Coming Back

A Friend's Love Story

Kris smiles at the end of time span he had read a message on his phone on a one fine morning. It was Chaeyeon, on her usual daily routine waking alarm text mesage. He admits he feels good that they were again back to normal. Another ring came from his phone, he assume it was again Chaeyeon.

 

His grin subsides when he saws that his thoughts were wrong. The sender wasn't registered from his phonebook, and it's getting him suspicious.

 

To: Kris

Oppa, come back to me~

From: [Unregistered number]

 

He can fully imagine the sender was flirting to him. He heaves a sigh and just ignores the message. Maybe it was one from the wrong send messages, after all. He then stands and did his daily morning routine.

 

---

 

Kris bought two coffees, obviously the one is for Chaeyeon. When he was about to go on her area, his footsteps stops when he had saw a person stading infront of her. It wasn't late when the figure is getting definite to his eyes, it was their boss, Minjae.

 

Minjae stands infront of her, having a hold on a document then extends his arms to give it to Chaeyeon. It was rare for him to give a document to an employee personally. Tritely, he would be asking fo his assistant to give it to the employee. But looks like there was an excemption for Chaeyeon.

 

Minjae was starring intensely at Chaeyeon, although Chaeyeon wasn't even glancing at him. Minjae smiles, without Chaeyeon's knowledge. They both were incognizant that they were stared at, by Kris. Minjae tells something to Chaeyeon which wasn't quite audible to Kris' ears. It was obvious that Minjae was flirting to her. 

 

Kris leaves the area, he doesn't know why he's being insecure about Minjae. He doesn't know why he detest seeing them both. One of his officemate walks pass to him, and Kris randomly gives the coffee to him, that was suppose to give to Chayeon. His officemate just stared at him quizically and scratch the back of his neck.

 

---

 

At lunch, Chaeyeon and Kris together with Chaeyeon's two bestfriend who were also her officemates gather outside for a lunch. Soomi, one of her bestfriends, twirl her spaghetti then took a stare on Chaeyeon.

 

"So, you think we didn't know about how Mr. Lee flirting on you, right?" She giggled.

 

Suddenly, Kris choke in his coffee by the call of  'Mr. Lee flirting'. He even doesn't know why he suddenly choked. Chaeyeon then came grabbing a tissue then give it to him. 

 

"Aish, such a kid!" She hissed, looking at Kris. Kris just smiled in return. They both took their attention back at the topic.

 

"He even give the documents to her personally which was quite strange since he always asked his assistant fot it. You're so lucky! He's a very good-looking and smart CEO." Heeyeon utter a strident squeal. Kris rolls his eyes this.

"Aish, guys stop it! Minjae and me are just friends--" Chaeyeon was cut-off by Soomi.

"You even call him just Minjae, huh!" Soomi added. Chaeyeon rolls her eyes.

"Ok, Mr. Lee! We're just friends, ok?!" 

 

Whilst they were amiably chatting, a figure walks unto their direction. Four of them stops at their businesses to look who might be the person. It was none other than, Minjae.

 

"Excuse me, girls. May I excuse Ms. Lee Chaeyeon just this time, if it's alright with you?"

"Excuse me, I'm here too. I bet your eyes only see girls." Kris nonchalantly says, while his arms folded on his chest.  Minjae just ignored her.

 

"So, this is what we call 'friends', huh?" Heeyeon lend Chaeyeon's ear to say this.

"Shut up! You little!" Chaeyeon hushed. Heeyeon then pulled her off.

 

"Ok, we approve!" Both Heeyeon and Soomi agreed. Before Kris could ever retort, Chaeyeon and Minjae was  already gone.

 

"Hey, isn't my opinion important, too?" Kris complained.

 

"Someone is jealous~" Soomi sang.

"I'm not!" Kris groaned.

"No matter what you say, it's obvious, ok?" She then countered.

 

Kris sighed a deep sigh, getting up to leave. Both of them just chuckled.

 

"Looks like Chaeyeon's lovelife is going to be exciting!" Heeyeon squawked.

"Yeah, both are good looking." Soomi added. 

 

Meanwhile, Kris again received another message from this unregistered number again.

 

To: Kris

Oppa, why won't you come back to me? Don't you miss me?

From: [Unregistered number]

 

Kris doesn't like the fact that he receives messages from an unknown messenger, it's getting him suspicious. While he was walking, he saw Chaeyeon and Minjae on the way. Minjae kept on smiling at the sight of her. Kris just rolled his eyes without even him knowing the reason.

 

*I think I'm getting crazy. I even don't know why I'm being like this.* He thought.