Overprotective

A Friend's Love Story

 

Chaeyeon wokes up, with the morning sunlight streams down right through her face. The sun shone brightly, making her eyes hurt. She rubbed her eyes and stood up on where she is. She wasn't on her room. *Oh.* She finally remembers, she was on Kris' room.

 

She didn't saw Kris anymore on her side. "Kris?" She knew nobody's inside the room right now. Her eyes travelled around the room and saw a note with Kris' familiar handwritting:

 

Sorry, I have to leave early. But I placed a hot ramen on the side(was it still hot? xD) 'cause I knew it was your favorite :) And oh, I knew this is embarassing but isn't this day your menstrual period day? I bought some sanitary napkins there at the top of my closet. If you just know how embarassing it is for me to asked our maid to buy for it xD 

 

Niways, take care :) [Haven't beat you at Starcraft!! xD]

 

Chaeyeon smiled at the end of the time span she read the note. She starred at the bed and saw a small spot of blood. gaped open as she remembers this day was her menstrual period day. How could her bestfriend be so nice? She even forgot that this day was it, but he remembers it first more than her. 

 

She stood up then look for Kris' closet, there a pack of napkin sitting prettily on it. "Aish, how embarassing." She clicked her tongue, making a 'tsk' sound while shaking her head. "Oh the ramen, I forgot." She mumbles to her ownself. She spun around then saw the ramen but without it's hot fog already. 

 

---

 

After she went home, her ears almost got deaf by her mom's continuosly yelling at her. Saying something like why didn't she call that she's not going home. Chaeyeon just came embracing her at her arms.

 

"Umma, you don't have to worry that much. I'm grown up already. I can take care of myself! And besides, it's just Kris!"

"I'm just worried, you know."

"Ma!" 

 

Her mom just ruffled her hair.

 

"Ok ok! Just call me next time if this will happen again!"

"Thanks for worrying, umma!" She kissed her cheeks.

 

---

 

Chaeyeon spread her arms widely while landed on her bed. It was a fine Saturday. She just hoped she doesn't have schedule. Doesn't she?

 

"Oh!!!!" She bawled when she remembered something.

 

Today was her schedule for a date.

 

That date was set-up by her friends, although she's a little bit against it. She immediately dressed-up even though she doesn't really took time to effort anymore. She can't let someone wait for her. Unconsciously, she forgot to bring her phone at her own house when she went out. 

 

---

 

Chaeyeon stood infront of the said venue. She nervously pushed the doors open. A man came approaching her, asking what her name and her reservation is. After awhile, he led her to where her table is.

 

Chaeyeon saw a good-looking man sitting at that spot. He had slightly tanned skin but still perfect skin. His nose is long and sharp. His eyes were single-eyelid but fierce, enough to make you swoon. He stood then smiled at Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon was at daze first by his smile but she shook it anyway.

 

"Lee Chaeyeon, right?" He asked with his deep voice. Chaeyeon just nodded.

"Yoon Dojoon, by the way."

 

Doojoon stretched his hand to a handshake. Chaeyeon responded by shaking his hand. The waiter came, asking for their orders. Chaeyeon was glad they both have the same taste in food. They even ordered the same meal unpurposely. 

 

Right on cue, Kris was having funtime with his friends at a mall. He then remembered Chaeyeon. Was she just fine just now? Was his worried thoughts. He called on her to check if she's alright. But Chaeyeon wouldn't respond, she kept on ignoring his calls.

 

Little did he knew, Chaeyeon left her phone obliviously. Kris got worried so he call Chaeyeon's mother. Chaeyeon's mother told him that she had a date today, which made Kris to gew bothered. A date? He thought. Why would Chaeyeon want to date? She even didn't tell it about it. And one thing's bothering him is that Kris doesn't knew who was Chaeyeon's date personally. 

 

He knew he's getting overboard and that Chaeyeon can have a life on her own. But he doesn't want Chaeyeon to get in danger. Or was there another feelings mixed with it? Is he just jealous? He brushed his thoughts away and find for the venue, with a blink of an eye. His friends immediately startled by his sudden departure.

 

---

 

After what sees like forever, Kris already arrived on the venue. The restaurant was classic and a very fine dining restaurant. A very contrast on where she and Kris usually hangs out. They just love to travel on the outside. He open the door but a man was asking what his name and his reservation is, but Kris ignored him and hastily went to find Chaeyeon's table. The man startled by his acts, but Kris wouldn't care.

 

Finally, he saw Chaeyeon's table. They both oblivious that Kris was observing them few spaces apart. Kris saw how the man looked at Chaeyeon. He's been starring at Chaeyeon from head to toe, like he's gonna eat her anytime soon. He also secretly his lips everytime he catch a glimpse of her. From the way he looked on her, Kris instantly knew he doesn't have clean intentions for her.

 

Finally, he can't control his nerves anymore. The man kept on repeating those small habits, without Chaeyeon's knowledge. Kris shuffled his feet going to the center of their table and gazed at Chaeyeon fiercefully. 

 

"Kris?"

 

Kris seized her wrist and turn to face her date then back again at Chaeyeon.

 

"We're leaving. Chaeyeon, let's go!" Kris pulled her to make her stand up. The man just starred at them quizically.

"What are you saying? Can't you see I'm on a date?"

"I don't care." Kris nonchalantly said. He finally pulled her to leave the restaurant.

 

When they were finally on the outside, Chaeyeon broke to Kris' grip. 

 

"What's the problem on you?" Her voice was exasperated.

"Chaeyeon, are you that naive?! Can't you see how she looks at you?!"

"Can't you see he's a nice guy?!" 

"Nice guy? Chaeyeon, I'm also a man! I know what it means when a man looks like that to a girl!"

"I don't know what you're saying but you surely doesn't know that it was an oppurtunity for me!" Some tears were beginning to fall on the side of her tears. Kris softened. 

 

Kris can't take to argue anymore, especially when he sees her being with this state. The least he wants to see is to see Chaeyeon's crying. Chaeyeon starred at her for the last time.

 

"Kris, I didn't thought you were this selfish!" Was her last words before turning around.

"Chaeyeon!" Kris followed her, grasping with her wrist.

"Don't follow me!" She shrieked.

 

*She must have been like him that much.* He thought, watching as her retrieving figure diminishes.