Kris

Superiority Complex

"Kris, I saw the way you were looking at that Zitao guy,” Kai says, making his strange -grabbing movement.

 
“Face it, you want him.”
 
“Shut up!” I exclaim.
 
I slap him on the shoulder. 
 
"You know I can’t go out with him, he’s…well…” I'm at a loss for words.
 
“Yes, Kris?”
 
“He’s a nerd. Asking someone like him out… it would be like social suicide.”
 
Luhan makes a pouty face and sits cross-legged on the end of my bed.
 
He's got that hair straightener out again...
 
“I know babe,” he says, deciding to toss the straightener aside and run his hands over my tense shoulders.
 
He's put the straightener right under the lace curtains.
 
“We’re all in the same boat," he continues.
 
"Me, I can’t stop staring at Sehun. He’s just so smart and sarcastic. I love it!"
 
Luhan growls to himself.
 
"Just, he’s a nerd. It could never work. I'm totally not smart..."
 
I give him a sympathetic smile. 
 
I don't really have the heart to tell him that yes, he is a little stupid.
 
I lean over and move the straightener somewhere I know something won't catch alight.
 
“Whatever guys,” Baekhyun joins in, applying some moisturizer to his face. 
 
"I’m the one in the most trouble, I mean that Chanyeol! He’s basically a retard, but I just can’t help but like him!”
 
I groan. 
 
I've heard Baekhyun complain every single afternoon about his problems.
 
Before Tao had come to Daejun Prep, I was the only one crush-less and the only one sympathetic enough to listen to Byun Baekhyun’s problems. 
 
Now I've got problems of my own...
 
"So what do you think it is about him?" Luhan asks.
 
I shrug.
 
“I don’t know guys, it’s something about his eyes.” I sigh.
 
“You mean the fact he looks like a cuddly panda?” Kai smirks.
 
I scowl at him and push him off the end of the bed. 
 
There's a small thud and a grumble before he climbs back up.
 
“Well you’re no better. Kyungsoo is like constantly spacing out and you actually like his expressionless face?” I exclaim.
 
“Shut up Kris!” Kai whines, ripping his shirt off.
 
It's unnecessary, really, how he's almost always half clothed. 
 
He knows the boys like it, but I think he should at least have a bit more self-decency.
 
“I guess we’re just all hopeless in the love department!” Luhan breathes, his thoughts returning to his bowl-cut angel.
 
“Yeah," I agree.
 
There are nods from all the remaining occupants of the room.
 
He's cute, he really is.
 
I like his hair, his face, his jawline.
 
He looks hot in those really unflattering uniform trousers, and I want to rip that bow tie away from his neck so I can ravish it.
 
But most of all, I like the shape of his eyes and the fierce quality they have. 
 
He's got a cuteness to his voice, but there's bite.
 
But these thoughts are unhealthy.
 
He's new, he's a nerd. I'm the king. I'm cool, popular, with perfect hair.
 
Compared to me, he's a mess.
 
He's got a tight looking , but there's really nothing I can do now.
 
He probably thinks I'm a complete jerk. Everyone does.
 
But why do I want him to like me?