A day without Chaeyeon.

A Friend's Love Story

After what had just happened yesterday between Chaeyeon and Kris, both kept on ignoring each other. He woke up with his slightly squinted eyes. He was used to a habit that Chaeyeon would text him on mornings, awakening him. Her text always contains something like 'Yah Sleepyhead! Wake up! You'll get fat!'.

 

But today, was a contrast on what he was used to. He didn't received any message from Chaeyeon.

It cause him to grew worried and bothered. *She must be angry to me that much.* He sighed. 

 

Because Kris got hurt by his appa's words, he would try to find a job today. He just wished Chaeyeon was on his side today. After dressing up, he walks outside with his tights pants and his polo shirt that was tucked in. He also brought some documents for him to pass on.

 

Some girls screeched at the sight of him. Even though, he didn't took effort on dressing up, his looks overpowered it. He just ignored the girls who squealed and walked past him. He reached a restaurant, having some summer umbrellas on the outside. 

 

While he was striding going through that spot, he saw a familiar figure ahead of him. The figure was a man with two girls having voluptuous bodies along with each of his arms. They were laughing and having a fun time with each other. 

 

As Kris walks further, he can identify already who was the figure. It was Chaeyeon's date from yesterday. He slightly got startled. His thoughts from yesterday was right, he wasn't a trustworthy man. Finally, he walks closer to them then immediately punches the guy. The two girls tries it hard to stop the fight.

 

"What's your problem, huh?"

"I knew it! I knew you weren't a man who can I trust for Chaeyeon! You weren't good enough for her!"

"Say all you want! She's boring and doesn't even have fun! Huh, atleast starring at her was worth it!"

 

Kris can fully remembered how that guy stared at Chaeyeon. It wasn't a stare that a man was smitten to a girl. Instead, it was a stare who had bad intentions for a girl.

 

"You bastard!" Kris again punched him on the second time. They both exchange punches with each other.

 

"Don't you ever get near on Chaeyeon's side or else I don't know what I might do to you!" Kris threatened. 

"She's all yours!" The guy wiped the blood on the side of his lips. He grabbed the two girls and immediately walked with fast pace.

 

"If Chaeyeon will just knew what's his true side really is." Kris mumbles. 

 

---

 

It was already nearly night when Kris job-searching ended. He was already on his way going to his house. After he took the bus, he was now walking on their street. He was pre-occupied that he didn't noticed that him and Chaeyeon was just the same way going to their houses.

 

Someone bumped on Kris' shoulder, he lifted his head to see who was the person. He got astonished when he sees the person. It was Chaeyeon, who was also pre-occupied with his own bubble of thoughts. 

 

"Chaeyeon?"

 

Chaeyeon turn to look at him with her startled eyes.

 

"Kris?"

 

After awhile, the atmoshphere suddenly gets awkward. Kris cleared his thought to grasp Chaeyeon's attention.

 

"So, how was your day?" His tone was casual, as if nothing just happened.

"It was good on the office. Nothing's special." Chaeyeon's tries it hard to push his grudge on Kris.

"Why didn't you call me this morning?"

 

Chaeyeon taken aback which cause her to stopped on her steps.

 

"Should I say what's the real reason is?"

 "Sorry."

 

Chaeyeon didn't know what to answer now. Kris was his very best friend, he can't stay angry to him longer. But she wasn't just saying it to him. Again, they both shut silent. Kris thought that this was an opportunity for her to say sorry.

 

"Chaeyeon, look. I'm sorry. I'm just worried for you! I know I'm being selfish but really I'm just worried. The least thing I want to see is to see you getting hurt." He sincerely apologized.

 

Chaeyeon didn't respond although she was able to forgive him already.

 

"Well, if you treat me some ramen tonight maybe I'll forgive you!" Her tone was ludicrous and informal.

 

Kris knew when her tone was like this. He knew he was forgiven already. Kris circled his arms around her neck then played as if he was playing wrestling with her.

 

"Yah!!!!!!" Chaeyeon squeaked.

"Ok, ramen tonight!" Kris eyes were sparkling. Atlast, the person he never will afford to loose, already talks to him again.