Kiss In The Rain

A Friend's Love Story

Chaeyeon held a plastic bag full of sojus, sodas and other alcoholic beverages. She just came out on a convenience store. She really isn't an alcoholic-addict person but she's just too desperate to wash away all her frustrations.

 

It so happen that Kris saw her on his way out. He snap at his deep thought when he saw a figure walking on the direction infront of him, it was Chaeyeon. His piercing eyebrows furrowed at the sight of what he suppose she was holding. He took a step in precipitous steps to approach her. He was facing her back, when he finally reached her, he took her wrist just to stop her.

 

"Chaeyeon, what are you doing?" He sternly asked, but on the deep inside of him he was so worried.. alot. Chaeyeon finally turn her head to him and her eyes looks so sad and sullen. Kris softened so he take off his grip to her's.

"I just gave a resignation letter." She weakly chuckled and fakely smiled. Kris stare at her in agony.

 

He couldn't contain his feelings anymore so why he pulled her into a tight embrace in a abrupt second. It was so tight that it was as if he wouldn't let her go. Chaeyeon is trying her all best to pull herself from him. 

 

"No, don't do this.. Don't pity me, I don't want to cry.." She was saying this but little by little her tears were forming. Kris then tightened his hug and Chaeyeon was crying to his chest.

 

For a long span of time, they stayed in that position. But then when Chaeyeon already stop crying, she let go off herself. She wipe her tears and face Kris and force a genuine smile. She raised up her plastic bags and chuckled.

 

"It would be a waste if we would not drinking this." She says. She spun around and walked. Kris followed her pace on her back but imediately went on her side. They were walking now side by side.

 

Chaeyeon opens up a can of beer but when she was about to drink it, Kris's hands blocked her. Chaeyeon starred at him, puzzled. Kris grab the can from her and immediately drink it for himself.

 

"Yah! You little!" She vociferated.

"You shouldn't have drink it, it's not for you." Kris says then look away.

 

He seized the plastic bag from her and dig something inside. When he finally found what he was finding, he offered it to Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon read the label and it was just a lemon soda. Even if she wears a bewildered face, she ended up accepting it.

 

She then sip on her drink but immediately stop on her tracks when she notices Kris was starring at her.

 

"What now?"

"Sodas fit you. I don't like seeing you drinking beers." He smiled. For Chaeyeon, it was more of a tease since he was really making her confuse.

"Why?"

"Because you can't." He teased and laughed at his own humor. Chaeyeon lightly hit his arms. Everytime Kris was with Chaeyeon he could only laugh like this which is very rare when you see him with other people.

 

But deep of his inside thoughts, he does't want to see Chaeyeon drinking beers because he knew Chaeyeon wasn't a big drinker and he grew worried whenever she attempts to drink. Kris was spacing out too much when he notices Chaeyeon was already block way from him.

 

He stride along the streets just so to follow him but right away stop on his tracks when he notices small raindrop forming on the tip of his head. People start to shield themselves and run away from the rain, that's when Kris thought that the rain was getting heavy.

 

Kris immediately take his sweaters off just so he can cover himself as well as Chaeyeon from the rain.

But, he saw Chaeyeon played around like a little rain enjoying the rain.

 

"Yah! You'll catch a cold in there!" 

 

Chaeyeon's arms deflated. "This ahjusshi ages really fast." She shooked her head, mumbling words Kris couldn't really hear. Kris walked up to her and ruffled her hair.

 

"Ok ok, you win." He chuckles.

 

Chaeyeon again did what she was doing awhile ago. She splash the water as if she was a kid. She knelt down and engrossed on something on the ground.

 

"Yah, what are you doing?"

"Playing, can't you see?" She chuckles. Kris knew that even though she smiles, there's still tiny bits of gloominess on her eyes. 

 

He then knelt down from his tall height and grab her hands. Chaeyeon turn her head into her right only to see Kris being this centimeters apart and her hands were still grab by him. She felt an electricity running down through her system. She abruptly took her hands away.

 

"Don't play with it, you'll get germs." He worriedly instructs. She stood up and dusted her clothes.

 

She played on the rain, running freely. For a long moment of time, Kris was just starring at her, happy to see her smiles put back again on her face. 

 

"Chaeyeon.." He calls.

 

Chaeyeon spun around, only to be kissed by him. Her soft lips landed unto him. Her eyes widened in shock, didn't really expect this would happen. She was trying to let go from the grip but Kris' kisses wouldn't let her. A couple of moments later, Chaeyeon had a chance to let go from the kiss. She then released herself from him.

 

*Slap*

 

A slap went across Kris' face from Chaeyeon. A tear slid down her face and she wore an exasperated face, leaving a very dumbfounded Kris.

 

*Stupid me.. I shouldn't have done that.* He thought, watching her retrieving figure diminishes from his sight. He felt like he just lost the whole world.