Cold Harsh Winter and Fangirls

Predicted Accident

 

 

Taemin stared blankly out the window. The day had just begun and the team was heading towards their first schedule after visiting the salon to do up their hair, and get their makeup put on by the professionals. The day was still fresh, as were the members who fooled around in the vehicle. Key was practically bouncing all over the place, singing a duet with Jonghyun. Taemin would join in a few verses as and when he felt like it. Minho managed to get some food and was indulging them all by himself. He never gets fat or bloated, plus he works out regularly, so the manager never had any complains of him eating too much. Onew had a late night schedule the night before, probably going back to the dorms only at 5 in the morning. Only he had his head pressed against the cold window, fast asleep despite the racket the other members were making. Taemin leaned his head against the cold glass as well, he wasn't particularly tired since the day just started, so he just watched the cars go by. 
 

The fans were waving out their own vehicle, even the driver was waving. Where is she looking?! She was not looking ahead of her but at our vehicle. She hit an icy portion of the road, sending her car skidding across the road. She couldn't control the car, especially not with one hand. Her car turned towards our own van and the manager instinctively turned away from it in attempt to avoid an accident. Instead, he hit the curb as he turned causing the van to overturn.

 

The inside of the van was a chaos. No one at the back was wearing any seatbelts. Who wears seatbelts when seated at the back anyway? Only the manager and Jonghyun who sat in front had their seatbelts fastened. Minho slammed against his side with a groan as the car swerved to avoid the other vehicle. Key was barely holding on to his seat and screaming at the top of his lungs. Onew was jolted awake as he crashed against me, skidding across the seats. And when the vehicle started to overturn, Key flew away from his seat, landing harshly against the door on Minho's side with a painful cry. Jonghyun knocked his head against the window at the impact. As the van finally landed on its side, the glass shattered sent bits and pieces against everyone's skin. It didn't stop there. The van continued to tumble as it flipped over on its top, sending all 4 of us to hit the roof. As if it were not enough, it tossed again, forcing everyone on to the other side.

 

There were screams and cries everywhere. Groans and moans. Some could be mine but I wouldn't know. I fell against Onew's chest, winding him as I heard a few cracks but he wasn’t even crying out in pain anymore. The glass below us was cutting into our skin painfully and blood was everywhere. Key was not even conscious as Minho tried to slap him awake. Jonghyun had blood running down his temple and the windscreen that shattered had cut his features in many ways. Still, he looked relatively better than any of us at the back.


Taemin's eyes flew open, panting slightly at the horrible nightmare. The members were still singing same song so he couldn't have slept for too long.

'Just a dream. Just a dream,' he tried to calm himself down and even out his breathing, until a certain vehicle outside the window caught his eye. It was the same black car that had been in his dream. He could see through their window and he was almost certain that they were the same fans that appeared in the nightmare. He gasped in horror, unsure if what he saw was a prediction. He was almost going to let it go when their window started rolling down despite the cold winter.

"Put on your seatbelts!" He screamed. They were driving at high speed in the middle of the highway, he couldn’t well tell the manager to stop the vehicle or the car behind would smash into them and cause an accident anyway. Still, the manager started to slow down, becoming more alert than usual. The singing stopped immediately and Key looked at him quizzically. Minho was confused but decided that there was no harm in doing so. "Wear your jackets and cover your face with the hood!" He ordered again, at least the padded winter coats could have a chance of protecting them from the shattering glass. Key was complying now, but was shooting questions that Taemin was too busy to listen to. Key stared at his hood wondering what kind of joke Taemin could be up to, but Taemin wasn’t very good at lying and he looked too panicky to be joking, so he just put up the hood as Taemin had told them to. Taemin took a glance at the still sleeping leader and hurriedly pulled the belt down with a click. He grabbed the jacket and pulled Onew's arm through, and the leader finally woke up.

"Taemin?" He asked sleepily as Taemin pulled his other arm through the coat. Taemin pushed the hood up into the leader's face before falling back into his seat quickly.

"Don't take it off," he ordered the leader without another explanation. He pulled his own seatbelt across his chest but it was too late.

The van skidded to the side and Taemin found his face slammed against the freezing window, his entire body pressing against the frame of the vehicle. Then it started to tilt. As quickly as he could in that strained position, he turned over on his back to avoid getting the cuts into his eye. He cover his palms over his face and took in a deep breath before the vehicle finally took its first landing. Taemin felt the shattered glass dig into his back and he heard a loud cry of pain that sounded oddly like his own voice as he bounced off the impact, landing against the broken glass again. Although he knew what was going to happen next, he was still taken by surprise as the vehicle did its second flip. There was a faraway cry of his name along with other screams and groans but Taemin couldn't concentrate. His wounded back smashed against the top of the van, forcing all his breath out of his body. He could see a blurry image of his hyungs upside down, but at least they had listened to him and kept their hoods up. Taemin tried coughing to regain some of his air but something seemed to have caught in his throat. With a final tilt, he used the last of his energy to grab the headrest, hugging it with both his arms. Onew's head was against his chest as he restricted the leader's movements. The van finally rocked to its finale, as the last of the glass in the vehicle broke in its impact. Onew’s head flung towards the side but Taemin’s arm stopped it from hitting the frame of the vehicle. Taemin’s hip flew against the breaking window, mercilessly hitting the cold hard ground beneath it with a crack. He heard the agonizing cry again, but it seemed even further away now. He slowly released his arms around the warmth of his leader and slumped down to the ground.