Victoria Song's Story

The One-Eyed Doll

QQ%25E6%258B%25BC%25E9%259F%25B3%25E6%25

 

 

Notes :  On the day of a traditional chinese wedding , the groom is to send a carriage carried by 4 people to the bride's house in order to bring her to his house . The whole way to and fro is accompanied by loud music .

Once in the house , The rituals will begin , like worshipping the heavens and earth . bowing to each other ,etc . They are expected to serve tea to the groom's parents / family members before the spokes woman , or middle man comes in to take the bride to the bridal chamber by carrying her behind her back . The bride is not allowed to let her feet touch the groud until she enters the room and in there , she is not allowed to take off the red cloth covering her head. 

So basically , she sits in there from morning to night while the groom entertains the guest , get drunk , party . When the groom comes in , he would take off the red cloth and then they are expected to exchange cups of alcohol or they might just go straight to having ual .

 

 

 

 

 

A small red carriage carried by 4 people moves along the small stone road accompanied by nothing but the sound tired breathing and lazy footsteps . Wang Fei fei officially becomes the concubin of the Li 's only son today . There is no fire crackers , no booming music , no festive welcomes and congratulations from excited crowdes , only a fat , pretentious spokeswoman full of fake smiles trudging along next to the small carriage all the way from her hometown to the entrance of the Li family's mansion .

 

When the carriage is finally lowered and sound of labored breathing louder , the spokeswoman steps in front of the carriage and gestures for Fei to climb on her back . Once inside the bridal chamber , Fei slowly gets of off the woman's back only to get a small heartattack as the fat , greasy spokeswoman shoves her face in front of her with a secretive smile and whisper quietly in her ears , " Lady Fei , you are the sixth one ! once inside the Li's house , you must be careful ! "

 

When the small carriage finally goes away after the woman silently closes the doors , Fei is left alone in the room to sit nervously on the bed .

 

Her mind keeps repeating the woman's words..Lady Fei , you are the sixth one , once inside , you must be careful !

 

What does that even mean ? Did Li already have 5 concubins ? Why do I need to be careful , is it because of the jealousy wars btween concubins?

 

At this point , Fei smiles . She's very confident in her beauty and even if she doesn't win against those concubins ,she can just live her whole life here peacefully.  She really doesn't care . What can they do to her , its not like they'll eat her up or something .

 

What does it look like outside this read cloth? She tries to see through the cloth but fails. There was nothing but a sea of blood .

 

Where is Li , why isn't he coming ? Fei feels extremely uncomfortable under the red cloth , as she prays to god he comes in quickly to take the stupid cloth away to let her breathe .

 

Two servants have already came in to change the tea , and yet , nothing is happening . She starts feeling that Li won't ever come and she would have to spend her whole life in a world of red . How she tempts to take the cloth down herself but her hands doesn't move because her mom once told her that talking the cloth off by yourself is unlucky .

 

You are the sixth one ! 

 

Fei thinks about the woman's secretive smile . You are the sixth one!

Perhaps Li is in the embrace of one of the other 5 concubins . She suddenly feels a sense of loneliness , does she really need to spend her who life alone ? 

 

At that moment , she hears sets of footsteps approaching her , very soft , very light . The footsteps sound like that of a woman , is it Li ? She looks down , from under the red cloth she sees pair of red , flower embroidered silk shoes .

 

The red shoes continues forward lightly and stops in front of her .Fei looked close enough on the shoes to see the pink petals of Peonies . It's made from some delicate handwork .

 

Who is this? One of the other concubins coming to see the new mistress ? She can feel this womans glare on her , sharp like knifes landing on her head , body , legs and feet . Fei wishes desperately that this woman would say something , even a small sound of breathing , but this woman doesn't make even the slightest sound as she stands quietly in front of her .

 

After a while , a strange thought takes over Fei's mind. Not only does this woman not speak , she also doesn't seem to be breathing . She only hears her own breathing speed up and yet this woman who's standing so close to her is not making the slightest bit of sound .

 

An idea comes up , Fei holds her breath . This way , she might be able to hear the woman's breathing , yet there is still only silence . There wasn't any sound of breathing from the woman!

 

Fei bites her lips and was just about to pull down the red cloth when another set of footsteps arrives outside her door . That must be Li ! She lets out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding and looks down again . The red shoes she just saw a moment ago is gone without a trace .

 

Her whole body turns into jelly and was just about to faint on the mattress when Li holds her up in time .

The red cloth is taken away. Fei looks around the room and notices that the rooms was extremely dim . All furnitures are old , giving off a weird sour smell . On all sides of the bed , is huge red ribbons and knots . On the very top of the bed is a big flower knot . There was absolutely no need to try to decorate the bridal chamber for all hints of festive feelings are covered by the ancient furniture .

 

Fei stops looking and focus on Li . He wasn't the ugly , greasy guys that she hated to the core.

He had a lean body acccompanied by a clean youthful face .Other than the little too pale skin color , he was quite handsome . She looks at him and thinks inwardly , this is my man , the man I will follow my whole life .

 

He sits beside her silently abd doesn't say anything .

After a while , Fei attempts to break the ice ," Why aren't you talking? “

He continues to sit there like a block of wood . There was no hint of anger , disppointment , happiness . No , nothing .

"Why aren't you saying anything? " Fei tries again.

Li abruptly stands up and moves to the back of the bed , comming back a green flowery thing .

 

When he unwarps it , Fei got the shock of her life . It was a human , no , a life size , human like doll of a woman wearing a beautiful sillk dress . She wasn't sure what the facial features were made out of but it looked real , very beautiful . The only fault is that it doesn't have a single strand of hair.

 

Why isn't there hair on this doll ? She continues down to her feet and runs dry . It's wearing the exact same shoes as the one she saw before!

Was ...did it come out by itself before Li came in?? A violent shivers runs down her spine .

 

Young master Li takes Fei's hands and places it on the doll's face . It fely like real skin . Another shiver runs down her spine , was this made out of real human skin?!

 

Li still doesn't say anything as he takes Fei's hands and places it on the bald head . It was obviously a real human head ! She sould feel the hot sweat wetting her clothes .

 

Li smiles gleefully , as he saids , " My lady needs your hair! "

 

Fei's eyes widen looking at Li place the human doll carefully on the bed and put the blankets caringly over her . He walks forward and one by one, he takes off the gold accessories on Fei's head . 

" That's right . This is exactly the hair my lady needs . My lady , your favorite! "

He looks affectionately towards the bed before slowly and lovingly wrap the long black silky hair around Fei's neck . Fei feels her hair become the dangerous snake squeezing her neck tighter and tighter . She looks at Li one more time before slowly closing her eyes.

 

She finally understands , she is the sixth concubin to become an offering for Lady Li !

 

 

 


 
 
 
" Wow , I would have never thought you could make up such amazing stories! Not bad , it derserves some applause ." Taemin closes his eyes and smiles approvingly . "I like the way she dies , getting killed by her own hair . Victoria , you have some beautiful hair ! "
 
" I liked it ." CL offers a comment .
 
 " I loved it .  but the story is so cold ." Key frowns while holding his pillow tightly .
 
" Then you make one that not cold . " Top looks at Key , " Lets see how you die .”
 
" YAH! whats this. It's not how I die . It's how the CHARACTER in my story dies ."
 
 
" AH! Someone's outside the window !! "
 
 
"AHHH!!! " Key hides behind CL .
 
 
" Haha , Tricked you! " Minzy shakes her head , " get on with your story .quick "
 
 
" You scared away my original story! Let me think of another one ." Key looks into the air in deep thought for a while before a light bulb turns on . " Ah , Let me tell you guys a story that takes place in the ancient times too . One about mistresses and concubins as well ."
 
 
" Hoho , seems like you're interested in the subjuect of concubins ! " Top chuckles . Amused .
 
 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

, hopefully this didn't drag too much and wasn't too long .

When I write something for a long time , I zone out and I don't have the time to proofread right now ...

SHINee's comeback is epic! Dream girl is my favorite dance now~ <3