Night

The One-Eyed Doll

 

 

 

 

The Pen dropped!

Oh god , they didn't send away the pen spirit in time! Each and every person sat there , too shocked to move or talk.

 

All of a sudden , loud pop music tore down the thick silence in the room , everyone visibly flinched and someone screamed. Again.

For a while , nobody dared to get up to open the lights while Taemin reached to the bed beside him to pick up his phone.

 

"Krystal." he lowered his voice to a whisper like he didn't want anyone to hear his conversation , "Its almost 1 , what do you want ? ok , no.......what?! okay , the lake. Wait for me, I'll be there as fast as I can ."

 

Taemin placed the phone on the table and stood up before heading for the light switch. The room lit up immediately allowing Taemin to see clearly the 5 people wearing masks around the table. He took a look and laughed wholeheartedly .

 

"What an interesting way to spend a boring weekend~ I need to go out for a bit , don't look the door , I'll come back really soon." he opened the door an headed out still with his mask on without waiting for an answer .

 

"Yah , Taemin , its raining right now , don't you need an umbrella?" Top yelled at the closing door.

"I'll be right back , don't worry." he closed the door an speed walked down the hall loudly without sparing anyone so much as a glance.

 

Suddenly , Key screeched , one finger pointing toward the window  " Someone's...someone's following Taemin! "

 

He immediately took off his mask after , gave it a look and got shocked again . A female vampire's face was thrown on the floor.

 

"What did you say you saw?" Cl grabbed key's hands nervously .

" S..something white..., something white was following Taemin!"  a few strands of blond hair stuck to his face messily after he ripped the mask away a few seconds ago causing him to look crazy in his hysterical state.

 

"Key , are you really scared to that degree?" Minzy took off her mask and grinned after seeing what it was," Seunghyun , you didn't let me wear your dooly at first , look, I still got him in the end~ Old pen spirit must be warning you not to be so stingy ." 

" I really saw it , it's real....I really saw a white looking figure. Long , skinny , no , not skinny , it was a long white cloth...nothing was inside but it was following Taemin." Key finished with a cold shiver and didn't dare say anything else.

 

CL sat smiling on the bed with a snow white mask on her hand , " I think the game was too much for you guys."

"Ah!" Victoria cried loudly.

"What is it now?" Minzy put down her mask and walked toward her.

Victoria stared down at a Ryuk's mask , face pale , " Why did I get the death god?"

"What kind of question is that , someone was going to get it for sure !I think Ryuk is pretty cute anyways." CL placed her mask on the table and decided to put on Ryuk's mask, "It looks nice, doesn't it !"

"Take it off !" Key glared at CL.

 

"Wow, are you really that scared?" Minzy asked ," It's just a mask."

"I saw him smile! Really! He's smiling,  his mouth wasn't like that at first, it was smaller . Now its bigger, he's grinning......" Key looked a bit insane as he continued ," The pen dropped , we didn't send away the pen spirit , disastrous misfortunes will happen to us , we're doomed !"

 

" Stop joking , key , Pen spirit is a psychological game . God , don't forget you're taking psychology too. This kind of game only scares those childish middle schoolers ." Minzy laughed at him , "If you're scared, just wrap yourself in blankets and sleep."

"She's right, its one thirty already , sleep! Don't know when Taemin will come back , should we wait for him? " CL said while taking off the white cloth , revealing black tank tops and a pair of soft , comfortable black shorts.

 

" ah~ leader , instead of showing off your killer body , how about closing the door first, who knows when he'll come back. Maybe he'll be at Krystal's house." 

 

Key opened his mouth and closed it again , he looked around at his friend's faces and then at the closed door before whispering quietly but loud enough for everyone to hear ," I heard from somewhere , that whoever dropped the pen will be the first one to experience the spirit's wrath . And, it'll put anyone that disrespects it under horrendous torture."

 

"Really, are you serious?" Victoria could feel her skin turn cold , " We should have played whatever pen spirit."  She headed over to the door and peeked out of it.

" It's no use looking , no matter where the pen spirit is, you won't be able to see it." the more scared key got, the more he wanted to say everything he knew , perhaps he won't be as terrified if he talked to someone .

 

"Key, are you done yet?" Top snapped, annoyed . He threw a woman's mask down from his top bunk and watched it land beside the table , "It's only a game , there are tons of psychologists , students, whatever research groups that played this already and wrote research and information on it. Go check it out online tomorrow."

 

"But..."

Cl cut key off with a , " let's sleep. quick, go to sleep." She already climbed on her bed , " Who's closing the lights?"

Victoria hurriedly climbed up to her bunk bed , "I sleep on the top , closing the lights is none of my business  ."

Top went under his blankets and turned around , dismissing any chance that he'll need to come down and close the lights.

Minzy and Key were the only ones left.

Minzy sighed and walked over to the lights,"Forget it , I sleep at the top too , but I'll go close it .  Key doesn't have the guts to anyways."

Key heard her loud and clear but only squeezed his baggy sweatpants and ran to his bed . Blankets wrapped securely around him in seconds.

 

Minzy stood near the lights and stared at Key and smirked, " Yah , your sleeping position looks a lot like one of those corpses we saw in the movie the other day. oh hey , your blankets are white too~" She hated this side of key , felt like he's overreacting . She could barely stand females who are timid and easily scared and key's a guy for god's sake.

 

White blankets were quickly pushed to the side.

 

"Your clothes are white too , looks like clothes they make corpses wear." Minzy rolled her eyes and placed her hands on the light switch playfully.

Key sat up and glared and gave Minzy one of his 'who the do you think you are to act like this around me' look ," 

"What the is wrong with you , do you have something against me?!" He took off his white oversized sweater and threw it to some random corner of the room harshly.

 

"Enough , Minzy just close the lights and leave Key alone." Top's extremely annoyed and sleepy voice came from one of the top beds as he proceeded to stretch his head out to look at key and minzy . " If you guys want to fight , get the hell out of here."

 

" Hey top , do you know you look a lot like a murdered person when you poke your head out like that?Too bad , there's no fresh blood to decorate the scene , with bright red blood dripping off, it'd look exactly like it." Minzy said using a creepy voice. 

 

" Say something stupid like this again and you'll be the first one to get hurt by the pen spirit." He turned around and rolled back into a comfortable position.

 

The lights closed . The room became pitch black . The silence was deafening. 

 

Everything settled down.... extremely dark , and quiet...silence.

 

"AH!"

A shrill scream broke the silence once again that night. After the sound of something falling on the floor was heard.

"Minzy!" Cl , the first to react frantically got out of bed. The lights were opened to reveal a fallen Minzy on the ground with hands wrapped around her feet accompanied by a painful expression.

 

"What happened ?" CL quickly helped her up.

Minzy let out a sound of pain and pointed to her feet , " I think I twisted my ankle ....ah ! It hurts.I don't think I can go to dance for a  few weeks."

Everyone got out of bed and hurried toward Minzy.

" You want to go to the hospital..?" Victoria grabbed a piece of cloth and soaked it in cold water before handing it to Minzy to put on her feet. " Is it really serious?"

She attempted to walk but the moment her left leg touched the found , it immediately shot up again. She let out a strangled breath and sighed ," No need for that ,look at the time."

Top smiled smugly , " Did I tell you? you'll get hurt from all the taunting you were doing~"

Key gasped ," Thats right ! Pen spirit , We're so dead! "

"Oh please, If  me getting an ankle spriained is the wrath of the spirit , wouldn't that be too little of a "misfortune" ? If it is , I'm going to look down at the pen spirit. " Minzy rolled her eyes at Key.

 

" You can sleep in my bed,I'll sleep on the top." CL offered," Every one go to sleep its 2 goddamit." She switched her blanket with Minzy's and climbed up to the top.

Key looked at everyone getting back to their bed. Taemin's not here ,Minzy's injured , he's the only one left , the job or closing the light is left to her now.

The moment he applied a bit of pressure on the switch , she looked toward the window and a whitee figure sped past. He covered his mouth, stopping himself from screaming. Key didn't close the lights , like a scared cat , he went quietly straight into bed , pulled the covers over his head and started shaking.

 

"What the hell ,Key? why didn't you close the lights?" Minzy yelled in frustration ," I can't sleep with the lights on!"

Key didn't offer an answer.

CL sighed and climbed down to close the lights. The moment the lights closed a shout came from one of the beds.

"CL , get away from the window !"

CL immediately turned around to look at the window. There was nothing. Only wind and some leaves.

"What did you see..?" CL involuntarily got scared.

"When you were closing the lights, a hand was reaching for you! " Key's scared head appeared from the layers of blankets ," Cl ,why don't you sleep with me today, please? Key begged like a pitiful kitten.

*sigh* I think you need to go see a doctor or something, guess we'll have to leave the lights open." Minzy said irritated and kicked his legs in distress only to have pain shoot up her leg to the point she started sweating.

"It's raining." Key said sleepily as CL climbed into his bed.

 

The rain poured heavily along with continuous flashes of lightning. Room 201's 5 students slept wearily that night , feeling extremely uneasy just like a scene in a horror movie right before something happens , foreshadowing the horror that's about to come.

 

 

 

 


omfg, the title to this chapter is so random and oh so creative...... :/