NOTE TO SELF: Leave the cutting up of rats to Kris

Superiority Complex

 

Stupid Biology.
 
I gasp as frozen rats are brought out unceremoniously on metallic trays.
 
I really don't like cutting up rats.
 
But the one thing that is worse than cutting up rats is cutting up rats with a tall blonde someone as a lab partner.
 
Stupid Kris and his stupid face.
 
“Why must my life be like this?” I grumble to myself.
 
“Who are you talking to, are you schizophrenic or something?” Kris asks with a y smirk.
 
“Now, the rats are still alive, remember. The aim is to dissect the rats in such a way that you don’t kill them,” Jonghyun explains.
 
Jonghyun's the biology teacher, and I'm quite convinced he's a dinosaur hellbent on ruining my life.
 
Either that or he had a cactus permanently lodged up his backside.
 
“Well, are you going to make the first incision?” Kris asks.
 
I shake my head.
 
I don't usually pass out easily, but dissecting things? That's an entirely different ball game.
 
“How about you do it,” I suggest in a whisper.
 
Kris glares.
 
“You expect me to get my hands dirty?" he exclaims, admiring his long and perfectly rounded fingernails.
 
What a dickhead.
 
But still, an oh so attractive dickhead.
 
No. Bad, Zitao. Don't think that about him, of all people.
 
it.
 
My eyes explore the handout to see what we're supposed to do, fighting back nausea.
 
This is excruciating.
 
I pick up the scalpel and try to steady my hand.
 
This is not going to end well.
 
I stick the scalpel into the rat’s stomach and make a small incision. 
 
Much to Kris’ amusement, blood splatters everywhere.
 
Obviously, I'd had cut into a vein or artery of some sort.
 
“Nerd, what did you do?”
 
My brain can't really compute what Kris had offered verbally. 
 
I'm going to pass out.
 
Oh God...
 
My head feels really heavy.
 
I don't like blood.
 
I have a weak stomach.
 
Which is ironic because I'm supposedly now the ‘wushu master’ of the school.
 
Stupid me.
 
“Nerd?”
 
It takes about three seconds.
 
Three seconds for my blood covered arms to splay out all over Kris, my eyes glossing over.
 
Three seconds till I'm completely out of it.
 
--
 
“Ah, Kris. Take Zitao to the nurse and get him sorted out.” Jonghyun grumbles.
 
I groan, as if its a huge inconvenience on my part, but I'm secretly relishing every second of it.
 
I'm strong enough to drag Tao all the way across the school.
 
Why was the nurse’s office so far from the science labs?
 
I silently thank whichever God is smiling on me for my alone time with Tao.
 
Even though Zitao was unconscious.
 
Cute little panda.
 
Cute little panda that didn’t like cutting up live animals.
 
I want to his face but I decide against it. 
 
Now is not the time.
 
--
 
“What happened?” I ask no one in particular after my eyes flutter back open.
 
I soon realise I'm on the sick bed, pale.
 
The dark rings around my eyes are so painfully prominent.
 
“Oh. Hi Kris.”
 
Well, this is sufficiently awkward.
 
“You passed out on me.” Kris points out, checking his hair in the window.
 
“That means you owe me.”
 
Asdfghjjkl.
 
“What?”
 
“Also, you got rats blood and basically gross stuff on my white shirt,” Kris continued, ticking off all of my fails for the lesson on his fingers.
 
“You’re going to buy me a new shirt, and you’ll be doing my biology homework for a week. Got it?”
 
Before I can complain, Kris leaves the nurse’s room.
 
Dickhead.
 
Tall, attractive dickhead.
 
Stupid hormones. 
 
Stupid puberty.
 
Why did Kris go through puberty so well?
 
I'm just like a devil. A devil that wants a tall blonde bombshell in his bed.
 
No, Zitao. Stop it.
 
I knock on Kris’ dorm door about three hours later. The door is opened and a pile of homework was in my face.
 
By Luhan.
 
So apparently Kris doesn't even have the time to hand me his homework in person.
 
“Have fun.”
 
The door is abruptly shut.
 
Well this is just brilliant.
 
“Stupid Kris.”