Shoulder to cry on.

A Friend's Love Story

 

Kris and Chaeyeon was still walking on the streets. Chaeyeon was still in daze, and Kris was still texting. Kris stopped at his tracks when he noticed that Chaeyeon wasn't on his side anymore.

 

"Chaeyeon?" Kris worriedly uttered. If there is one thing he was scared of, that is to see Chaeyeon wasn't on his side anymore. He couldn't imagine, loosing his own bestfriend. He spun around, and there Chaeyeon was chuckling. 

"Scared?" She asked.

"Like it would happen." Kris rolled his eyes, but deep inside he was really scared to loose her.. well atleast, not romantically way.

"Pssh, playful pig." Kris ruffled her hair but stopped on his tracks when he noticed a scrumb around . He starred at her face.

"What now?" Chaeyeon was puzzled by his gaze. She wasn't used to him gazing at her intensely.

 

Kris ignored the statement then wipe the small scrumb around . Kris was so close that Chaeyeon could already smell his scent. Chaeyeon actually knows what brand Kris is using so she was used to his smell. The only thing she wasn't used of, was the close space around them. Chaeyeon was dumbfounded when he let go of his own hand. Chaeyeon awkwardly looked away.

 

---

 

It was already late when Kris got home and there were no lights that was lit up anymore. He steps his foot then turn on the lights. There, he saw his appa, arms folded. Some lines were forming on a thin line on his forehead, and he assumed it was a frown. 

 

"Why were you late again?" He firmly asked, sending shivers down Kris' spine.

"I'm with--" His middle sentence was cut off by his own appa.

"Hanging out again? Enjoying lifetime? Is that all you can do to your life? Kris, you're truly a shame to our family!" 

 

Kris felt a deep fresh wound sunk inside his heart by his appa's blunt words. His appa owns a big company on Korea thus he had big expetations for Kris. Kris was't really fond of that field, he kept on insisting what he really likes but his appa won't listen. Soon enough, he would entrust all the fruits of his hardworks to Kris whether he likes it or not.

 

"No wonder, umma left you." Kris hissed in a low voice, but his appa was able to hear it anyway.

"What did you just said?!" His appa slap Kris cheeks unvoluntarily. He, himself was also shocked on what he just done to his son. Kris lifted his face.

"I'm sorry, son.. I was just.." His appa was cut off when Kris already stormed off.

 

He didn't know what to do now, he kept on gazing at blank space. He couldn't call EXO, he's certain that they were enjoying right now. He can't interfere on their happiness. Instead, he calls Chaeyeon. The only one who could understands him. The one he's not ashame to cry infront. He calls Chaeyeon but Chaeyeo wouldn't answer. After some trials, Chaeyeon already answered.

 

"Hello?" Her voice was having hints of like she just woke up from her sleep.

"It's Kris. Did I woke you up?" 

"No no, it's ok! Why you're voice is like that? Did something happen?"

"Can you come over?" 

 

It took Chaeyeon some seconds to answer but she knew his bestfriend were having problems right now, so she didn't hesitate. 

 

"Ok, wait for me. I'll just dress up." She hanged up then instantly head off to her closet. When she's done, she warily sneak to the back door of their kitchen to avoid any sounds. 

 

---

 

When Chaeyeon already arrived on Kris' house, she found the doors were already close. Kris' appa were already drifted on his sleep peacefully so it wasn't a problem anymore to Chaeyeon to enter. She throws a small stone on the side window of Kris' room. Kris peeked outside in an instant. He saw Chaeyeon with her big-size sweaters. He can immediately read that she just woke up from her sleep. He suddely felt a gulit rashing through his body.

 

But he didn't mind anymore, he just need her right now.

 

Kris hastily head downstairs to open the door and let Chaeyeon to go inside. When Chaeyeon finally enters their house, the first thing she did was to examine his face. With that quick glance, she instantly knew what his problem is. Kris led her to his room. Chaeyeon trust him since she already entered his room several times already without anything happened.

 

She sat dow comfortably to the foot of his bed. While, Kris was just sitting on the couch on the side. Kris wasn't talking but Chaeyeon already knew what the matter is. 

 

"It's your appa, right?" She asked, he nodded. Kris sat beside her all of a sudden. Kris' head hang low, starring at the ground. Chaeyeon lifted his face to examine his face once again. 

"You know, it wouldn't lessen your manliness if you would cry." She suggested. After few seconds, she can already feel a heavy head on her arms. She glance at her arms to see a crying Kris, being all down. She was just caressing his back.

"He's just too much! I'm trying my best to study all what can I can do. But is just that, that field isn't for me! He's just too much, Chaeyeon! Just too much!" He blurted out while still sobbing.

"It's ok, Kris. Its not you're fault! You'll be alright." She was trying to console her. Suddenly, she can feel someone's pushing her close to him by her waist. Ofcourse, it was Kris.

"Can I hug.. you? I just need it right now." He asked with a small hints of shame. Chaeyeon couldn't do anything for him to feel better, so she was left with no choice. Atleast, it wasn't force for her. She will do anything just to comfort him.

 

Chaeyeon attempted to grab water downstairs but Kris wouldn't let her go. 

 

"Don't.. leave me." He spoke in such a slow manner, as if he was scared to loose a thing. Slowly, he can feel her eyelids getting heavy that he didn't noticed he slept on her arms already. 

 

Author's note

Waaah, the poster and background already arrived! For the background and poster, thanks to ❥❥ Yellowish Graphic Shop! Also thanks for all who read! :) I'll be updating the next chapter as soon as possible ^^