Too late or Maybe not? (Final Chapter)

A Friend's Love Story

"Chaeyeon, wake up. Chaeyeon. The restaurant is closing! Hurry up!" 

 

Chaeyeon's blurry vision slowly brightens up, little by little he can see Kris' figure shooking her up. She already slept on the table, her face resting up on her palms. But before she knew it, the restaurant were about to close. Thus, she's been seeing staffs shoving and cleaning up their rubbish and their utensils. 

 

Chaeyeon held a good compusure of herself, her head slowly became dizzy out of the hangover from the alcoholic beverages she just finished. And Kris being good friend he was, came supporting her on her arms. 

 

The streets were lit up by some street that almost meters tall by Kris' height. Besides the street lights, another source of light was emanated from the moon and some small amounts of stars, making them feel that they will be safe. Chaeyeon steadied out herself, she really can walk though her head was still dizzy.

 

"No, I can walk. Don't worry about me." She blocked Kris from supporting her.

"Are you sure?" 

 

She nodded, trying to walk in a little strides against the streets. All of a sudden, her cheeks turned pink when he remembers what Kris had just said moments ago from the restaurant. She felt like her heart jump off it's normal rate by it's speed. She doesn't know but she's floating in happiness that she could die from this feeling.

 

She doesn't know why her heart didn't even raged in anger, instead it softens in joy. Was she felt the same way too? She brushed her thoughts away, letting it carry by the cold wind. She couldn't feel anything but to be relieved standing next to him. 

 

While they were walking around Hongdae by dead silence, Kris saw something catches up his attention. "Still open?" He stop right infront of a shop that rents a bike. He looked up to her. "Wanna ride?" 

 

Chaeyeon shrugged but didn't insist anyway. Kris pays for the renting fee. He shuffled excitedly going to the bike. "Only one?" Chaeyeon asked. "They only have one available." That's when Chaeyeon realizes some couples were still renting a bike, considering it to be a date around the area. 

 

Kris tapped the backseat of the bike. Chaeyeon waved her had as if hesitating, but Kris was stubborn as you expected him to be. So, she ended up agreeing on this idea and sat on the backseat of the bike. The bike was shining through it's silver complexion, it has a red round ring that sounded when you pull the button for it. It also has a basket added on it. And the windy breeze completes the nice scenery.

 

Kris hop up and sat on the saddle before placing his hands on the handlebar and dash it off. The wind carries the weight of Chaeyeon's hair, spreading it all along with the area. 

"Why don't you hug me?" Kris joked, signalling her to positioned her hands on his waist.

"Why do I do that?"

"For you not to fall." He smiled then had his eyes on the asphalt again. 

"Yah!!" She could feel her heart skipped a beat by his statement not so long ago.

"I was just joking, you know. People this days. Taking jokes seriously." He mumbles. 

"Whatever."

 

"You know, dad and I used to race on bikes like this when I'm still young. It was long ago before he had turned into.." He suddenly trailed off his words, couldn't really say the word at ease.

"Into?"

"..monster.."

"Kris, don't say that. He's still your father. I understand you had a massive grief for him, but it isn't a right excuse for him to be called a monster."

"Chaeyeon, you know, if I would have a son on the future, I'll promise not to leave him.. Even if I'm on his side, I wouldn't change just for him.. I will never do what my Appa did." He profoundly confessed. 

"Even if your future wife will leave you like what your mother did?"

 

Kris stopped on pedalling the bike, it made him struck to silence. For all the things he least expected to hear from Chaeyeon are the words he supposed that could harm his mother. Whenever someone touched about this topic, he became senstive.

 

"Chaeyeon, I didn't expect it would came from your mouth." He's already standing up when he says this. Chaeyeon did too.

 

Kris pulled the bike along with him, he doesn't want to talked with her. He might say something unpleasant and uncoherent. It finally hit Chaeyeon how big the impact of her words are to him. She didn't mean to hurt him, she didn't say those words in purpose. It all just came though her intense agony for him.

 

"Kris, I'm sorry. I was too reckless about those words.. I didn't really meant to.."

 

Before she could continue her sentence, a car was about to hit him. 

 

"Kris!"

 

The car hit Kris bike, making Kris to be hit as well with just a blink of an eye. Chaeyeon saw Kris lay down on the street with the bike fell on the side. The car had runned away, leaving the poor Kris. Chaeyeon abruptly run against him, her tears were the cause for her blurry visions, but she didn't care anyway.

 

She carried him with her arms and starred for him on what he assumed was the last glance she could ever cast. She felt like it's too late for her to tell what were her feelings is. Now, she just wished she could go back in time so she could tell what her feelings are.

 

"Kris, you pabo! Don't die! You made me fall inlove with you and now you're leaving me? Who will come with me on movies? Who will come when I needed someone to talk to? Who will understand me? Sa..ranghae.." Her tears filled her lower eyelid. She felt like her heart depleted it's content.

 

In a sudden moment, she heard a laugh somewhere near her. She turn her head down and saw Kris clutching on his stomach as if nothing had just happened. "Kris, don't die!" Kris was mimicking Chaeyeon's voice.

Chaeyeon pushed him off her's and wore an exasperated face. She stood up and walked away, leaving him.

 

"You think it's funny, huh?" She muttered loud enough for him to hear.

 

She can hear his laughs reverberating through her ears just block away. 

 

"Look at him,. I even die out of worrying and he just laughed off there? He's really something!" She thought Kris didn't hear her, but he can clearly hear what were the exact words she's been saying.

 

"You think I didn't hear you?" He shrieked. It made Chaeyeon's foot to skidded into a stop. There was something on his tone that making her nervous.

 

She frozed on her spot. Just then when she continues to walk, Kris blocked him by standing infront of her. Chaeyeon avoids every stare Kris emits. When Kris could feel Chaeyeon avoiding his stares, he peered and bent down his head to earn a good view of her.

 

Chaeyeon finally starred back.

"Kris, don't ever joke like that again. It's making me worried." She confessed.

"Worried?" He chuckles. He then grasp her hands unto him and seriously gazed back at her.

"I heard what you just said awhile ago."

 

Chaeyeon looked away, she flushed out of embarassment.

 

"And you said you love me?" He continued and let a chuckle came out of his mouth.

"I love you too." He whispered, just millimteres close to her ears.

"I knew it already." She spat.

"How could you know?"

"When we were at restaurant awhile ago."

"See! You pranked me too." He joked then again starred at her.

 

Chaeyeon is dodging the stares she earns from him. 

"Why won't you look at me?" He is still vehemently starring down at her.  

 

She cried out of nowhere and weeped like a child infront of him. Kris put her head unto his chest. "Why you're still crying? Aren't you suppose to be happy?" 

 

"I just thought awhile ago, I was so scared, I thought I could have lost you. I thought it will be too late to say those words.." 

"Sssh, don't cry. I'm already here. I will not leave by your side.. Now, can you smile for me?" He faced her. 

 

She forced a smile but then chuckled when she sees him. Kris stepped closier which makes Chaeyeon to get nervous. Kris then gazed at her as if he can't see anyone but only her. He brushed his thumb against her cheeks.

 

"Can I?" Kris nervously asked. That's when it hit Chaeyeon about his attempt. She just nodded in response. 

 

Kris too got nervous but still drew himself closier at her. He stop right infront of her face, making his heartbeats pumps more out of nervousness. He placed his hand unto her chin and sigh before putting his lips unto her's, finally kissing her.

It was so sweet that it was as if Kris doesn't want to break it anymore. Finally, what seems like eternity, their lips parted and both had a smile at the end of their first kiss. 

 

"I love you." Kris uttered, kissing her temples.

"I..love you too." She smiled.

 

Author's note

Minna-san! I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for supporting this fanfic! Your words and comments are very encouraging! ^^~ Though this fic was short(actually, it really meant to be short but the chapter limit extended), I still want to thank you all ^^~ Bye everyone!