Another long day

Predicted Accident

 

It's so cold...
"Taemin! Taemin, wake up!" someone was calling out desperately. Taemin? Isn't that supposed to be him? 
So so cold...
"Taemin!" the voice sounded even more urgently than before and he could feel something warm hit him. He felt his body move away from the impact and he could almost cry out in the immense pain incurred from the shift of his weight; yet all he could muster was a pathetic whimper. He tried to force his eyes open to look at whoever was calling out to him so brokenly but only ended up squeezing his lids even tighter together in order to bite down on the pain. He tried to take in a deep breath to distract himself but somehow he heard himself cough. He could taste the rusty copper in his mouth and breathing suddenly became near impossible; especially in his panicked state. He tried even harder to breathe but more and more of that copper tasting liquid filled his mouth and he ended up choking in attempt. 
 
"Oh my god!" Taemin could feel all the energy getting drained from him and even coughing out the substance that was preventing him from breathing took great efforts. "! Help! Someone! Please! Someone please help!" 
 
"Taemin, please hang on for a while more," that same voice pleaded. 'It hurts so much. I can't even feel my hands... Or my legs... all i can feel is pain... I'm sorry, hyung... I'm so sorry for making you worry...' he wanted to respond but only tears could fall out, his body in burning pain. He wanted to gasp for air but he couldn't even move an inch under that excruciating pain.  He could feel himself turning blue - either from the cold or from the lack of oxygen - but before he knew it, he lost all his senses and he drifted off into the silence. 
 
Air! He can feel the precious air filling his lungs and he took a huge gulp gratefully but that action make his chest blow up in pain. He gasp at the unexpected after effects and even though air was being forced into his body, he felt like he still couldn't breathe. Something was moving under him and every bump sent new excruciating pain through his entire body. Tears streamed off his cheeks unendingly, too weak to even scream. His remaining energy was channeled to his fingers, bringing them to loose fists. He slipped in and out of consciousness from the pain and when he finally stayed in one state long enough, he could not tell if he was dreaming or he was awake. 
 
He could hear a constant beeping and the every breath that he assumed was his, inhaled and exhaled loudly. The simple motion of opening his eyes that he once took for granted could no longer be accomplished. He could feel something louged in his chest that gave him an uncomfortable feeling. His body was aching with so much pain that it automatically shuttered. He tried to take in a deep breath to clear his thoughts but he couldn't even do that. It was like all the air was drawn away before he could even do anything and all that he received was a sharper pain on his chest. He started to panic realizing that he couldn't even accomplish such basic things. Everything hurt and his thoughts were distorted from the extreme pain that he couldn't even concentrate enough to remember what caused this pain. 
 
He could hear the beeping increase and that caused him to get a slight headache. Stop making noise... Shut up! You're not helping! He was having an internal battle with himself, his panic-stricken shallow breaths quickened into breathless pants but the beeping just continued to increase it's frequency. Something zapped him in his chest, smearing a shock that spread like wildfire. He gasped breathlessly and his eyes finally shot open. He could feel his body shaking and tried to arch his back to ease the pain but that action just brought about new pain. Someone was standing over him with his mouth moving, shouting orders; but Taemin couldn't hear a thing - he was too busy trying to squirm what little he could to ease that scorching pain.  
 
Something cold held his hand down and a sharp object poked into him. Almost immediately, a cool wave spread through the burning spots, smothering the fire. He slid his eyes close gradually even though he hadn't had the time to see much other than whiteness, but he didn't mind - at least the pain was gone. 
 
 

 

Onew laid in Jonghyun's bed for what was left of the night. He failed to get the notebook back from the younger who even threatened to tear it all up. Truth to be told, he was exhausted. Not only did he not had much sleep the night before, all the crying was making him even more tired. Yet, the constant throbbing of his wounds kept him awake all night. When his alarm finally rang, he blinked his eyes open, uncertain if he even caught a wink of sleep. He lazed in bed for a moment more before he sighed and pulled himself upright, wincing at the stinging pain his chest brought. He had to wake the other members - they still do not know about the press conference - if they wanted to be on time, they'll definitely need to get up soon. Onew grabbed the crutches that he leaned just beside the bed and hopped up on his good leg. He pulled his eyes shut, gradually getting used to the burning sensation that rushed though his shin. 
 
Leaning heavily on those 2 metallic sticks, he limped slowly to Key's room, opening the door without knocking. He went up to the bed where Key curled up on his side, fast asleep with a frown fixed on his usually smooth features. Onew knocked his crutch against the bed frame until Key started to stir and mumble incoherent words. 
 
"Wash up and have some breakfast, we have a schedule in 2 hours and we still have to drop by the makeup studio." Key rubbed his eyes sleepily, dark eye rings evident under his bloodshot eyes. "Do something about your eyes, okay? They're swollen pretty badly." Key grunted in response. Onew wondered if his eyes looked just as puffy from the late night crying; it certainly felt sore and a little swollen. 
 
He headed for Minho's room, giving Jonghyun a few more minutes to snooze since the other was also up late the night before. He walked into the room and saw the younger asleep in an uncomfortable position with the laptop still resting on a pillow on top of his long legs. Onew carefully sat on the edge of the bed pulling off the laptop and reached over to put it on the nearby table. By accident, his fingers brushed across the touchpad and the screen lit up showing the tinted end of a video. His hands stopped despite the sting his braced wrist brought from the weight of the laptop. Onew brought the laptop back onto his lap and played the video. 
 
"Most influential maknae, 1st place, SHINee Taemin! When he does an aegeo... Woochuchuchuchu; When he fail to remember his lines... Woochuchuchuchu. Even his own members can't resist his cuteness... When he says something, I just go 'Oh really?', as if I was talking to a baby," Key's shy chuckles followed his adorable confession. "No one can help but love him because he is so cute, but the maknae doesn't think so," the MC continued to narrate. " Treated as a dongseang by the maknae even though he is the eldest, bestfriend leader Onew hyung; his personal mode of transport, airplane Minho hyung; available for ridiculous requests no matter what they are, Jonghyunnie hyung. Among the rest, the one that Taeminnie loves the most, the umma Key!" The screen showed Taemin shoving Key off the camera as he took the attention with his random dancing. Onew couldn't help but let out a bitter chuckle just before the screen slammed shut. Minho hurriedly placed the laptop away. 
 
"Why are you here?" Minho asked with a tone of annoyance. 
 
"Ah! Go wash up and get ready, we have a schedule later. And... Sorry for touching your stuff without asking," Onew apologized timidly. He gritted his teeth together as he stood up, the gravity tugging against the cast around his injured leg. Key burst into the room with eye masks over his eye bags. 
 
"Hyung!" Key plastered another pair of eye masks under Onew's eyes. Onew stared at the perky, bouncing diva, stunned by the younger's actions. He blinked in confusion for a moment until he saw that Key's eyes was still missing their usual sparkle. 
 
"Jonghyun will think I'm a ghost if I wake him up like this," Onew joked as he touched the soft moist fabric under his eyes. 
 
"It's okay, he'll wake up quicker that way." Key chuckled but his laughter was strained - fake and forced. Onew just smiled tightly at his efforts. "I'll go call him up for you." 
 
"It's okay, he's in my room. I need to go there to get my clothes too. Thanks anyway," Onew pat the younger's head lightly. He thanked Key not for the mask nor for offering to help call Jonghyun up, but for the efforts of staying strong; for trying to keep up an upbeat character; for trying to bring the mood up. It took him awhile to drag himself back to his own room, multiple thoughts clouding his mind. Unconsciously, he found himself frowning as he stared into the room. 
 
"Jonghyun!" he scolded. The younger stirred slightly with a groan. "Why are you sleeping on the desk?!" Onew reached over to massage Jonghyun's shoulders which the younger groaned from again. 
 
"What are you doing? Is the bed for display? Does it hurt a lot?" Onew asked worriedly but Jonghyun just smiled back sheepishly. 
 
"I finished it for you, hyung!" Jonghyun claimed pridefully, wincing once again when the leader pushed against a sore spot. 
 
"And what the hell is that on your face?" Jonghyun asked as he picked up the same notebook that Onew used just hours ago, revealing new scribbling and rough doodles of their formations. Onew frowned even deeper as he analysed what Jonghyun wrote. He starts off the dance; Key goes there; Minho takes that line; Key takes the next line; Jonghyun replaces the center role here; Key subs in as center over there... Everything fitted perfectly. 
 
"Jonghyun..." Onew dragged out the word with a sigh. "This... Weren't you supposed to sleep?" Onew interrogated, slightly annoyed. It wasn't even Jonghyun's fault but he didn't like pushing his duties to others; it made him feel irresponsible. 
 
"You know, you can just thank me and be grateful about it," Jonghyun pointed out, staring disappointedly into the leader's eyes. It was Onew who broke off the stare as he faced off to the side and closed his eyes. Finally, he let out a defeated sigh. "You're right. Thank you for your help. But your injuries... You should still have slept right - in the bed. It's hurting isn't it?" Onew pressed his thumb against the nape of the younger's neck, earning an instant hiss. 
 
"I'm sorry," Onew sighed again. "I'll get you one of those pain relief plasters - hopefully they would help..." Onew thought aloud. 
 
"It's just in the first aid kit, I'll get it myself... How much time do we have?" Jonghyun asked realizing Onew's reasons for waking him up.
 
"We're leaving immediately after you wash up and have breakfast. We have to go to the makeup studio and then to town where the conference will be held." Onew limped to his closet, pulling out a random shirt and bottom since the professionals will get him to change into newly selected clothes anyway. "We only have 2 hours before we have to reach there so we need to leave as soon as possible." Jonghyun grunted in understanding after failing to nod. 
 
"Hyung! Can you come over here?" Minho's voice called out from outside the room in a panicky tone. Without a second thought, Jonghyun rushed out the room and Onew forced himself to move faster, his injured hand straining under his weight. 
 
"What's wrong? Why is he crying?" Jonghyun's voice matched the panicked tone as he joined Minho on the ground in the dining room. "Key! Are you hurting? Please, just take your painkillers if its hurting that badly!" Jonghyun pleaded but Key just shook his head violently. Onew was growing frantic at the scene that unfolded before him, feeling the same helplessness he felt the day before, until he caught sight of what made Key break down again - the breakfast laid out on the table; 5 plates neatly laid out with food. 
 
Onew cursed himself internally for forgetting to inform the ahjumma that cooks for them. 
Gosh, this is going to be another long day, he thought in frustration. 
 

I have not had the chance to run this through Microsoft word so there might be a few mistakes here and there, also considering that I typed everything out through my phone so please forgive me. I don't really have access to my computer at the moment because I'm out of the country so I'll check for mistakes when I'm back. I tried to view the english subbed video of the weekly idol that I refered to, but it was taken down so i had to translate it just roughly from my memory of the video and what little my chinese could help, so I'm sorry if I made some mistakes. Well, my first post of 2013! Happy new year everyone!