NOTE TO SELF: I might just be a jerk too

Superiority Complex

 

“You’re not with Baekhyun yet, are you?” I ask across the dorm room one morning.

“No,” Chanyeol agrees.

It seems everyone has proper relationships now. Kyungsoo has Kai, Sehun has Luhan, Lay’s been getting quite close to Suho, although every now and then he gives me a look.

Just Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

And Kris.

I don’t think I’m ready to start anything with him just yet, not after everything.

I feel like he must be disgusted with me. I feel like everyone must be disgusted with me.

And I know many are.




“Oh look, it’s that ,” Chen calls across the corridor as I make my way to Food Tech.

There are a few jeers from the crowd, and I stare at the ground.

I’ve lost my obscenely short time as king of the school. No one’s king now, and I prefer it that way.

But it still hurts.

The way people look at me.

The way people treat me now, so differently.

They’re all quick to judge what they don’t understand.

“Did you anyone off this morning, Tao?” Chen continues, running a finger up and down my arm.

I shiver, pushing him away.

The teacher isn’t here yet, so I stand between him and Sehun.

But he still continues.

He brushes his hand against my thigh and I gasp.

It’s inappropriate.

He chuckles.

“Hey Tao, come back to my dorm room tonight, I’m sure we can do something… special…”

My eyes dart around the corridor, looking for some kind of retribution, but I cast them downwards.

Everyone’s laughing.

Chanyeol gives me a sympathetic look and wraps his long, lanky arm over my shoulder, pulling me away.

“That’s enough.”

Sehun agrees, showing this with a shove to Chen’s arm.

“Leave him alone.”

There’s a collected gasp from the crowd as Kris shoves his way towards me and Chen, standing between us.

I can sense Chen’s fear. Kris is several heads taller than him, after all.

“What I did was wrong, and I’m sorry,” Kris announces to the crowd.

“Don't take it out on Tao.”




Soon we are all at our tables, partnered together for the practical.

Except for me.

Chanyeol’s with Baekhyun, Luhan with Sehun, Kai luckily got Kyungsoo the cooking genius.

No one has a use for me anymore.

“Tao, how about you work with Kris today?” the teacher asks.

I glance across the room.

Surely enough, he’s sitting by himself at a desk, fiddling with his tie.

His hair is messy, his eyes quickly flicking this way and that across the room.

Despite his cool and calculated exterior, his eyes convey a completely different story.

He’s scared.

Like someone’s going to attack him, or hurt him.

I realise he’s scared.

He’s scared of what people think, he’s scared of what they’ll do to him.

I’m scared too.

Kris and I have much more in common than I previously thought.

 


Thanks to everyone for subscribing! I can't believe how many of you there are~ :)
You guys make me really happy! I've never gotten this much attention for any fanfics of mine before, so sincerely, thank you.

If you guys enjoy this, please hit the button up there! You know, the up arrow!! I'd love it if my fics got even more recognition... a feature?
You'd seriously make me happy!! :3

Thanks again for all the love! You have no idea how much I appreciate it~ If you get the chance, please check out my other fics as well!