Awkward

A Friend's Love Story

A day after on Kris and Chaeyeon's office was quite peculiar for the both of them. Though, their area was inches far, there is still a furious feeling for the both of them. The wall between them wasn't even helping.

 

Haejoo, one of Chaeyeon's co-worker stands facing her back.

 

"Chaeyeon, will you give it Kris? I know you're close to him. There's some flaws on the document he submitted that he have to arrange."

"Uhhm, I don't think I can do it." Her tone subsides.

"Why? I thought you're close with him?"

"Ok, fine." She groans, already standing up to walk on the area.

 

She knew Kris was frantic with anger towards her because of what had just happened yesterday. She nervously stands on his area, facing his back. Kris was still oblivious that Chaeyeon stands on the back of him. Chaeyeon clears , grasping Kris' attention. 

 

Chaeyeon glance at the floor, avoiding his gazes. She extends her arms, giving the document without having a single gaze on him. 

 

"Ha-Hae-Haejoo wants a revision for your document." She stummered with her words.

 

Kris didn't utter a response, instead he glance at Chaeyeon directly as if he wasn't blinking. Chaeyeon could sense someone's starring at her so she lifted her head, only to see Kris starring at her and as if his eyes were sending a message on her.

She felt a guilt send down on her body so she abruptly looked away. Chaeyeon softened and couldn't stay longer on the area anymore, all because of the guilt she felt.

 

---

 

Someone was coughing on the office. The cough was too loud that it reaches it sound until Kris' seat, irking Kris' patience.  Kris couldn't take it too long so he followed the sound's direction to see who was the sick person. Little by little, the person is getting subtle by his eyes.

 

He stop on his tracks when he sees it was Chaeyeon. A box of tissue were on her desk, but it looks like it wasn't even helping. He dash on his desk to grab a medicine on his own small medicine box. He always brings along with him this box so that when an emergency happens, he will be prepared. 

 

*Tsk, Chaeyeon will be ever be reckless.* He worriedly thought. 

 

A few moments later, he finally arrive on her desk. He place the medicine on her desk. Charyeon then stop at her work to check on the person. But before she knew it, the person was already gone. The person left a note beside the medicine:

 

Chaeyeon,

Tsk, how can you be so reckless on your health? You know that it's getting me worried when you're sick, right?

 

The sender didn't address who he is. But Chaeyeon instantly knew that it was Kris by his handwritten and how his words were formed. Atleast even though Kris was still angry, he still cares and it made Chaeyeon smile.

 

Sometimes she wonder how lucky would be the girl who will fill in his heart. Although she knew she wouldn't be qualified for this position because there is still wall she shouldn't get overlap.

 

---

 

Their officemates can sense the tension between the two. Finally they garner on lunch to have some meeting on their own without Kris and Chaeyeon. 

 

"I think both are not in good terms. I think we should do something!" One of their officemate mandated. All nodded in approval. 

 

---

 

Kris walks going through a bench nearby on a lunchtime. His officemate asked him to meet-up on this said location. His face got flabbergasted when he saw a person plopped on the same bench.. it was Chaeyeon as if she was waiting for someone.

 

When Chaeyeon had noticed his presence, Kris looked away, placed his hands on his pockets and stands cooly. Finally, Chaeyeon clears , yielding Kris' attention.

 

"Uhh-uhh.. mee-meeting so..someone too?" She nervously uttered. Kris just nodded.

"Me..me.. too." Chaeyeon once again stuttered.

 

What seems like forever, nobody approach on the location and there is only two of them alone in the place. Kris then grew tired on standing up so he sits beside Chaeyeon, making Chaeyeon to get her heartbeats raised more, all because of nervousness.

 

The breeze of the wind and a cold silence were present between them. And looks like no one attempts to fill in the space. Chaeyeon kept on coughing in an unfacile manner. Kris softens and offers a handkerchief without even looking at her.

He wouldn't mind sharing his handkerchief on her.

 

Chaeyeon attempts to consume her effort to say  'thank you' but would betray her. Kris clears his throat, he thinks this will be a chance for him to talk to her.

 

"Chaeyeon, look. Hear me out."He begs. Chaeyeon just starred at him, anticipating for his words.

"I know I'm getting overboard I know I'm just your bestfriend and shouldn't interfere on your own decisions.. even your lovelife and that you have a life on your own." He suddenly stops, thinking what he should tell next.

"The thing that only bothers me is that.. maybe someday you'll forget about me. Maybe someday, you'll be leaving me. Maybe someday, no one will accompany me on a late night movie.. Maybe someday.." He trailed of his words, he finally gets all of this outside his chest.

 

"Is that what you think of me? Kris, I was there on your side rain or shine. Never had happened that I left your side. Now, will you still doubt about it?"

"No, I was just.. scared." 

 

There was a cold silence after what he had said, Chaeyeon just starred at him in agony. Never she had imagined she will be leaving her bestfriend. Her lips broke into a smile then pats the back of Kris.

 

"Aish, this friend of mine is like a kid! He cries when his father scolds him. He gets so emotional when he imagines his bestfriend leaving him where in reality it will not happen. He's scared to be left away. Just recently, he didn't talk to me because he's mad at me. Aish, girls thought that he's a cool and matured man where in reality he's such a kid!" Chaeyeon playfully teased, lighting up the tension.

 

It took seconds for Kris to brightened up but she just glance at Chaeyeon. They both laughed.

 

"And he has bestfriend who makes him brightened up easily." Kris mumbles in a low tone. Chaeyeon didn't able to hear it.