Hallucination

The One-Eyed Doll

 

Hearing the sounds of footsteps at the door,Amber looked up. A doctor walked in along with a man who looked somewhere around 20 to26 years old.

" Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kang Daesung ,please call me Daesung if you prefer. I'm from Seoul police department." The man bowed to amber politely before glancing at Key who laid silently on the plain white bed.His eyes were shut tightly ,face as pale as white wax.

The doctor bowed slightly to the two and walked out silently.

Daesung sat down, turning around to focus on Amber,"I'm here to talk to you and Kim Kibum about Lee Chaerin's car accident."

Amber turned around to look at Key, " CL and Key were roommates as well as great friends. Yesterday,Key and I were watching CL perform on the streets.At first,Key wanted to go home but later on said he wanted to stay and wait for CL. We were waiting for her at the sidewalk  when suddenly a car rushed by ,and we....we...with our own eyes saw CL......things happened so fast we didn't see the car number.Thats about it."

 

Daesung thought about it a little before asking," Performing on the streets like that isn't something to be proud of .Usually those who do, wouldn't want anyone to know,you two could've just left silently,why did you need to wait for CL?"

 

Amber adjusted the blankets.She was silent for a while before she finally answered,"Because Key felt that CL would be in danger."

Daesung's expression started showing hints of interest ," Why would he have felt that way?"

"At the performance,he continuously claimed to have seen a white figure behind CL." answered Amber.

"Has Key experienced some sort or trauma or shock?" questioned Daesung

Amber nodded ,"Yes,a week ago,a boy in their dorm suicided."

"Suicide..?" Daesung shook his head,"Why did our police station not receive any information on the incident? Does this boy suiciding have anything to do with CL getting into a car accident?"

 

" Yes,it's quite hard to believe but this is real. Last week,out of boredom,they each told a death related story and then played Pen spirit with a mask hiding their faces. The pen apparently fell and according to the legend,if it fell before they called away the spirit,the spirit will never leave, and everyone who was part of the game will have horrible things happen to them.

That night the first to suggest playing the game ,Lee Taemin went to the school's forbidden lake and suicided.When they found him ,the mask he wore that night was also there and if I remembered correctly,CL ,whose story was related to some car accident also coincidentally got into a car accident,and..."

 

 

Amber thought back to the scene of CL's death and involuntarily let a shiver run down her back," And her broken hand  held what I guess is the mask she wore when she played pen spirit !"

 

Another load has been added to Daesung's stress.

After rubbing his temples,he stood up," If by any chance,Key wakes up,please call me." he took a name card out of his black coat pocket and handed it to Amber ," The number on the top."

"Sure,got it." Amber accepted the white rectangular piece of paper.

 

 

***

 

At the same time in KS high's Dorm C ,the remaining students of room 201 , Gong Minji,Choi Seunghyun ,Victoria Song all received Amber's text messages and knew about how CL died from a car accident the night before. That is the reason all 3 of them,who had been outside doing different things rushed back as fast as they could to meet at the dorm.

 

"First it's Taemin,now it's CL ,both died the exact same way the characters in their stories died!" Victoria's happy and cheerful face was morphed into a terrified one," So the whole Pen spirit's wrath thing is real?"

"Oh god ! If that's true then according to my story,my head will be chopped off by someone?" Top covered his mouth,eyes nervous and scared.

 

"Yah! Stop saying such unlucky things!" Minzy interrupted," It's all just a coincidence."

" Coincidence! You actually believe this is all just coincidence?!" TOP yelled in disbelief.

"Taemin suicided because of the fight with Krystal,then what about CL? She doesn't even have a boyfriend,why would she kill herself !" Victoria asked Minzy.

 

"Who knows if she does or not.Don't you guys think she's been acting weird this half of the year? She used to spend her weekends in the dorm,now? There are no traces of her during weekends." Minzy argues.

 

"She once told me that she stays at her aunt's ." said Victoria.

"Then why didn't she live at her aunt's house before? why did an aunt suddenly come into the picture........" Minzy was cut off

"Maybe her aunt moved into Seoul this half of the year." TOP interrupted," and so what if Chaerin had a boyfriend? Not everyone who's in a relationship suicides!"

".........." all of a sudden,Minzy had nothing to say ,still she stubbornly said ," I don't care,I just won't believe in some supernatural ."

 

At that moment,Krystal walked in ,"Yesterday was CL's birthday.From what I know ,she had some a huge mansion bought for her by a really rich guy.Oh and that guy had a wife too."

Three sets of Jaws fell at the same time ," How do you know?"

 

"Taemin and I got curious an followed her.A men with an expensive car drove up next to her ,and she got in.We immediately took a taxi and tailed after their car and arrived at a huge mansion.She spends all her weekends there."

"WHAT?!" TOP and Victoria both exclaimed simultaneously.

 

Minzy looked at them all smug," See,this is the answer ,CL fell in love with a married man who chose his wife over her at her birthday.And so,out of anger,she rushed into a coming car."

Krystal shook her head immediately," It's definitely not that simple."

 

"Of course it's not that simple." right then,Daesung walked in with Choi Minho followed suit ," Krystal,I'm afraid you'd have to follow me to the police station."

All three roommates stood there ,mouth open, watching them exit the door.

 

***

And so, after some research,Daesung found out that the last person to call Taemin was Krystal. But that night ,Amber was at her apartment ,playing cards with Krystal the whole night and only went to get some sleep when the sky was brightening. Amber went to school right away when the clock rang while Krystal stayed at home and didn't want to go anywhere because of the fight with Taemin.

 

Krystal had an alibi .There were simply no evidence whatsoever that she could've played a part in Taemin's death and so the police could only let her go.

Daesung also talked to Teddy and had him explain what happened that day. He solidified the facts that that night had been CL's birthday, but he had chosen to visit his parent's house with his  wife than to celebrate with CL.

"I never thought,never could've imagined that just because of this,she would......." tears began falling down. Regret,sadness,guilt ,heartbreak,they were all evident on his face.

Daesung looked at the man that was breaking down in front of him ,he had seen CL's pictures. It was such a pity that such a beautiful and talented girl who had such a bright future in front of her would end her own life for an . It's not worth it.

 

Finally,after investigations and research on Taemin and CL's deaths ,it was concluded that both were suicides ,they had simply killed themselves the same way their characters died ,so that perhaps,those who were living would forever remember them.

 

As for the masks that suddenly disappeared,CL must've taken them,picked out her own and got rid of the rest.

 

Knowing the conclusion,SM,YG,JYP relaxed. If the conclusion was murder,the school's reputation would be ruined and that's way too much money to lose.

Krystal would not believe that Taemin suicided.

Right after she got out of the police station,she went straight to the hospital Key's staying in.

 

"How is Key?" she asked when she saw Amber in the hallway.

Amber smiled,"They say his mental health is unstable so he has to stay here for a while."

 

When they entered the room,they were greeted by Kim Jonghyun's cheerful "Hey!"

"What are you doing here?" Krystal looked him up and down as she asked.

"Jessica wants me to make sure you're okay,Amber's my cousin so I should look after her,and Key's my best friend. Of course I'm here!" he grinned.

Amber shrugged as she asked,"So..has he gotten any better around you?"

"Well....he wouldn't talk to me" he shifted his body so both of them can walk through.

 

Key was wearing one of those boring white hospital gowns,sitting quietly beside the window. He showed no reaction when Amber and Krystal walked in.

Krystal looked at Amber and Jonghyun before walking toward Key.Even then,Key didn't react at all.His mouth continuously moving as if whispering to something or someone that none of them can see.

Krystal stopped next to him and went silent,listening to his whispers carefully.

The words that came out of his mouth was," I saw him,I saw him....."

 

Key slowly turned around,eyes staring at Krystal intently as if he didn't recognize Krystal ,and then he smiled ,"I saw him! "

 

Krystal stood there looking at Key,Shocked to the core. It's just been a few days ,but Key has lost a lot of weight , his skin showed no hint of blood,so pale it was scary.  The once beautiful flawless skin,high cheekbones,bow shaped lips.....they were all replaced by a sight almost to horrifying to look at.

But that wasn't anything compared to how much his eyes changed. The eyes that used to sparkle with confidence and life , was now glazed,empty , as if he wasn't fully in the world. Dark black circles laid under his eyes while his eye balls refused to move. He even needed to lift his whole head up just to look at someone.

 

"Who is he?" Krystal squatted down near Key and looked into his eyes. Could the "he" that key kept on saying be the murderer ?

Key didn't answer.He simply turned around  to stared at his own reflection on the window pane.Tiny bits of laughter escaped his mouth.His shoulders shook violently as he fell off the chair,onto the floor and scooted all the way back against the wall facing the window . His shaking hands pointed at his own reflection as he cried," Vampire! Blood er! She's coming!"

Amber quickly ran to him and held him as tight as she can,"Key,It's me.Amber."

Key stopped and laid his head on her shoulders,body unable to stop shaking.

 

Krystal turned to look at a scared Jonghyun ,"That night,the mask she was wearing was the vampire mask CL bought."

"Has..has he been like this ever since he woke up?" Jonghyun asked.His eyes trained on key but question directed at Amber 

 

Amber nodded," As you know already,Key's easily scared.Taemin's incident already caused him enough shock,he kept on talking about seeing a white figure and that night,he said he saw it behind CL.Right after that CL..you know.I think the shock is way too big for him."

 

"He keeps on saying 'saw him ', who exactly is this 'him'?" Krystal asked.

Amber shook her head,"I have no idea,other than 'blood er,she's coming' . he didn't say anything else."
 

Jonghyun turned to Krystal," What do you want to know? Do you believe someone killed Taemin and CL?"

Krystal nodded.

 

Amber looked at her confused,"But..they searched the lake,there were only traces of Taemin and no one else.When CL died,I was there. Other than the white figure Keeps on saying,there weren't anybody else!I know that Taemin's death made you feel regret and guilt but....."

"Stop." Jonghyun interrupted," You said other than the white figure Key kept on talking about,there was no one else.That would mean that when CL died,you also saw the white figure too?"

Amber looked down ,thinking. When she looked up,she said," I must've been affected by Key and saw hallucinations too."

 

"You saw it!" Krystal glared.

 

"It's hallucinations." Amber repeated,sure that she's right. Just Hallucinations....

 

 

 


I didn' proofread so..srry lol.
The last chapter was horrible so I tried to do better here.

I have no idea why I can only write at night...

I even do my Essays at night O_O

 

byebye^^