Kris

Superiority Complex

 

Chanyeol giggles at me like a girl from his side of the room.
 
“Face it, you love that brat.”
 
I'm sure there's a fine line between love and absolutely hating someone and wishing they were resigned to the deepest pits of hell.
 
Admittedly, I do want Kris to die...
 
But I also really like his hair.
 
And his eyebrows.
 
And his pouty lips.
 
Basically his face in general.
 
“Stupid, stupid Kris." I grumble.
 
How is it that he can reduce me to a puddle of mush in the space of three seconds.
 
I'm sick of him.
 
I'm sick of him treating me like this.
 
What did I do to deserve this anyway?
 
Every night for the next week, I find myself sitting up late with a flashlight finishing Kris’ homework.
 
It's too much, I don't have time to do my own, and I'm falling behind.
 
The teachers hate me.
 
My friends are absolute retards.
 
I don't think I can take much of this anymore.
 
I knock on Kris’ door and hand him the pile dutifully every morning.
 
This becomes the highlight of my week, because every day something changed.
 
Every day Kris’ lips tugged up slightly in a half-smirk, half-genuine smile.
 
And I loved this expression. 
 
I don't know why and I can't understand I'm starting to feel this way for someone who hates me.
 
“Why is he so flawless?” I grumble to Chanyeol.
 
But Chanyeol is too busy staring at that one stalker picture he had taken of Byun Baekhyun the other day when he had hidden behind the flowerpot in the hallway after class and snapped away with his camera like some deranged stalker paparazzi guy.
 
On Friday I hand him the homework as usual, however this time he pulls me into his room.
 
“You still owe me a shirt,” he explains. 
 
"You’re taking me shopping tomorrow, understand?”
 
He pushes me away.
 
I almost cry. Almost.
 
"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asks, sensing my distress.
 
I shrug.
 
"I have to take Kris shopping tomorrow," I begin, tossing myself onto the bed.
 
Chanyeol's eyes widen with interest.
 
"Looking forward to it?"
 
I shrug again, resigned to the fact that tomorrow, Saturday, will be a living hell.
 
"I don't think I am."
 
Sehun gives me a wary look.
 
"Come to think of it, you haven't been yourself recently. What's wrong?"
 
I sigh into my pillow.
 
"Nothing."
 
Sehun gives me a look, clearly unconvinced, but lets it slide.
 
I'm not in the mood to talk. All I want to do is lay in bed and sleep off the rest of the afternoon.
 
And that's what I do.
 
--
 
I sit on the end of my bed, quietly sifting through the homework Tao dropped off for me.
 
His handwriting is as beautiful as he is, and its all written neatly.
 
I can't help but blush as I think of his fingers, how he must have been thinking of me as he was writing.
 
And then I remember he was probably cursing me under his breath because to him, I'm a dickhead.
 
Luhan smirks.
 
“Just ask him out already. He’s alright," Luhan groans.
 
"You know you're being too hard on him..."
 
I look over to Luhan, and I notice that for once, he seems to know what he's talking about.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
Luhan tilts his head to the side.
 
"Really, Kris?" Baekhyun calls from the other side of the room.
 
"You've been treating him like a packhorse. He's human after all."
 
Luhan nods.
 
"You come late for those tutorials all the time yet you always expect complete homework. Haven't you noticed how he never hands in his own?"
 
I think for a minute.
 
Come to think of it, he never has work to hand in.
 
"Kris, he was already behind as it was being new, but now he's screwed for mid semester exams."
 
I feel so guilty.
 
Stupid me.
 
Stupid love.
 
Stupid everything.