Final

Superiority Complex

 

“Tao!”

I open the door, immediately regretting the insanely uncomfortable glomp I get from Baekhyun and seriously awkward grin I get from Chanyeol.

“It’s great to see you again!” Baekhyun coos, running into the house.

“I saw you yesterday,” I remind him.

Me and Baekhyun had gone to the nearest shopping centre, he dragging me through every single novelty shop possible for a Christmas present for one awkward Park Chanyeol.

“Hi,” Chen waves, dragging Xiumin along behind him.

“Hi,” I respond with a wave.

“Baby Tao Tao,” Kai says, sauntering in.

“Oh, hey Kris. I brought a lot of cooking, where should I put it?” he asks, walking in like it’s no one’s business.

“Kitchen bench,” Kris responds.

“I did all the cooking,” Kyungsoo complains. I give him a knowing smile.

Christmas parties have always been like this, ever since the first we held five years ago. Now everyone’s graduated, everyone’s in either university or the workforce already, and everyone’s moved in with each other.




Including Kris and I.





Kris and I had returned to Korea once things had settled down at home. Kris hadn’t brought many clothes along with him, but my mum was quick to spend the amount of a small house to accommodate him.




My parents love him.


I love him.




It took about four months for Kris and I to save up enough for a small apartment block in Seoul, and we happen to be next door neighbours with Sehun and Luhan, which is really no fun when they’re always busy being the rampant addicts that they are. The walls are paper thin.

“Tao!” Luhan screeches, running into me, arms outstretched. It’s like he hasn’t seen me in weeks, though we pass each other in hall at least four times a day. Sehun walks in behind him, his usual blank expression on his face.

“Is everyone here yet?” he asks.

“Just waiting for Suho and Lay,” I respond. They might be a while, seeing as they’ll have just gotten into Incheon Airport. Lay had to move back to China after exams, and Suho was quick to join him, both attending a music and arts college together.

“Hey!” Suho calls up the staircase. Lay runs up behind him, panting, all of their bags in his arms.

“You could have used the lift,” I tell him pointedly, taking a few bags from his arms.

“There was an out of order sign!” Lay complains, giving me a hug. I lead Suho and Lay down the hallway, pointing out a door to them.

“You guys can stay here; it’s a spare room. There’s only one bed, but I’m sure it won’t be a problem.”

Suho chuckles, wrapping an arm over Lay’s shoulder.

“It won’t be.”

Suho acts twenty years older than he actually is. He has reading glasses sitting on the end of his nose, and he’s got the newspaper in his hand.

“Thanks Tao, the old Grandpa here and I can handle it!” Lay tells me in excitement.

“Where’s everyone else?”

“In the kitchen I think,” I respond, leading them back down the hallway.

“Who’s cooking?” Suho asks.

“Kyungsoo’s cooking!” Kai yells, sitting on one of the chairs that line the kitchen bench.

“Hey guys!”

The kitchen’s pokey, and it’s hard for all twelve of us to sit inside at the one time. Kyungsoo and Kris occupy the kitchen, and I laugh as Kris follows Kyungsoo around like a lost puppy, attempting to help as best he can, but failing and getting in the way.

It’s always been like this. Kyungsoo brings over the leftovers of whatever he’s cooked for the week for Kai in Tupperware containers. Kris tries to learn the recipes because he wants to impress me, but he always ends up failing.

Kyungsoo places a large bowl of kimchi in the centre of the bench, and hands out chopsticks for everyone. He reaches into the fridge, grabs out an assortment of things he’d left in there the day before, lining them up.

He pulls some small containers out of the microwave and empties the contents into small bowls, walking over to the rice cooker and scooping out rice into twelve bowls.

“Here we go!” he announces with a smile.

“Dig in, everyone!”

Kai gives his boyfriend a peck on the lips and grabs a bowl, running into our living room.




Like the kitchen, it's a tiny room. There’s only room for two lounge chairs, each only able to seat three people. I take a spot next to Kris and Kai, Suho and Lay take up another, and the others sit on bean bags or the floor.

We eat our meal, catching up and talking over each other as we do so. We may be a noisy bunch, but our loudness only adds to the atmosphere.

“Hey look everyone, it’s snowing!” Chanyeol shouts, pointing to the window.

“So it is!” Baekhyun says happily.

“Let’s have a snowball fight later!” Chanyeol exclaims.

“Ew, no!” Luhan complains.

“Why not?” Chanyeol pouts.

“It’s cold outside, and it’s snow!” Luhan throws his hands up in the air.

“You’re such a diva!” Baekhyun screams at him.

“No I’m not! I’m the manliest here, aren't I Sehun!?”

Sehun wiggles an eyebrow at me, turning to face his boyfriend.

“Whatever you say, Lu Lu babe.” He nuzzles into Luhan’s chest.

“Not on my couch, you two!” Kris asserts, snapping his fingers at them. Everyone breaks into fits of laughter as Luhan and Sehun blush wildly.

“Hey, remember that time Tao broke the TV?” Chanyeol snorts loudly and unattractively. Baekhyun claps his hands together and gives me a smirk. I scowl, leaning closer to Kris.

“I remember that,” Chen laughs.

“Tao’s got one massive !” Xiumin agrees.

“His is mine!” Kris exclaims, wrapping a possessive arm around me.




It was a Christmas dinner, perhaps two years ago? I can’t remember exactly, but it was terribly embarrassing.

Everyone was squatting around a tiny coffee table at Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s place, seeing as it was their turn to host for the year. Even with Chanyeol’s ridiculous height, they still bought an apartment with a low ceiling that reminded me of a caveman homestead chopped into rock.

Not Chanyeol material.

The space was practically filled. Everyone was sitting, everyone besides me. Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s tiny TV occupied a small area on a large television unit, a tiny little thing compared to the piles of video games that Chanyeol had piled up around it.

I went to sit down, but as everyone knows, I’m spatially challenged. My hit the screen, pushing the whole thing backwards. And then the screen shattered and I had to get rushed to hospital, the nurse pulling fragments of glass out of my as Kris held my hand.

And I needed stitches and couldn’t get busy with Kris in bed for the next three weeks. God, that was painful.

It was also painful for my pockets, seeing as I had to buy Chanyeol and Baekhyun a new TV, and of course they wanted the most expensive one out there. Of course!




“That’s not the worst Tao did!” Chen says, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“Remember the time he got attacked by a moth?”

“Yes,” Suho remarks, a smile on his face.

“That’s why we never have candles out anymore.”




Perhaps even worst than the last. That one Christmas dinner at Luhan and Sehun’s when I almost burnt the whole place down. Fun times.




“That was the funniest of all!” Chanyeol agrees.

“That massive moth that flew into Tao’s face, and then when Tao knocked over the candle and set the whole tablecloth on fire!” Chanyeol snorts.

“Hey, we almost lost our whole apartment block!” Sehun shrieks.

“Good thing we had that fire extinguisher installed, right Sehun?” Luhan says with a smile. Sehun rolls his eyes.

“Yeah, after you set the curtains alight with that bloody hair straightener.”

Luhan pouts, and Sehun immediately squirms closer than him. Chen pretends to barf at their display of affection, and everyone laughs again.




A few hours later, I’m wiping down the kitchen bench with a tablecloth, and Kris is stacking dishes in our small dishwasher. He brushes his fingers against my face and I giggle stupidly, despite myself.

Lay and Suho have already retired to bed, but I can’t understand how they can possibly sleep through the grunts and moans that fill this floor of the apartment.

Sehun and Luhan are at it again.

“Those two need to calm down,” Kris whispers into my ear, and I shiver.

“I know, they’re so noisy.” I complain. Kris chuckles, nibbling on my ear.

“Almost done cleaning?” Kris asks, pulling me into a hug, his hands snaking around my front.

“Why?” I ask slyly.

“I have some night time activities in mind,” he whispers.

“Ew Kris!” I punch him playfully on the arm, continuing my job.

“Lay and Suho are here, what if they hear us?”

Kris snorts.

“If they can’t hear Sehun and Luhan, then they definitely won’t hear you and me.”

“What if they can hear but they’re just too polite?” I ask. Kris raises an eyebrow and sighs in defeat.

“Fine,” he breathes, obviously disappointed. I give him a small smile.

“We’ve got our whole lives ahead of us for that,” I remind him. Kris kisses me on the neck, pulling me out of the kitchen.

“Of course we do, Tao Tao. My sweet little panda!”

I press our bodies together, falling onto the couch.

“How many times have I told you not to call me that, Cowboy?”

Kris growls, nibbling playfully on my ear. I moan a little, wanting more, but I push him off of me, grabbing my laptop from the floor.

“Come on, we need to Skype your mother, remember? We don’t want a repeat of last year, do we? She misses you, Kris! Her being all the way in Canada and so far away must be hard on you both.” Kris gives me a small smile.

“I’ll take you there one day,” Kris whispers.

"To Canada."

I nod. I hear this every single year.

“I’ll show you where I spent some of my childhood. I’d like it if I could. One day.” Kris repeats.

“We’ve got all the time in the world…”

 

 

 


ERMAHGERD IT'S OVER! ;A; *le cries*

Thanks so much to all of you for subscribing! I was really blown away by how many of you enjoyed this fanfic! It's hardly my best work, but it was a lot of fun to write, and so amazing to read all of your comments!! :)

I hope you guys enjoy the ending. Kris and Tao get their happy ending after all! (It wasn't looking like it before, was it?)
So much fluff! *o* Taoris just always ends up fluff!

Again, thank you thank you thank you! I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it! ^^