NOTE TO SELF: Librarians are crazy monsters from hell

Superiority Complex

 

I nodded my head, my iPod blaring in my ears.

I hate studying. The one thing I hate most is studying.

Actually, I lied. Studying for Chemistry is the worst.

Taemin is basically a Chemistry NAZI, so any mark under 90 is considered bad teaching on his part.

He doesn’t like to be called a bad teacher.

“I see you’re studying for Chemistry,” Chanyeol tells me, falling into my step. His voice drops to a whisper as we cross the threshold of the library.

Key the librarian glares.

It is a fact universally acknowledged that all libraries must be silent. No silence equals books thrown, angry librarians, and detentions for the rest of your life, or in extreme cases library fines.

Key, the diva librarian, is the worst.

He slides his fake glasses up further on his nose as he looks up from his desk at the front of the library with condescension.

Key judges anyone and anything that walks through his doors.

Well, all except our Biology teacher Jonghyun. The man can do no wrong, with his flawless book return record.

My thoughts are cut off by a comical thud on the ground.

“Watch where you’re going, Tao!”

I glance over my shoulder at Chanyeol; he’s merely laughing and pointing his long fingers at me in some obscenely ridiculous fashion.

I’m lying on the floor, my books everywhere.

I realise I must have walked straight into someone.

I turn around, about to apologise.

Oh.

I ran into him.

Of course.

Of course it’s him.

“Uh, sorry Kris!” I gush, lifting myself up off the teen in complete embarrassment.

I hold a hand out to help him up, but in doing so I trip over my Chemistry textbook that so happened to be positioned at my feet from the fall, splaying my arms about on the carpeted floor.

I land on him again.

“Sorry!” I shriek, even louder this time.

Key sticks a finger over his mouth and shushes me to infinity and beyond.

“It’s OK.”

Kris is laughing. At me.

I blush and turn away, but he pulls me in towards him. As he gets up, he takes my hand and pulls me up with him, retrieving some of my books for me.

“Thanks,” I say shyly.

Chanyeol’s in hysterics behind me, and I can see Key is close to kicking him out for ruining the relative peace of his books.

“Studying Chemistry?” Kris asks, handing the books back to me.

I nod.

“I’m not good at Chemistry at all,” I tell him, running a hand through my hair.

Kris laughs.

He has a beautiful laugh.

“Do you mind if I join you? I mean, I’m not so good with Chemistry either and Chanyeol’s heaps good and you’re probably studying with him and I need to pass the next test or I’ll have to re-sit the whole course and I don’t want to do that and I’d really like it if we could work together Tao.”


I just stand there awkwardly, thinking Kris has finally blown a fuse.

 

But he hasn’t; he’s serious.

“OK,” I tell him.

Kris takes my books from me and places them down on one of the library’s round discussion tables.

We’re allowed to talk in this area, but only if it’s in hushed whispers and Key’s not around.

Chanyeol opens his textbooks and starts his rant, as my eyes are darting back and forth between him and Kris.

Kris just smiles, nodding his head at regular intervals. He’s silent for the most part, listening in and learning everything Chanyeol has to say.

I can’t study, not with him here.

His smile is breathtaking.




“Tao, we’re done!” Chanyeol calls.

“What?”

I glance up, noticing the clock on the wall. School must have finished hours ago.

Kris has already left, but I’m still sitting here, gaping as I stare out the window, thinking about him.

“I’m going to fail Chem,” I tell Chanyeol.

He just laughs.

“I can go over everything again in the dorm room. Hopefully there won’t be any distractions the second time round.”

He gives me a knowing wink, and I scowl at him.

“Chanyeol!” I slap him on the arm, and he lets out a girly giggle as he runs down the corridor.

“Tao and Kris, sitting in a tree! K. I. S. S. I. N. G!” he yells.

Sehun jumps out of his room and decides to join in.

“First comes love, then comes marriage!”

“And then comes a baby in a baby carriage!” Luhan finishes enthusiastically.

“Really guys?” I ask, blushing wildly.

Sehun nods.

“But I thought it ended differently,” Kai saunters over, and arm around Kyungsoo.

“How does it end?” I ask, completely regretting it the minute the words pass through my lips.

“First comes the bed… then comes desk…”

Sehun giggles.

“Then comes the bathroom for earth-shattering !”

He shouts the last part and I’m left standing there flabbergasted.

Kai has a very dirty mind.

 

 


Hello all! Here's another update!! :D

I'm trying to make them longer because now I have my laptop back and I realise some of those previous chapters... SO SHORT OTL I AM SO SORRY OMFG!!!

In other news, I'd love to thank the following people for up voting my fic!
hyunvirus
oneoftheboys
LuckyFriday13th
fantasy_
kiikiichan
KibummieWaifu
kpopfan_eru
OceanLovesRoxas
TiffanyKing
remilovesyou
deathangeL_se7en

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it! It gives me a good reason to keep writing this, so I won't give up on this again!! :)