Taking Care a Bestfriend

A Friend's Love Story

The doorbell's sound resonated on Chaeyeon's house, she opens the door with this uncoherently sluggish movement she's not really used off. Her hair still tousled and baby hairs were sticking out at unparticular places and it was evident she's not on the mood to have a talk with someone. 

 

Her expression instantly receded when he sees the person. "Suho?" She muttered, not really aware what the reason of his sudden visit.

 

Suho is Kris' friend, but he's not really close with Chaeyeon. On their senior year in highschool, they both were on the same class but casually call themselves acquaintances more than friends, so it made Chaeyeon to become baffled about him visiting her. 

 

"Mind if I go inside?" He asked straight to the point. He's not really the person to twiddle the tie around just to get to the point, and Chaeyeon was completely aware that he's a straight-to-the-point person so it didn't give her a shock already.

He sat casually on their sofa and caught up on just to grasp her attention concentrately on him.

 

"Kris has not been eating for days." He started.

"And .. gloomy this days." He continued.

"And I knew you understand what's the reason for this." He added. Chaeyeon just nodded.

"Chaeyeon, I knew I'm the person you think you think you can't trust with. But you can lend my ear in case." It was now that Chaeyeon realized that he was a deep person and he wants to start a profound coversation with her.

 

"I..I really don't know what to say.." Chaeyeon stummered on her words.

"Why?"

"Because I really don't know what my feelings are to start with." Her eyes cascaded as if it was also depicting her emotions. 

"I respect that you're still troubled, but if you already knew it don't hesitate to punch on my numbers for a call." He was already standing upon saying this. Dusting some small bits of dust sticking out on his pants, he threw a smile as if consoling and assuring her.

"Thanks, anyway." Chaeyeon too stood up, realizing he was about to leave already.

 

Suho sauntered forward and stop right infront of the doorframe. He turned around to cast a stare on her.

 

"If only you know how Kris suffered until that day. So I expect you'll be facing him. I think it's only you who will make him turn ito his original self." He looked at her as if he gave his all trust on her. It gave Chaeyeon a scare since she doesn't want to fail anybody.

 

---

 

Resting her elbows on the arms of the chair on her bedroom, she punched in her fingers to Kris' number. It was peculiar for her to see his number for a very long time already, and she had this nervous sensation playing around her insides. It was as if an eternity that she hadn't called on him.

 

She glanced at the panoply her mom used to filled with artworks and stuffs, filling the space on their wall while waiting for him to pick up the call. Now that he had a long stare on the panoply, an artwork caught her eye that made her stood up. She traced her hands on it, and realized it was actually from Kris. 

 

It was actually an artwork they obliged to do at Art class on the first year of their highschool. And she can remember on how he was struggling to think of any person whom he can give, but ended up on Chaeyeon still. It was painted with a scenery she couldn't really recognized, it was prominent it was made in a time rush but he could see all his efforts on it.

 

Inside, there was a letter with a horrible hangul of Kris. It was understandable since he's not realy good at hangul that time and it was just his first year on Korea from China. Chaeyeon couldn't stiffle her chuckle. It was strange seeing how childish they are back on highschool.

 

Her smile alter into a jittery feeling when she can sense that Kris already picked up the call.

 

"Hello?" His voice was hoarse, not the kind of voice he was used to.

"Kris.. it's me. can we talk?" She was uncertain of any consequences that might happen on what she just said, but there's no way to turn back anymore.  Upon hearing this and realizing who was the caller on the other line, Kris' ears instantly perked up as if all the heavy weight he's been carrying ligtened up.

"Ok.. okay.. wa.. wait me up." He was saying this words in interval of his coughs. He was struggling that he can no longer construct a senseful sentence.

"Kris, are you ok? I think I'll just go to your house, wait me up there." Before Kris could argue any further, she hung up with this determined eyes to talk to him. By hearing him over the phone, she became more determined to talk to him.

 

---

 

Chaeyeon grew worried when nobody opens the door, she twist the doorknob in trial. She successfully open the door and rushed on his room in an abrupt speed. She found him lying on his bed, all covered with his thick sheets of his blue plaid blanket. Some medicines were scattered on the lamp desk and a glass of water standing stiff on it. 

 

Without further ado, she stare as she take off the blanket, revealing his bare and pale face. She immediately placed her hands on her forehead, checking up his temperature, it made him wake up. He let a weak smile pressed on his face, finally seeing her up after some days. She slightly flinched on how hot his temperture can get, she softens by the sight of him.

 

"Don't move, I'll be getting something."

 

She stood up but a hand seems to be a blockage on her departure. She spun around and saw her wrist being seized by his hands, vehemently starring at her eyes. Apparently, obstructing her from getting away from him. Chaeyeon found herself being trapped by his arms, her face rested on his chest.

 

"Don't leave.." He muttered under his weak voice. 

"Kris, I'm not gonna leave you. I'll just go get something, ok? What are bestfriends are for, right?" She said this statement casually, hoping it will make them comfortable.

 

But Kris eyes falls upon hearing the word bestfriends. After all, was it just his value to her? Bestfriend?

 

"Bestfriends.." He softly muffled, but Chaeyeon wasn't able to hear it since she left the room already.

 

---

 

Kris was gazing at her lovingly while she was wiping his forehead with a freshly drenched towel. Chaeyeon couldn't met eyes with him since she was being uncomfortable about his stares. 

 

"I wish I can get sick again like this."

"Kris, don't say that, ok?"

"No, I would."

"Why?"

"So you can take care of me again like this." 

 

Her hand stop wiping his forehead upon hearing it, she can't deny her heart throbbed when he was saying this. Kris noticed how she gets uncomfortable.

 

"Sorry.."

"Pabo-yah.." She joked, pressing the towel on his forehead.

"Chaeyeon, are you mad on me?"

"Pabo, I was just joking, ok?" 

"No, I didn't mean that.. I mean, about the other day.. When I kiss y--" He was cut off by his mid-sentence, when Chaeyeon already understand what he was saying.

"Kris, let's not just talk about it, ok?"

 

Kris looked away, his piercing eyes turn into crestfallen but he can't do anything anymore. He's just contented that she already talk to him again after what had just happened. 

 

"Kris, sleep well, ok?" She placed the towel on a red basin soaked with efficient amount of water. She turn to face him and tucked him under his blanket.

 

"Chaeyeon, will you not leave me?"

"Offcourse." She released an assuring smile, assuring him she will not leave again. 

 

Auhor's note

Hi guys! I just want to point out that only two chapters are there until the final chapter! So please stay tune until it's end! ^^~ 

사랑해요!!~

a511b3e4gw1dxun8rkg27g.gif

(Image not mine, credits to it's rightful owner)