Gong Minji's Story

The One-Eyed Doll

0fb81b_145f8e9fdee5664d5d97749e882a291b.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Son Ga In recently found a new apartment. The one she lived in before was too small and too far from her workplace.

 

This one is really close to her company . In fact , it's located right across the street from her office building . She lives at the 12th floor with one living room , a bedroom and a particularly big bathroom , fulfilling all her requirements and needs for an apartment .

With a big living room , she can easily organize the papers and things she brings back when she comes home at night .

 

But really , apartment being too far from her company , living room being too small , they are just excuses for why she left her previous apartment . The real and most important reason is that she recently broke up with her boyfriend .Her apartment was littered with his things , his smell , practically every  corner reminds her of him . It was suffocating . She was sure she would go crazy if she lived there one more day , so she hurriedly changed homes .

 

Luckily , right here at the center of seoul , Ga in was able to find an affortable apartment that surprisingly , wasn't as expensive as she had expected.

 

While looking at her new home ,  Ga in can't help but put on a content smile . It's a new start , a new life, Everything would be wonderful . She couldn't understand why she had spent the last 2 months dwelling in depression .

 

After finishing her her late shift , Son ga in takes out her cell phone to check the time . It's almost nine  .

 

she notices a new text message that she had been to busy with work to notice . Opening her text , only one number apears on the screen ..the number 13 .

 

Thats strange , what in the world is the 13 supposed to mean? What a stupid joke .

 

By the time she exits the main entranc of her office building , the sky has turned visibly darker . Ga in crosses the streat and enters her apartment .

 

She practically drags herself towards the elevator. For some reason , she feels extremely tired today , the kind of fatigue she has never felt before . Good thing her apartment is so close to her office now . If not , she has no idea how she could've had the strength to take a 2 hour bus ride home. It would most likely be crowded with people like her who works far from home .

 

Son Ga In lightly pushes the arrow pointing up causing it to light up in a bright red color and drowsily lifts her head to look at the numbers that changes continuously .

 

13 , 12 , 11 , 10 , 9......... 

 

She felt like she has waited a long time already before the numbers reached one and the doors opens with a light ding~

 

She steps into the elevator and almost ran into someone's chest .

 

Her face heats up , and a light pink color spreads on her cheeks as she steps back in embarrassment . She looks up to see a young man wearing a long black coat , and black shades looking at her with amusement .

 

" I'm so sorry ." Ga in hurriedly apologizes .

" Aren't you coming in ? " The young man seems to have smiled a bit , still looking amused.

" Aren't you getting out ? " Ga in smiles at the young man .

 

The young man shakes his head a little and Ga in steps into the small room .

She reachs her hands to press one of the numbers only to accidentally touch an ice cold hand .

 

This hand is so cold ! Ga In pulls her hands back politely asks the young man , " Please press 12 .Thank you ."

 

The elevator starts moving , she starts feeling uncomfortable . She doesn't know why but the young man's body seems to give off a weird smell , perhaps some popular perfume ?

 

She peeks at him from the corner of her eyes. How strange , why does he keeps smiling ? In the blink of an eye , that mysterious smile suddenly disappears ,or maybe we can say , that smile was never there .

 

The little hairs on her neck starts standing and her heart beats a little faster . why is the elevator so slow today , why is it still not at the 12th floor yet?! She frantically looks at the door .

 

"We're here !" The young man whispers next to her hears with a low voice .

" Oh." Son Ga In's heart starts pounding harshly at her chest as she sees a red number light up.

 

13!

 

Thats right! The elevator started coming down from the 13th floor . Her fault for zoning out and not noticing sooner .

 

But Ga In knows , she lives on the top floor , this building only has 12 floor! Her eyes widens in horror , too terrified to move.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day , Son Ga In's body was found in the middle of the road next to her apartment with her head smashed open .

 

The strange part is , she never returned to her room , nor did she fall down from the roof top , because the elevator never moved that night.

.

.

Then , the question is ,  from where did she fall from?

 

 

The landlord of the apartment turns around to leave the crowd , not one person heard what he said next  –  

" It's the ghost .  Its the exact same thing that happened to a young man who lived here about a year ago!"

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

" This must be a lonely male ghost looking for a girlfriend! " Top exclaims with an exaggereated headshake .

 

" Oh god ! Next time , if you see a man , especially one wearing black clothes or black shades in  an elevator , don't step in! " CL stops to touch her head a little ,"If this thing smashes open , it's not a funny matter."

 

"I just made this up . I'm not really good at telling stories, the atmosphere was lacking . I didn't even scare you guys." Minzy laughs while continuing , " But since , we are hearing this at night , it probably had effect more or less ."

 

"Who says no one is scared! " Victoria points at key  ," Look at this person , he's so scared he can't speak anymore. "

 

Key's face looks pale , " People said , you shouldn't tell stories like this at night , what if we attract something unclean...."

 

" Today we must attract someyhing unclean . This will make everything so much more thrilling !" Lee taemin continues, " 3 stories already .Top , Victoria , Key , who's next? Victoria,you start first! "

 

Key and Victoria exchanges a look , both didn't utter a word.

 

TOP claps his hands and said , " Ok! I'll tell the next story . I want to tell a story that makes you sleepless and you girls scared to find boyfriends "

 

" You took Victoria's spot " Taemin looks at T.O.P , " don''t regret it "

 

This sentence is a little strange , but no one noticed .