Major Chaos

Predicted Accident

 

A moment of stillness surrounded the air in the vehicle. The other members were utterly confused and frightened of what had just occurred. All they could hear was the painful cries of their maknae and the shattering of glass; feel the turning as if it were a roller coaster ride and see the blackness their hoods showed. They were all tempted to pull down their hoods to see, but terrified at the same time. There was something hitting the coat a million times but not hurting them much. The little pitter patter sound that was made as something hit their soft padded coats and there was also the violent tugging of the seatbelts that dug into their chest, leaving them aching and gasping. 

Onew was the first to move. With shaking hands, he removed the hood that was shoved in his face, sending bits of glass dropping onto the rest of the coat. He must have sprained his wrist while trying to regain his balance in the tumbling vehicle, since it was stinging with pain. His leg screamed angrily at him, buried under Key’s seat that managed to lose its mechanism during the chaos and ended up slamming back against Onew’s shin. He surveyed the area of a disaster, taking in what happened with widened eyes while slowly trying to make little circles with his hand. All the tinted tempered glass was smashed, the vehicle leaning on its side, and his maknae just lying limply beside him.

"Taemin! Taemin wake up!" He croaked out, reaching out his hand to touch the younger boy. Onew’s voice was weak over his aching chest. Taemin looked horrid. He was broken all over and blood covered his face and body. There was broken glass impaled in his arms, legs and chest; and although Onew couldn't see, he was certain the back that was pressed against the road definitely had more.

"Taemin!" He tried again; slapping the younger's face lightly. Taemin groaned weakly in response and without opening his eyes, he let out a wet cough, spurting blood out of his mouth. He gagged and coughed even more, turning on his side as he tried to force out more coughs. He was choking on his own coughs due to the blood and couldn't stop himself from coughing out more, even though it hurt his entire body which shook with every gasp for air.

"Oh my god!" Onew cried in exclamation. "! Help! Someone! Please! Someone please help!" He cried out in a shaky voice, his hand wavering over the broken body. "Taemin, please hang on for a while more." Onew's tears fell as he watched his words fall on closed ears. The boy was already unconscious.

"Urg..." Key groaned, uncovering himself from his hood. Minho and Jonghyun were starting to stir as well.

"Key... Minho... Taemin, he... He..." Onew sobbed helplessly as the other members took in the situation. He could already hear the soft sound of sirens drawing near from afar. Key's eyes widened at the sight of the broken body that lay in a puddle of blood.

"Tae baby..." He muttered shakily. "Taemin, you wake up this minute." Key cried in his motherly nagging tone. "I know it hurts but please baby, please wake up." He pleaded. Minho was straining over his seat but couldn't get a good glimpse at the younger boy in his position, but he knew that the fact that Taemin wasn't in his original seat was bad enough of news.

"What's going on?" Jonghyun groaned from the front seat, holding his hand against his head, blood running down his chin.

"Jjong, you're bleeding!" Key cried out as the door slid open on Minho's side.

"Is everyone ok?" The stranger asked. “We have to turn the van upright, can all of you hold on tight for a little while more?”

"No. Taemin. He’s unconscious... and the blood... Please... Please help him," Onew pleaded. The rescue member looked at Onew, and then at the unmoving figure below him.

“You hold on to him and try not to shift him too much. We will get to him as soon as we can.” The rescuer commanded. Onew gently reached for the boy, picking him up and hissing at the protest of his own body. The blood flowed onto his arms and he sobbed even harder. He could hardly feel the little choppy breaths that escaped the fragile body. He leaned Taemin’s head gently on his arm while hugging the tiny waist. The large puddle of crimson red was making him feel faint, how could a small figure even shed so much blood? Finally, he gave the rescue member a nod and he watched as the head disappeared from sight. The van rocked from left to right, gaining a good momentum before finally landing uptight with a loud thud. Onew gritted his teeth against the pain that shot up from his leg and tightened his grip on Taemin, careful not to hurt him any more than he already was.

Almost immediately, the rescue team started to flood into the vehicle. The manager and Jonghyun were pulled out the front door and the two sides of the door at the back opened as well. With shaking arms, Onew lifted the small frame in his hands. “You’re going to be alright. It’s going to be ok,” He muttered to the unconscious figure, trying more to convince himself than anyone else. He handed Taemin over to a rescue member who took him over with strong, firm arms while another paramedic quickly put a mask over his bloody nose and mouth, manually pumping air into the boy. “That’s right, they are going to help you, Taemin. There is no need to be scared,” Onew continued to whisper to himself.

The rescuers then pulled the Key and Minho out of the car and guided them towards the ambulance. Other than the injuries that the seatbelt caused, they were relatively unharmed. The rescue team tried to shift Key’s seat forwards slightly to get Onew out as well but the leg that was crushed under the seat jammed it as Onew cried out in agony at the pain that the tugging brought. Despite the cold weather, he was quickly drenched in sweat as the rescuers tried to pry him out of the metal. Finally, someone brought in a cutter to cut the metal with a loud blaring noise. When the seat was eventually lifted, it revealed a blood drenched leg as he moaned in pain. 2 rescue members took his either side and lifted him up carefully. Digging his fingers into their shoulders in pain, he leaned heavily as he hopped slowly with his good leg out of the vehicle.

Onew took in the scene before him. There were cars stopped everywhere and fangirls crying and huddling together as they watch on, in the middle of the highway. He looked back at their van, or what remained of it. All the windows were smashed, the doors were dented and the front of the van was smashed inwards. He saw another black car with it’s bunker smashed against the grills that bordered the highway. There was only one ambulance left, which he arrived at.

“What about the other members? The manager? The other car? Is everyone ok?” He asked the paramedic urgently as he was laid down on a temporary bed. They should go before him, his injuries could wait.

“They were already sent to the hospital before you,” Onew heaved a sigh a relief and spend a mental prayer that everyone would be fine.