Truth

A Friend's Love Story

Kris followed Sunhee outside. Panting, he stop on his tracks when he finally saw Sunhee's back. He bent down a bit and grasp for some air. Sunhee noticed someone was on her back so she spun around, seeing Kris right before her eyes. Not so long, Kris stand straightly and regain his composure.

 

"What are you doing here?"

"I think I should be the one who'll ask that question, why did you left us there?"

"Do I have to tell the reason, isn't still obvious for you?"

 

Kris paused for a momentarily pause then gazed at her softly. For him, Sunhee wasn't that elusive to understand.

 

"You're jealous, aren't you?"

 

Sunhee just starred faraway at blank space, feeling slightly flustered. Kris step closier to her then grab her hand.

 

"Sunhee, she was just my bestfriend and you are my girlfriend. You shouldn't be bothered about it." Kris was fixing the strand of her hair behind her ear. Still being stubborn, Sunhee wouldn't look at him.

 

"Sunhee, do you think I gave you a second chance just to make you jealous?"

"Offcourse not, oppa." Finally she took a glance on Kris and softened. She can't contain her feelings anymore so why she threw herself to his arms. They both intimately embracing on each other's arms.  

 

Obliviously, they didn't take notice that Chaeyeon was just block away from them. Chaeyeon accidentally eavesdrop and heard on their conversation.

 

"Chaeyeon, he's right. He's just your bestfriend, you're feelings shouldn't be right." Chaeyeon murmured, more to her own self. She then stride back going to the restaurant, carrying his heavy heart as if he was freighting a heavy cargo with her. 

 

---

 

Chaeyeon came back on the restaurant where they previously ate. She found Minjae having a phone call to someone.

 

"Yes, I'll meet you later after this." Minjae muttered on the other line. When he finally sees Chaeyeon's figure coming, his eyes travelled and ended up the phone call in precipitation.

"Who's that?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Uhhh.. just a client wanting to have a meeting after this."

"At this late? Are you sure?" She's getting suspicious about it, though she thinks she shouldn't have.

"Yeah, yeah. He just need to inform me really something confidential that's why he wants to meet me up personally." He wouldn't look at her. Chaeyeon has still have many questions on her mind but she stop bothering about it anymore.

"Uhh, so I think you should get going now, right?"

"Oh, yeah right. Hehe. Thanks though." He stands up, kiss her cheek then dashed away in a haste.

 

*Something's not right on here.* Chaeyeon thought.

 

---

 

After Chaeyeon's work, she decided to go to a mall to buy some of her necessities. So soon, she finished buying those stuffs smoothly and she was just strolling around the mall, without definite route, just where her foot brought her. She found herself landed on a gift shop. 

 

There was a blue watch placed infront, reflecting on the mirror glass of the shop. There was also a sign saying "New Arrival", indicating it was a newly merchandise from the shop. Chaeyeon notice how Minjae loves blue and how he has many collection of watches. He then entered the shop, without any further ado.

 

The shop was dazzling and cozy, it was wrap up with yellow lights making it very winsome on it's appearance. (A.N.: Just imagine the shop on Infinite's White Confession MV). She was so giddy to buy the watch so she bought the watch without any wasting of time.

 

Still the same smile not being tear off her face, she carry the small box with her own hands then slid it inside her bag. Just then, when she was already outside the shop with this smile, two figures coincidentally trode infront of her, making her whole heart shuttered into pieces.

 

The girl was clinging on the man's arm, having a glimpse on the shop ahead of her. While the boy, already known Chaeyeon's presence, his eyes were big so as Chaeyeon.

It was Minjae with another girl. 

 

Chaeyeon can already feel some small tears beginning to fall, but she tries to supress it with all her best. When the girl finally notices Minjae's strange demeanor, she inocently asked.

 

"Oppa, who is she?"

 

Minjae attempts to talk, but Chaeyeon already did the move.

 

"He's.. he's my workmate." There was a patent pain lying behind Chaeyeon's voice. She did it to avoid any rumpus that could ever create, though she was already badly hurt that time. She looked away then bite her lower lip, stifling herself from crying on too much pain.

"Oh hi, I'm Kijoo! Her girlfriend!" The girl amicably greeted, making Chaeyeon's pain to grew bigger this time. 

"I assume you two having a great time so maybe I should just leave. It was nice meeting you two." Her voice was a little bit shaky.

"Kijoo honey, can we talk privately first?" Minjae asked Kijoo. Kijoo nodded in approval.

"Chaeyeon. I could explain." Minjae was gazing through her eyes.

"It's ok. I never seen you as happy as this while you're with me." She murmured, then she grabbed the box containing the watch then handed it to him.

"Keep it since this will be the end." Chaeyeon said softly then spun around, already tearing up with all her heart. 

 

---

 

Chaeyeon face her pillow, still tearing up. Her pillow drenched from too much tears she created. She rapidly call Kris' number.

 

Meanwhile, Kris is hanging out with Sunhee, since he wants to make-up to her. While they were laughing while playing a ball game on an arcade, Kris phone rang. He excuse himself as he walk farther this time. He unvoluntarily smiled, seeing Chaeyeon name on his phone.

 

"Kris.." Her voice was shaky and unsteady. Kris' smile immediately fades and alter into a worry.

"Chaeyeon? Are you crying? Why you're voice is like that?"

 

She didn't utter any reply but she wouldn't stop crying. For a couple of seconds, Kris was listening to her crying, making him feel double the pain as Chaeyeon.

 

"Chaeyeon, please stop crying.. I'll be there in a few, just wait for me.." Kris swore. Without any hesitations, he ask for Sunhee's consent. Sunhee was insisting at first, but she agreed anyway.

 

---

 

Kris found Chaeyeon lying on her bed, bursting out her tears on her bed. She faces her pillow, her pillow all soaked with tears. Kris shuffled forward unto her then plopped infront of her bed.

Kris remove the pillow that was being barrier and finally see her crying face. He softened, he doesn't want to see her being with this state. He finally lay on her bed, still facing her crying face.

 

"Chaeyeon, what's the problem?"

"..Minjae.." Her voice was hoarse.

"That bastard! What he did to you?" He can feel his nerves uncontrollably hardened. Chaeyeon once again lay her head on the pillow then weep on her own tears.

 

Kris again remove the pillow then put Chaeyeon's head on his own chest while caressing her hair, trying his all best to hushed her.

 

"Chaeyeon, I don't know what he did to you. But I'll always be here.."He then kissed the tip of her head. Chaeyeon was still crying non-stop on his shirt. His shirt getting soppy from her tears, but Kris didn't mind at all, he just wish that Chaeyeon would stop from crying.

 

Kris continue to caress her hair, by the hope of making her drift off to sleep. They both didn't talk, they were just quietly on that state. Only her sobs can be heard. But as the time passes, Chaeyeon could already feel her eyelids getting heavy.

 

Little by litte, she closes her eyes and off to slumber. Kris was just quietly starring at her peaceful sleeping face. Somehow, seeing her sleep makes him feel at ease and facile. 

 

"Chaeyeon, he doesn't deserve you.. You deserve better." Kris mumbles then kissed her forehead.

"I love you.." Kris suddenly spit out. He too, got shocked on what he just said. It was just now that he realized that he was already falling for her. Good thing Chaeyeon is still sleeping and didn't able to hear what he just said.

"That Minjae doesn't have any idea how lucky he is having you." He was gazing at her peaceful sleeping face.

 

Author's note

Kyaa! Didn't I told you guys that this is meant to be a short fic? Hehe~ I feel like it's getting near on the end already.. But don't worry, it will not be so soon. There's still chapters coming up!~ :D And really thanks to blodynyx for upvoting this story~ ^^

And I have a new Kiseop one-shot(actually I'm planning to add a chapter 2 on it) :)                          

Here the link > Kiseop