Kris

Superiority Complex

 

"You missed your chance, dude," Kai tells me as he sits on the end of my bed, one of the only times recently he hasn't spent with Kyungsoo.
 
"Yeah, you ed up," Baekhyun tells me.
 
"But wait, where's Luhan?"
 
I shrug, too tired and upset to care.
 
"Oh, I moved into Kyungsoo's room and Sehun moved out. Luhan's swapping with you, didn't he tell you? That way Sehun and he can bunk together."
 
Baekhyun nods.
 
"You better not snore, Kris," he wiggles an eyebrow at me.
 
Only seconds later he's pouting at my lack of reaction.
 
I didn't think this type of thing was allowed, but I realise I kicked Tao out of my room first.
 
Worst decision of my life.
 
Why couldn't I just be civil with him?
 
But then I remember I'm a dickhead.
 
"So, you think Tao and Lay will last?" Baekhyun asks.
 
Kai shrugs.
 
"Personally I'm rooting for Kris on this one," he announces to the room.
 
"Tao still likes you."
 
I gasp and slap Kai.
 
"How? What? He still likes me?" I splutter.
 
Kai shrugs.
 
"Yeah, last time I checked. But he's been getting very close to Lay. And I mean very. They sleep together."
 
I choke on my saliva and almost fall off my bed.
 
"What?"
 
"God Kris, not like that. Apparently sleeping on the floor is too cold for Lay."
 
Baekhyun laughs.
 
"He's really girly, that Lay. I didn't think Tao would go for someone like that."
 
"Neither."
 
I give Kai a glance. 
 
"What do you mean?"
 
Kai looks me up and down and cracks up.
 
"Lay seems the submissive type. I was sure Tao was a bottom..."
 
I really do fall off the bed this time, and Baekhyun breaks into a fit of insane giggles.
 
"What?"
 
"I'm a top. Sehun's a top. It's friggin' obvious, Kris. Tao... He's a bottom for sure. I just know these things."
 
I'm about to question him, though admittedly sometimes things are best left unexplained.
 
"But you said he likes me? Why's he going out with Lay?" I ask.
 
"Well, Lay's only ever been nice to him. Just you watch. Tao's a hopeless romantic, that's why he likes him!" Baekhyun's eyes are all starry.
 
"Yeah, but he goes for the bad boy type! I'm sure of it!" Kai shrieks.
 
"What are you talking about?"
 
Before my question can be answered, however, the door room is open.
 
"Oh, hey Lay!" Kai greets.
 
"Hi... Um... Can I talk to Kris, just by ourselves for a minute?" 
 
Lay is ridiculously polite, and I'm completely jealous of him.
 
He's perfect with first impressions, being nice to people, everything.
 
He even looks kind.
 
Baekhyun and Kai clear out of the room, and Lay makes his way slowly across the room.
 
He sits right next to me.
 
"I was just wondering... About you and Tao..."
 
I shrug.
 
"Why don't you ask him? He is your boyfriend, after all!" I respond curtly.
 
Lay shakes his head.
 
"I've seen his diary, Kris. He keeps it under his pillow. I want to know why. Why and what did he do to deserve it?"
 
I look Lay dead in the eyes, already thinking up a retort.
 
But his eyes...
 
"I don't know..."
 
"You like Tao, don't you?"
 
I gasp.
 
This appears to be all the evidence Lay needs.
 
"Kris. I know Tao and I read situations pretty well. I have a feeling he still likes you."
 
I scowl at him.
 
"So why'd you ask him out?" I growl threateningly.
 
"If you knew, why?"
 
Lay smiles menacingly. 
 
It's not a good look on his usually relaxed face.
 
"Because I like him," he says simply.
 
"Because I like him, and even if he likes you, I'm going to fight to make him mine."
 
I do the only thing that seems logical at the time.
 
I punch Lay in the jaw.