Chapter Nine

Love For You

Haerin's Pov

Everything went smoothly for these past few days for I went for work during the day and spent my night  by watching some dramas till I slept.  I only had two weeks before my next semester started this meant  that my housemates would comeback next week. My schedule for the next semester was already out in Uni's website when I was checking the website in the office. I studied the timetable after I printed it out.

I printed two sets of it, one for me and the other one I would gave to Jinah Unnie so that she would know which day I would entered the office which day I wouldnt. It has been like this even before I started working, since I was only part-timer here, I needed to be in the office when I didnt have any lectures,tutorial classes and during my term holiday. I was about to walk to Jinah unnie's office when my phone's rang. 

Omma Calling

I knitted my brows at the moment I looked at the caller. Omma has  never called me during worktime unless there's something important. I slided my finger across my handphone's screen and immediately answered.

"Yobeosaeyo Omma"

"Uh, Haerin-ah, are you busy? Am I disturbing you?", Omma worriedly asked.

"Anni, I'm busy waeyo? Is there something you want to tell me?", I calmly said.

"Thats good to hear, anyway I want to tell you about your cousin's wedding in Singapore and Your appa wants you to book the tickets", Omma explained. Oh right!, My cousin's, Sunhwa, wedding will be held in Singapore, for her fiancee is Singaporean. Suddenly I felt sad because sunhwa is my closest cousin. Sunhwa is the same age as me, she worked with travel agencies soon after she finished her highschool. There she met her fiancee. Aigoo, Sunhwa is so lucky to have met her soulmate and get married early. While I was still here waiting for my prince to appear. It seems like i wouldnt get married till I reach 40. Life is so unfair!

"Haerin-ah! Are you still there?", Omma half shouting said on the other line made me snapped from my thought.

"Ne Omma. What did you say just now" I replied in my jumpy tone

" I said we'll stay for three days there. We'll arrive there two days before the wedding and go back the day after wedding. So your appa wants to book the tickets for that day and he wants you to join us. Your unnie will be coming also.", Omma elaboratedly spoke. Of course I'll be there, Its my closest cousin's wedding for Godsake, I silently protested.

"Arasso Omma I'll tell you once the tickets are confirm", I promised. We ended the talk and hung up.

After that, I swiftly walked to Jinnah Unnie's office. I knocked before entered, only to find Sanghoon oppa was sitting on the couch inside played with his handphone. I immediately greeted him.

"Annyeong oppa! It has been awhile I've seen you,when did you comeback?"

Sanghoon oppa looked up at me and warmly replied, "Annyeong Haerin-ah, I just came yesterday". I saw Sanghoon oppa was bothered by something but I just shrugged it off.

"Anyway, where is Unnie?", I straightly asked after I realised Unnie wasnt in the office. 

"She went to the washroom. Waeyo?".

"Oh~Nothing.. I just want to give her this", I smiled and politely showed him the paper. Sanghoon oppa furrowed his brows and interestedly asked,

"what's that haerin-ah?".

"Timetable! My lecture timetable..", I shortly responded and continued,"Maybe I should just place it on table so she would know". Sanghoon oppa seemed in a deep thought when I told him that. I just let him be and walked to the unnie's desk and placed the paper on the table. 

" I leave first oppa", I excused myself. I turned around and continued to walk to the door. Just before I grabbed the the door knob, I heard Sanghoon oppa called my name. I turned around and faced him questionly.

"Here little gift from Hong Kong for you", Sanghoon oppa said hesitantly while giving a basket full of chocolates with the teddy bear attached to it.

all-my-love-chocolate-gift-basket-with-t

 

I was taken aback because the gift was so beautiful. It looked like a gift you would give to your girlfriend for it has so many roses all over the basket. Sanghoon oppa has never bought me any present which I doubt if the present was really for me. No, Sanghoon opaa not interested in me because he has already a wife and kids waiting for him at home. Maybe he just showing his gratitude. Nevertheless, I took the basket courteously from his hands with alots of questions in my head. Sanghoon oppa was seemed hiding something from me. It was so strange!

"That's so kind of you oppa. Gomawo", I thanked him mannerly.

" Its okay, Its a part of my job Haerin-ah. If not,I might be fired", Sanghoon oppa blurted unconciously.

" Huh?",I raised my brows with his statement. Fired? Who's gonna be fired? Sanghoon oppa just laughed and rubbed the side of his neck nervously. Sanghoon oppa was acting weird today. Awkwardly, I once again excused myself and went out carrying the gift.

I placed the gift on my desk once I reached my cubicle. I stared at the gift for awhilesoon after I sat. I was still bothered by Sanghoon oppa's last statement. Enough Haerin-ah, Its just a gift!. I put the basket under my desk and started to continued my pending works.