On The Bus

A Friend's Love Story

Since the day Kris discovered his true feelings for Chaeyeon, he purposely avoid Chaeyeon continously. He ignore her at the office, didn't answer her calls, didn't meet her up, didn't even talk to her even once. Sometimes, he wish he could give-up and just talk to her. But he knew, his feelings were wrong since he should consider Sunhee's feelings too.

 

One more thing, he's scared he might loose Cheyeon because of this feelings. He's scared Chaeyeon might go away from him. He can accept if Chaeyeon and him were only just friends but he can't accept the fact that he might loose Chaeyeon, if ever. So, he's trying his all best to avoid her, to get of all this feelings. But it was like a glue sticking to him, very hard to remove. 

 

*Hard as expected.* He mentally thought while having a glance on Chaeyeon who's now standing on the bus stop waiting for a bus to come. A breeze passed on her, her hair blew daintily at her back. It was really hard for Kris to avoid her since there was no day he didn't sit with her for a talk, not even chance. It was just now, that this thing happened.

 

When he sees her already stepping a foot on the bus, he immediately followed. He raises his hoodie up in purpose just so he can still avoid Chaeyeon. He nervously steps his foot on the bus, blew a deep sigh, then bravely entered the bus. The moment he was on the bus, he rapidly came to search for Chaeyeon. He found her standing at the back, her arms having a grip on the pole.

 

Since the bus remained crowded and there was no available seats left, she was left without a choice and so as Kris. He stood up on the front part of the bus, but still he has a nice glimpse of her. Chaeyeon had her earphones plugged on her both ears, her head casted down and her eyes were shut closed, her lashes laid down her face. Kris assumed she was sleeping. He chuckled at the thought, *Still as adorable when she sleeps.* 

 

Chaeyeon's eyes slowly open, she had a feeling she was being starred off already. Her eyes wanders around the bus, she look for any possible people who might be starring off to her. But she found no one. Kris actually hid on the corner when he could sense that Chaeyeon stirred on her sleep. 

*I became delusional, nowadays.* She tought before getting back on her sleep.

 

Whilst standing infront, Kris couldn't take his eyes off her's. Her long hair waving as if fitting with her small and petite body, her lashes, her small nose trailing down to her small pink lips. No doubt, he's inlove with her. There was a jittery feeling inside of him when he sees Chaeyeon that couldn't compare when he's with Sunhee. *This must be what they call butterflies.* He thought, still smiling at her sight.

 

But with his feelings, he couldn't hear her voice. Couldn't even get close with her. He put a blame on his feelings on not to get close to her. *Stupid feelings I have.* He thought, while his fist rolled inside his pocket, having a deep stare at her from afar. He wished he could get close to her right now.

 

After a few moments, his phone rang. Kris' ringonte actually was so loud enough for people at the back to be heard off. He knew that Chaeyeon knew his ringtone, so he immediately shut his phone off in a jiff.

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyeon actually heard the phone. She immediately recognize who's ringtone was that. *Kris?* She abruptly searched for him, but again he found no Kris inside the bus. She took a deep breath. *I must have been missed him that much.* She mumbles. 

 

Kris should be cautious since he can sense that Chaeyeon could sense him. He came back on starring at her. Again, her head was hanging down, her eyes were still closed and her head was moving through the bus' motion, making her adorable but it was if Chaeyeon didn't take notice of it.  

 

*Pabo.* Kris thought and let out a chuckle when he sees her being with that state. He shook his head. He felt a giddiness to pinch her cheeks but Chaeyeon was as if a restricted area that Kris should be wary to get close off. He sighed, he can no longer do things like before. There was an evident difference on it. 

 

 

A music resonated on Chaeyeon's ear through her ipod, it was Kris' favorite song. Again, thoughts of Kris reminisce through her mind. A tear slipped off through the side of her eyes. She doesn't know why she misses Kris this much. Her small sobs little by little became a painful weep. Without a full knowledge, Kris was starring at her crying.

 

He wished he could get near her and console her. He wished he could hold her just so he can comfort her. He wished he was on her side on this span of time. He softened at the sight of her crying. The least thing he wants to see is to see her crying. It was as if he can feel double as her when he sees her cry.

 

When Kris couldn't take it anymore and he felt that he can already explode. He immediately went on her direction and pulled her head into his chest, trying to hushed her sobs. Chaeyeon's eyes widened, her thoughts were right. He is there. Chaeyeon lifted her head and saw a serious Kris.

 

"Don't cry, I'm already here." He was patting her back softly. Chaeyeon's sobs continuing getting harder, but she was oblivious of the reason why. In a jiff, Chaeyeon hit Kris' chest.

"Pabo! You were avoiding me and now you're here?" She was still hitting his chest. 

"I'm sorry Chaeyeon, I have to do this. I'm so sorry." He pressed her head harder on his chest. Chaeyeon already stop on hitting his chest and remained resting on his warm arms.

 

They continued being in that state, but it was as if Kris doesn't mind it. Finally, they arrived on their destination.

While they were walking, Kris noticed how gloomy Chaeyeon is. So he abruptly took her hands and pulled her into an small ice cream stand to buy her favorite ice cream. Two ice creams were already on his hands. Chaeyeon starred blankly on the ground but immediately get back on her senses when an chocolate rocky road ice cream was showed infront of her eyes.

 

She starred at Kris and saw that he was smiling. Her heart hammering inside and felt something inside her stomach, all because of that smile. She, herself doesn't even know why she's like this.

 

"You don't want it?" Kris asked. Chaeyeon can't stare at his eyes directly and she became nervous when she get close to him.

"Open your mouth." He commands. Chaeyeon gazed at him quizzically but then obliged. 

 

In no time, Kris was already feeding her the ice cream he bought. Chaeyeon's heartbeats raises up more so she took the ice cream from him. 

 

When they already finished eating their ice creams, they walked in a dead silence. Chaeyeon glanced at the ground, watching her own steps. While Kris was just starring at her. He can't believe he's being close to her again. 

 

When they already passed Chaeyeon's house, Chaeyeon opens the gate without any word. Kris took her wrist and it made her to spun around.

 

"I promise I'll never do that again. I hate seeing you cry." He seriously said before letting her hands go.

 

Kris then sticked out his smallest finger as if he was forming a pinky promise through his hands. Chaeyeon starred at him, baffled and couldn't really get what his hands were conveying.

 

"What's that?"

"Pinky promise." He simply answered with a matter-of-fact tone while his hands were still waiting. Chaeyeon chuckled on his childishness and looped his hands around his'. 

"Now that's a promise." He then turned around.

 

Chaeyeon's heartbeats pumped harder again, she felt she's being lunatic about this new feeling.

 

---

 

Author's note

Heya guys! Sorry for updating so late ~ *singing sorry sorry*