghyun had enough courage to say something again. “Hyung..,” whispered Jonghyun, “are you still there?” Jonghyun’s voice snapped Jinki back from his trance. “It’s really you, Jjong,” whispered Jinki relieved then he continued “Where are you right now? Are you safe? Where have you been? Why didn’t you contact me or Key? What’s wrong? Junho-ssi told me you were sick, are you still sick? Do you have a fever? Are you hurt? Where did you go? When will you come home? Are you okay? Jjong where can-“ “Woa, woa.. calm down hyung,” Jonghyun cut off his hyung rattle. “You sure ask a lot of question, hyung,” Jonghyun chuckled, “I don’t even get everything, but first calm down and I’ll try my best to explain.” Jonghyun let out a sigh and glanced at Leeteuk. Leeteuk just gave him an encouraging smile.

 Jonghyun took a deep breath before answering. He decided to go with Leeteuk’s idea to tell the half-truth so technically he didn’t lie to his friends. “First of all, I’m okay. Yes, I was sick a few days ago but now I’m really healthy. Sorry that I made all of you worry. I’m staying at one of my friends house and now I’m with Leeteuk hyung. You remember him, right? I ran into him and decided to catch up with him. You know.. It’s been a long time since the last time I met him,” Jonghyun’s voice got softer. He remembered what happened after the last time he met his Teukie hyung. He couldn’t forget that. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind from a painful memories. “Sorry that I didn’t contact any of you. The reason is my phone was dead and I didn’t bring my charger. I just got the charger today from Leeteuk hyung’s friend.. I also had many things on my mind and needed to sort out my mind. So, I thought I needed a change and time to be alone. So once again, I’m sorry,” said Jonghyun, he was feeling guilty and sorry because he made his friends worry about him, so he said it with sincerity.

“Jjong.. That’s okay. I’m just glad that you are okay,” replied Jinki from the other line. “When will you come home? We..” I.. “miss you. We are really worried. We thought you were missing and something bad happened to you.” I think I’m going crazy if that really happens. “I’m glad you are safe,” Jinki said to the phone softly. Hearing that, Jonghyun feeling more guilty and he could sense that Jinki was really tired. He could guess that his hyung was searching for him for days. Jonghyun felt like he was a jerk and such an egoist person. He only thought about himself and didn’t think about others.

 “I.. I think I’ll come back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. You don’t need to be worried again, Hyung, just take a rest. Please also tell Key not to worry. I promise I won’t be gone for long and if you want to call me I promise to pick it up. I also promise that I’ll be okay. Now, hyung please go home and take a rest. I know you’ve been looking for me and I’m sorry for that. Please hyung just take a rest. I will call you again later.” Jonghyun decided to end the call because he didn’t want to feel more guilty. He didn’t want to hear Jinki’s tired and worried voice and knew that he was the reason.

“Ok then. Please keep your promise Jjong and come back safely. If you need me just call me I’ll always be there for you, remember that. Don’t ever hesitate to ask help from me or Key,” replied Jinki. “Arrasseo hyung. Bye,” replied Jonghyun as he ended the call and let out another sigh.  ‘It’s not  and that I don’t want your help hyung, it’s just that I think I don’t deserve your help anymore. You have helped me a lot of time and I think I just make trouble for you. I’m sure bothered a lot of people, not only you but also Key, Leeteuk hyung, Jino and Kyuhyun hyung,’ thought Jonghyun. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked at the owner of the hand. Leeteuk gave him another reassuring smile that promised everything would become better and be okay. Jonghyun replied it with another smile but a strained one.

~

The whole time Jinki talked to the phone, Taemin was waiting patiently for him. At first, he didn’t know who was the caller, but judging from his hyung’s reaction he could guess who he was. The person on the other line was none other than Jonghyun, the person they have been looking for. Taemin didn’t try to interrupt the phone call or ask any question to Jinki hyung. He just stayed silent the whole time. When finally Jinki ended the phone call, he waited a moment before decided to talk.

“Hyung… It is Jonghyun hyung, isn’t it?” Jinki looked startled when he heard Taemin’s voice. Apparently, he had forgotten another person was present with him. He was absorbed by the phone call. Jinki just could nod for his answer. “Is he okay? Where is he? When will he come home?” Jinki smiled softly. Taemin’s reaction just like him but he didn’t really babble like what he did before. “He’s okay and he’ll come home tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. You don’t need to worry. Now let’s just go home. We don’t need to search anymore. You should go home first, I still have a couple calls to make.”replied Jinki with a reassuring smile. Taemin just replied with an okay. He gave a last glance to make sure that everything would be okay before saying goodbye and going home.

Jinki let out a sigh. ‘Jjong what’s really trouble you, huh? What is the thing that you can’t tell me?’ thought Jinki as he looked at his phone. Then he called another person who should know about this news. The person immediately answered the phone just after the first beep.

“Key, we don’t need to search anymore. Our searching has come to an end… I don’t know where he is but he is okay. Later on, I’ll tell you the detail. I’m tired. Bye for now,” He ended the phone call and walked to his home. Finally, he could get his rest and peaceful sleep after knowing that his precious person was safe. Now he just hoped that Jonghyun would come home soon and he would be able to meet him soon. He really missed him.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again guys~ Long time no see. Finally I updated. YEAY!!

Please leave a comment for my input so I could improve and thanks for  reading my story~

see you again.

Luv you all guys <3