Leads To A Closure

EXO Girl Bodyguard [ EDITING ]

The next morning, Krystal wakes up with a severe ache on her stomach. She didn't know why, but it was obviously not good. She almost cried in pain when she tried to get up from her bed. She propped herself on the wall, closing her eyes tightly to bear the pain. She snapped her towel and walked to the bathroom, tumbling.

But just as she was about to take her clothes off, she puked everything she had eaten last night.

***

The day must go on, and today wasn't much better than the stomachache she had. After they arrived at school, her stomachache felt so much worse. But she kept it by herself.

"Hey," Krystal took Sulli's sleeve to stop her from walking. "I have PE right now."

Sulli nodded, "Sure. I'll pick you up at the field by the third hour."

"No, just meet me after school okay?" Krystal surpressed a smile before she went to the dressing room.

PE for three hour straight was her favorite subject, but today wasn't a good time to enjoy a three hour straight of PE. She did took an extra period for PE because she liked it better than anything. But she would never realized that it would be the worst subject that she will overcome. She sat in the floor, trying to swallow her pain alone. She, then, took all of her strength and stood to change clothes into a PE clothes.

 

"Today lesson is basketball. I know all of you are tired of doing basketball, except for couple of person who enjoys doing basketball. Anyway, this time, it will be different. Since coach Ming is excused, I have to teach two class at the same time -so your class versus their class. Now, the girls will be taking over that field while the boys are here. Go!"

Krystal was picked to be the center of the team. Usually, she would be happy -but not now. She swore that when she ran under the sunlight, trying to push aside everyone who tried to steal the ball, she couldn't feel anything. She was numb in a bad way. Every inches of her body were focused on the ache on her stomach.

And she played for twenty minutes,

thirty minutes,

forty minutes,

one hour.

She fell down on her own. At first, her pacing started to tumble and her cheeks hit the pavement first. She swore that she couldn't feel anything except the hot temperature of the pavement. Her lips were almost blue and dry, and her face was almost as white as a dead person. She was sweating hard and she felt like she was flying.

"Hey, are you okay?" A boy caught up to him. Krystal's eyes were blinking slowly before she grunted in reply. "Alright, you are not okay."

The boy took her bridal style to the infirmary room and laid her down.

Krystal's face was white and she was sweating so hard. Her lips were dry and she swore that she couldn't lift her hand high because the pain she felt.

"Okay, so, what's wrong with you?" The boy said lamely, trying to find the right medicine in the shelf.

Krystal felt another wave of electric hit her stomach, it made her crumble up and grunted as she pressed her arms around the stomach.

"What happened?" The boy turned around and went to her. "Where's the pain coming from?"

He traced Krystal's hands and found them pressed in the stomach so he laid her properly and pushed some area in the abdomen but there was no reaction. But when he pushed the area in between her ribs and the abdomen with his index finger, she cried in pain.

The boy smirked and took one familiar medicine in his palm. Next, he took a glass of water. He popped the medicine in and gave her a little water to swallow.

"Thanks..." She found herself getting sleepier and she muttered one word before she completely went to sleep. "Whoever you are."

"The name's Myungsoo." He replied when he was sure she was asleep. "And the next time I see you, you better be healthy."

He smirked and left her.

***

"What happened, Krystal?" Sulli asked, worried.

"Nothing major. Just a minor ache in the stomach." Krystal replied carelessly.

"I should've aware that you have a weak stomach."

"No, I don't! I could eat ramyeon perfectly fine!" Krystal said.

"No, you don't," Sulli said. "You even have a few allergies. You are a weakling."

"Don't call me that! You know that piss me off!"

"And you sick is pissing me off too!"

"Oh great, aren't we in the same page right now?" Krystal half-yelled to Sulli before jumping out the infirmary bed and went out.

She was pissed how easy Sulli said things she didn't like. She never liked being a weakling, and she just pushed the buttons she shouldn't push. She triggered things that made her mood go down. Krystal had her head down in frustration. Her stomachache was gone, probably for good, but everything on her was starting to fall apart. Including and foremost, her mood.

Krystal always had her mind based on her mood. Basically, her heart controlled everything on her, and once her mood went down, everything will start to crumble with her mood. She was hungry before she met Sulli but it suddenly faded away. She didn't feel like doing anything she wanted before. It made her miserable, but she kept her mind set. She didn't want to even though it made her miserable.

"Hey," Sulli catched up. "We still have cheerleading practice okay?"

"Okay."

"Just, don't try to mess up." Sulli said, carefully.

"I won't."

 

The only enemy to Krystal was her ego. It was so big that she always tried to be stronger than anybody when she was as weak as anybody. She purposely didn't eat for the practice because her ego told her that she shouldn't be weak in front of Sulli. So, she didn't take any food and she felt the answer now. Her stomach relapsed and tried to kill her slowly.

An hour after the practice started, she started to feel dizzy and weak. She can't even put her hands hold high for, like, five seconds. She started not to jump, she just bounced her body a little because she didn't have any energy. The sun was shining so bright, it felt like it burned Krystal's head. Her walk started to wobble, when Victoria caught her, "What the hell are you doing?"

"It's not-"

"You better be," She looked so pissed. "Come on, we've gotta make it to the final." Victoria left her alone.

Just when she was about to go to her position. She caught Sulli's gaze. It was so sharp, like a warning. It made Krystal pissed and decided to do everything she could to act normal. It was working but not for her body. It ate a lot of energy in her body. She was praying all her might to not mess everything up during the practice because they had an important performance in near time.

It worked. She made it until the practice ended.

By the time they were on their way to home, Krystal kept quiet and hid her face under her hair because she didn't like anyone to spot her weakly. She was weak, and she didn't intend to give out the feels that she was a weakling. So she stayed quiet and bit her lips when the stomachache stung badly. The EXO was confused by her behaviour, including Sulli. But they tried to give her space to comfort herself.

The van eventually stopped in front of EXO's dorm. Krystal put the strength she had left to rushed out from the van and went to the dorm first before everyone else. She immediately locked her room and fell down to the floor by the fatigue. She curled up like a ball on the floor, grunting silently as the stomachache was getting stronger.

"Just let her be," Krystal heard Sulli say. "She's just mad at me."

"For what?"

"Something." Sulli answered before everything around Krystal went dark.

***

It was one in the morning and Kai still hadn't sleep, something kept him up but he didn't know what it was. Something just felt wrong.He was trying to find an answer. So he got up from his bed, leaving Sehun, his roommate, and went to watch television because he didn't have anything to do. He was ready to sit in front of the television only to saw the bathroom's light was on while the door was opened. He shook his head, cursing whoever left the light on even though there was no one there.

He went to the bathroom. Midway turning off the light, he saw a figure sitting down on the floor with its head in the edge of the closet. He took a step to the bathroom before completely running as he knew who it was. It was Krystal, her head was laying helplessly at the closet's lips. Kai could hear her hard breathing from the door. She was obviously not okay.

Kai pulled her away from the closet and leaned her on his body, "What's wrong?"

"J-Jongin," She answered with thin voice. "I think I'm sick."

"Of course you are," He pushed aside the hair strays that hid her face. Her face was even worse from her hard breathing; her lips were dry and white, she was so pale, and she had a massive cold sweating. It was dripping to Kai's shirt. She obviously look worse. Her body looked like it didn't have any bones. It just leaned helplessly onto Kai's body.

"I'm having a stomachache," She started, stuttering. "And I decided to eat because I-I thought i-it would h-help me, but it doesn't."

Kai composed himself, so he could act rationally. He checked her temperature, but it wasn't hot -it was rather cold. She was leaning in his shoulder, trying to catch some breath. Her stomach was really killing her. It always been like that when it comes to Krystal's stomach. He kept brushing her hair, comforting her from her pain. But it seemed like it didn't work as effective as he thought it would because she tried to throw up again.

"Stay with me, okay?" Kai held her face, caressing her cheek.

Krystal grunted in reply.

"I'll get you to the hospital." Kai was about to stand up, carrying Krystal when she pushed his hands away.

"It's just a light stomachache."

"It doesn't look light."

"Well, this is-" She threw up midway, causing her to fall back to his shoulder.

"Do you have any medication with you?"

Krystal nodded. He carried her to her own room. She laid her there and ran to the medical box. He tried to bring every last one of the medication to her room. He the light, listing the medication he had taken. Krystal pointed at one of the pills. He opened one pill, and fed her one with water. After she felt comforted, she out. Kai kept brushing her hair as he tried to read the medical instruction on its pills. It was said to eat after three hours, so he started to make a basic porridge for Krystal. He, actually, went to kitchen and made some porridge despite his lack of knowledge on cooking. When the porrige had settled, he waited for three hours to feed Krystal.

Kai brushed her cheeks soft, trying to wake her up. He still felt her cheeks cold, "Krystal, wake up."

Krystal grunted softly as her eyes fluttered open. She cleared because it felt dry. Her head was spinning and her energy hadn't go back. She croaked, "I'm fine."

"You are not fine," Kai helped her lean onto the wall. "You've got to eat."

She coughed, trying to swallow down the dryness in . Her stomach was better, but it still didn't feel as good as usual. Then, she tried to reply, "I don't feel like it."

Kai shoved a glass of orange juice to her lips. Krystal drank the juice slowly but she finished it in one go. Once the juice emptied, Kai started to feed her the porridge. At the first try, Krystal declined but Kai insisted -so she gave up and ate the porridge slow. Krystal looked at Kai who was feeding her. She felt weird on why he actually cared about her. The turning point was nobody actually ever cared this much when she had her daily stomachache. Even Sulli, her longest best friend never really cared for her the way Kai did. It came to her mind as to why everybody seemed to like Kai; because he was simply a warm person.

"Why do you care?" She voiced.

"Why do you keep this as a secret?"

"What secret?"

"This... whole stomach thing," He casually fed her. "We could've been prevented it."

"But we didn't."

"Because you didn't tell us." He was in the brink of irritation.

"I can't."

"You always shy away from a certain point of topics," He stopped the spoon midway. "Why?"

Krystal thought for a second, trying to find the right words to say -but it seemed there are no right words to say in this certain point. So, she shot, "Because I can't act like people will actually care for me when they actually doesn't care about me."

"How about me?"

She looked at him, confused, "What about you?"

"Have you given a thought about that I might actually care for you, the girl who saved my life the other day?" He looked broken. "I want to care for you as much as you care for me back when I was helpless."

"It's just a job."

He unconsciously raised his tone, "Let me help you the way you helped me."

She didn't know what to say. But she felt her eyes sting from the tears she had beared. Krystal always thought that she would be the only one who actually cared for her surrounding. Now that she has a piece of his mind, she could actually take a step back and relax because there would be somebody who will be right behind her, leading her and turning themselves into a stone so she could lay back. She didn't know that Kai would volunteer to be the rock to her back. All she could think of, back then, was how in love Kai with Sulli. But now that she knew Kai. She would never let him go.

She cried, for the first time in a long time. Kai didn't seem to be surprise, instead he sat on the lips of her bed, pulling her into a warm embrace. He let her tears streaming down his back. He didn't mind at all. But Krystal was the one who was worried that her tears might be too comfortable in his back. But she couldn't control it. The next thing she know was how comfortable it was to be sleeping in his back. In her best friend's crush's back.