Chapter Seventeen

Love For You

 

Haerin’s Pov

Once I reached the park, I directly looked for him. I walked around almost the entire park but still, he was nowhere to be found. Aigoo…where is he? I glanced at my wrist-watch I only five minutes late. I pulled out my phone from my bag and was about to dial his number when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder.

You’re late”, I smiled at his remarks when I turned around to face him.

Hi”, I greeted him but he just kept his face straight.

Didn’t you say you’ll wait? And I was looking for you just now, where were you?” I told him and walked away pretended to sulk.

Yah~Haerin-ah.. Come back here” I heard him called but I just continued my walk. I smiled when I heard his footsteps. Abruptly, he grabbed my arm that I almost stumbled and turned me around to face him again.

I’m sorry, I went to buy drinks for us”, he said showing two cans of soda with his both hands.

I’m sorry too for being late, you know traffic, it’s unavoidable”, I apologized.

So we’re deal now. Let’s go sit over there” he pointed at the nearest bench.

He handed the drink to me once we sat on the bench. There weren’t so many people in the park maybe because it was already late afternoon. But there were children could be seen playing at the playground in the park. The kids were so cheerful playing and chasing each other. Seeing how happy they were made me miss my childhood. I was so immersed watching the kids that I forgot the person sat next to me.

Do you like kids?” Jaejoong suddenly asked.

Do you want to be cursed by heaven? Children are the most innocent and pure human being in this world. Of course I like them. They are so cute, aren’t they?” I said still watching over the kids who were happily playing amongst themselves in front of us.

They can be a headache sometimes but they also can give us an ease feeling whenever we’re having a hard time”, I continued and Jaejoong just nodded in agreement. Then we continued to talk and he told me about his nieces and nephews. He also told me how his parents always bug him to find life partner for his parents is old already and they want to see him get married and have kids before they close their eyes.

Haerin-ah, what do you think about early marriage?” I was stunned by his question. I gazed at him before answer.

I don’t know.. but my mother will surely flip once she hear that I want to get married early”. The image of Omma holding broomstick angrily came into my mind.

Yahhh~~ Haerin-ah what do you think you’re doing? Don’t you think about your future??” I mimicked Omma’s raged voice if she knows that I’m going to marry early. Jaejoong burst out laughter while covering lower part of his face with his hand despite he was wearing a mask to disguise himself. For a moment, I was stunned by his action and my heart fluttered when I saw that but I tried to avert my gaze after that.

So you’re saying that you oppose the idea early marriage?” he asked again after calmed down. I frowned with the topic we’re discussing right now. As far as I know, we never so open about this topic before and when we talk about it, it’s kind of weird.

No.. It’s just I’m still young for that. There are a lot of thing I want to achieve before I get married. I want to finish my study and get suitable job after that also I want to send my parents for vacation to the place they always dream to go before I settle down”, I explained while he just listened.

What if there’s a guy who loves you with all his heart and you love him as well and he’s very understanding and supportive in whatever you do. If he asks you to marry him, what will you do?” he curiously asked me again.

Urmm… As much as I want to but like I said I still have long way to go. And if that guy loves me, he must be willing to wait for me” Jaejoong seemed in deep thought when I said that.

You can pursue your dream after you get married in fact you’ll become more determined in achieving your dream because you not only receive support from your family but your husband as well as your in-laws. Moreover if you have kids, you would be more enthusiastic”, he argued. I was stunned to hear that words coming from his mouth. Are we in debate or something??

Well, you’re right about that”, I stuttered still surprised by the fact he just mentioned. I saw his lips curved into winning smile like a lawyer who just won his case when I glance at him.

But nowadays a man like that is rarely to be found”, I suddenly said. He looked at me in question with sentence I just uttered.

It’s hard to find a man who’ll give his full support to his partner. Sometimes men are too ego for they want to be superior to his partner rather than superhero”, I explained. Jaejoong just silently digested my words in his mind.

H-have you ever been in relationship before?” Jaejoong carefully asked. I chuckled in response. Aigoo~ this guy is really unexpected!

What do you think?” I teased while nudging his elbow. Jaejoong frowned while looking at me. I wonder what’s in his mind.

I-I don’t know.. Well, have you?” he asked again and I just nodded my head while straightly looking into his eyes. I don’t know why but I saw hurt in his eyes.

How many times did..”

Why do you want to know?” I cut him off a bit annoyed actually. Why suddenly he wants to know about my love life? We fell into silent after that and abruptly I felt regret of what I just said to him just now for maybe he just want to know as a friend because I’ve read about him interested in other’s love life in the internet. I took a deep breath and looked at him.

Two”, I sighed before continue, “I’ve been in two relationship before. The first one when I was in middle school and the last one was I was in high school”.

As expected, Jaejoong started to ask how was my relationship doing, why did we break up, who break up with whom and so on and I honestly answered every question his asked. We talked like two girls best friends talk about their love story but the different is Jaejoong is a guy. It’s weird to me and a bit embarrassed to tell him because I never tell any of my past relationship except for Hana Unnie.

Since it was already late, we decide to leave the park. We dropped by the restaurant for dinner before Jaejoong drove me home.

I reached home around 10pm and it was unusually quiet, I only saw Hyewon was doing her assignment on her laptop in the living room when I entered. Hwaran and Miyeon maybe already sleep for we have lecture early tomorrow. I chatted for while with Hyewon before I excused myself to my room.

I prepared my things for tomorrow shortly after I took my shower. I was about to sleep when my phone rang.

Hello

Hello, I safely arrived”, I giggled when I heard that. It’s already become Jaejoong’s habit to call me just to inform that and I already used to it. At first I felt awkward when he did that to the point I once told him to just text me so he didn’t need to trouble himself to call me but he just ignored that so I just let him be.

You’re going to sleep already?

Hmmm…” I said too tired to utter any words right now.

Arasso, Sleep well and Goodnight, Sweet dream

Goodnight,Bye” with that we hung up and I drifted to dreamland soon after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another update, Enjoy~

thanks for reading and don't forget to leave your comment =D