The Double Date

A Friend's Love Story

"Oppa, can we meet-up? Please!" It was Sunhee's voice mail to Kris. Kris was just procrastinating on his house, doing nothing at all. He didn't actually went on his work due to his peculiar mood.

He doesn't know what's the reason for his sudden demeanor, but one thing's for sure, it give a shock to him the moment he knew about Chaeyeon and Minjae.

 

He released a sigh of a fret, it suddenly hit him that he might lost Chaeyeon little by little. He's aware that he was just Chaeyeon's bestfriend, but why it's making him worried that much about that matter? He's completely lost at the moment. 

 

He then grab his coat then spruce up himself. He will about to meet up Sunhee. He doesn't like the idea of it, but he just need to divert his attention to something else so that he can stay away from thinking about Chaeyeon.

The thought of Chaeyeon meeting up Minjae just makes him go crazy at the same time vexing about it.

 

---

 

Sunhee then wave from far distance. She stood on a near post on a park. She has her hair down impeccably, evidently it took her a long time on prepairing it up by it's curls on the end. Kris also noticed her skin looks smoother and how it glows.

Offcourse, her smile never failed to makes him smile too. Kris then stroll his legs going through her direction then stood beside her.

 

"You look beautiful, today." He divulge, not taking his eyes off her's. She responded by a smile. It suddenly struck to Kris the idea of Chaeyeon meeting Minjae, does she glow like this infront of Minjae? He sighed.

"What's wrong, oppa?"

"Nothing. Why you want to meet me up suddenly?"

"Nothing, I just missed you. And I just want to tell something.."

"What is it?"

"Oppa, I know I became a bad girlfriend for you before. I was blinded by my fame that I didn't take notice I was loosing you slowly. But distance makes me realized something.. I still love you. I know I'm putting myself on a shame, but can we start all over again?"

 

At first, Kris starred at her in confusion. But looking through her sincere eyes, makes him think she was sincere on what she just said. Kris then pulled her into a hug.

 

"Oppa?"

"Yes, we will start all over again." Kris then gazed at her eyes starightly then pulled her into a kiss. Though, he can tell there wasn't any affection like before on their kiss. He then pulled her off, anticipating for a new start.

 

---

 

The sun was setting down. Kris and Sunhee decided to go on a date. Without their knowledge, Chaeyeon and Minjae was also heading out on the same restaurant. While Kris and Sunhee was busily choosing up for a dish, two figures came right infront on the entrance. Kris didn't mind the persons, but it had grasp Sunhee's attention.

 

Suddenly, gaped open upon the sight. It was Chaeyeon with a guy Sunhee couldn't really recognized. Sunhee tap Kris, adverting his attention to her.

Prior to that, Kris already explained to Sunhee that he, himself and Chaeyeon was just pretending to be a couple when he want to break-up to her.(See chapter 1)

 

"Oppa, look! It's Chaeyeon with a guy! Is he her boyfriend?" Sunhee asked, still having her eyes glued on the figures. Kris then shifted his gaze on the direction. He's not really comfortable looking at it.

"That's Minjae. Her boyfriend."

"Oh great! I'm calling her up! Unnie!"

"Sunhee--" Kris tried to forbear her from calling up Chaeyeon but too late. Before he knew it, Chaeyeon and Minjae already stood before his eyes.

 

Chaeyeon give Kris a 'what's-the-meaning-of-this' look, gesturing for an explanation on what was currently happening. Kris just whispered to her that he would be telling it later. 

 

"Oppa, didn't you see it? It's a great opportunity for us to have a double date!" She smiled, holding unto Kris' arms. It looks like she was the only one being happy about the idea.

 

Chaeyeon saw the intimacy between them, she instantly knew they get back already. She awkwardly looked away, she doesn't know why she can't look at them with ease.

Sunhee called on a waiter for some extra chairs for Chaeyeon and Minjae. She was serious about having a double date.

 

"Unnie, sit. And you too." Sunhee motioned for the chair. The total atmosphere around them was awkward. Sunhee took the blank space to talk first, filling up the awkward atmosphere.

"Unnie, I assume you still doesn't have any introductions to your companion." Sunhee calmly said, Chaeyeon just let out a small chuckle. 

"She's not my companion, she's my boyfriend." Chaeyeon's eyes accidentally fall at Kris while she was saying it. They both looked away.

"Hi, I'm Chaeyeon's boyfriend! Minjae-imnida." Minjae flash his familiar million-dollar-smile.

"I'm Kris' oppa's boyfriend, Sunhee." She smiled. They exchanged jokes afterwards. It looks like they were getting along with each other. Kris kept on glancing at Chaeyeon whenever Sunhee and Minjae are talking.

 

Finally, the waiter came in, asking for their orders.

 

"I want Sautéed Shrimp Scampi for the main dish. And Mint Green Ice Cream for the dessert. That's for oppa too." It was actually Sunhee's personal favorites.

 

Kris was slightly taken aback about Sunhee making a move without even his permission. She even doesn't know he was allergic with shrimps and how he detest mint ice creams.

Chaeyeon was just starring at him, reading Kris' expression. Chaeyeon knew Kris wasn't pleased about it. But before Kris could complain, somebody speak up.

 

"Sunhee, he's allergic to shrimps. He also doesn't like mint ice cream. Let him choose for his ownself." Chaeyeon spoke up. 

"Oh oh, sorry oppa. I didn't know." Her head down low in shame.

 

"I want some Shellfish Pasta and some Rocky Road Ice Cream for the dessert." Kris uttered then folded the menu.

"Me too, I'm getting Shellfish Pasta and Panettone Bread Pudding for the dessert." Chaeyeon spoke. Kris glanced at Chaeyeon and smiled. Shellfish was both Kris and Chaeyeon's favorite since they always ate it when they were out for an outdoor activity. 

 

Sunhee notice Kris smiling at her and how their orders are the same. She knew she was jumping to conclusions but she just can't help not to be pleased about it. She pulled off her thoughts and wait patiently.

 

"I want Microbrew Battered Fish and Chips with some Mint Green Ice Cream, please." Minjae then ordered. Minjae was quite fond of eating Mint green ice cream which seized up Sunhee's interest. They then chatted once again as if they really get along so pretty well.

 

The orders came, lightening up everyone's mood. The smell of the dishes wafted on the air. Kris saw many small tomatoes on his dish. He knew Chayeon loves to eat tomatoes so he take off the small tomatoes and put it on Chaeyeon's dish.

 

"Yah!" Chaeyeon softly shrieked. He kept on putting tomatoes on her dish. It wasn't late when Chaeyeon finally snapped on what he was doing, she just smiled. Kris really knows her well. 

*Aish, this boy.* Chaeyeon mentally shook her head.

 

On a cue, without Chaeyeon and Kris' knowledge, Sunhee was getting furious out of jealousy. She can't help but to feel that way. It looks like Kris was enjoying Chaeyeon's company more than her.

There was a small scrumb on the side of Chaeyeon's lips, Minjae just came wiping it off by his hands. Kris was getting uneasy by looking at the scene. 

 

"Oppa, you want me to feed you?" Sunhee sweetly asked but Kris resisted. She then felt upset about him behaving like this. Minjae cleared his throat, yielding up everyone's attention.

 

"Looks like you two really knows each other well, huh. How many years you two being as bestfriend?" Minjae asked with interesting curiosity.

"7 years." Kris replied on a haste second.

"No, it's 8! You still remember how we first met, right?" Chaeyeon corrected and retorted.

 

The two kept on arguing about that matter as if it was really a big deal to them. If you would look closely, they look as if they were a couple, arguing about a small thing. 

 

"Ok, we understand you two knows each other pretty well. But it's not a big deal, really." Sunhee was starting to get piss already.

"It is!" They screeched in unison. To them it was a big deal because it was a remarkable thing for them.

 

"Oh well, maybe a double date wasn't a good idea afterall." Sunhee then stand up then leave the area. The three remaining were left being dumbfounded. 

 

"What's the matter on her?" Chaeyeon asked. Kris came following her outside, trying to catch her pace.