Falling In Love

A Friend's Love Story

"Chaeyeon, hurry up! Were going to be late on movies!" Kris screeched, standing still on Chaeyeon's front door.

 

Chaeyeon is hastily lacing her shoes up, but in a standing position all because of the rushness. Kris saw her so he came approach her without any second thought. Kris saw how her face deforms into a frown because she was struggling. He knelt down until he finally reaches the shoe.

 

"Hey! What are you doing?" Chaeyeon is oblivious on any idea Kris had in mind. He doesn't utter any reply and continue on what he plans to do. He tied the laces gingerly for her. Before Chaeyeon could even say a word, she saw her laces being tied neatly by him. 

"Th.. tha.. thanks." She stuttered. She doesn't know why she's stuttered on her words, but there's a certain thing playing on her stomach. A thing she can't even comprehend. 

"Let's go." He mandates. 

 

While Kris walks, Chaeyeon was on the back of him, clutching her throbbing and pumping heart. *What's on me?*

 

---

 

Chaeyeon is popping a popcorn inside from their leftover snacks on the movies while walking side by side with Kris. They finally reconcile and decided not to brought up that incident. But something's strange on her, everytime she was with him, she felt her heart hummering, so much that she couldn't hide her smile.

 

Kris was telling a story from a day on his work that made Chaeyeon crack and guffawed loud. But her smile instantly fades when she saw a couple walking ahead of them. The boy's back profile was familiar to her. After a few seconds of starring, she finally figured out who is he. It was Minjae happily chatting with his girl.

 

Chaeyeon felt a painful pang stuck inside of her. Undoubtedly, she hasn't still recover and still felt the pain when she sees him. "Why did you suddenly went silent, Chaeyeon? Is there a problem?" Kris asked her with this apparent worry painted on his face. "Nothing.." Her eyes fell, can't take to look at Minjae with a girl anymore. 

 

"I know you have." His arms deflated. 

 

---

 

Chaeyeon sat on a table on a nearby small restaurant. Kris was just following whenever she wants to go. The small restaurant was covered by a big blue tent and a number of wooden long rectangular tables. Outside, the moon emerged under the chilly night. Kris then quizically glanced at her, something's wrong about her demeanor and she doesn't tell him yet why. A waiter with a blue apron came unto them, asking for their orders. 

 

"One bottle of soju, please." She ordered.

"Chaeyeon, didn't I tell you not to drink?" He worriedly asked.

"Just follow my order, please." She said this to the waiter. The waiter immediately dashed it's feet unto the counter.

"Chaeyeon, what's the problem on you?"

"It's completely none of your business."

 

Kris taken aback on her answer. He didn't expect it would came out from . 

 

"Chaeyeon." He sternly called.

"I'm sorry Kris, it just came out just like that.. I'm just.." She was cut-of by him.

 

Kris doesn't really care anymore on what she said, but what he worries the most is how she acts is quite alarming. So, he's trying to understand because he knew it just came out from because she's been struggling about a certain problem. So, instead of wrath that he suppose to feel, his heart was filled with anxiousness.

 

Finally, the waiter came with a tray consist of a bottle of soju and two small drinking glass. The waiter lay the contents with wary motions he could ever have. Chaeyeon poured the beverage on her glass but when it already filled her glass, Kris grab it to drink it.

 

"Kris.. just let me even just this once.." 

 

Whenever she pleaded something on him, Kris couldn't even resist. He watched as she sips every glass of soju while tears slowly forming on her eyes. "Chaeyeon, what's wrong?"

 

"I never seen him as happy as that when he's with me.. Kris, what's something about her that lacks on me?" She was sobbing while sniffling slightly. And for several seconds, Kris was in deep thought thinking about who might be he's pertaining to. He finally held a good grasp on what she was saying. It was Minjae.

 

"You must have been like him that much, right?" 

"But he does'n't like me as much as I am." 

"But I like you more than he does." He suddenly spat, but when he turn his head on her, he saw she was already sleeping.

 

Kris caressed her hair softly. "Chaeyeon wouldn't really look at me as much as he look at Minjae."

"Minjae does'nt know how special you are." He added.

"I love you, Chaeyeon. I wish you could look at me like how you look at Minjae." He kissed the top of her hair. 

 

Wihout his complete knowledge, Chaeyeon wasn't really sleeping.

And she heard all what Kris had just said.

 

Auhor's note

What will Chaeyeon feel on his confession? Will she get mad or will her feelings turn back what Kris feels for her? Check out on next chapters! (I sound something like someone form TV xD) Btw, this is the scond to the last chapter in this fic meaning the next chapter will be the final one ;) So stay tune :)