Chapter 9

Dear Diary

 

*FLASHBACKS*

Author’s POV

 

It was Henry 18th birthday party and he is Amber’s adoptive hyung.

 

His relationship with Amber is really close and even Amber’s friends are close with him.

 

During their leisure time, they always hangout together at Henry’s mansion.

 

Liquors are now legal for Henry and he set up a bar at his mansion.

 

“Amberrr, my brother.” He hugged Amber as he saw him at the main door.

 

“Duude, why did you turned your house into a club” Amber asked him.

 

“Don’t you forget I’m officially legal to go clubbing or drunk” he replied while showing off his glass filled with wine.

 

“Anddd uhh.. You guys can try. I don’t mind” *burpppppppp*

 

“Hyung, that’s disgusting” Amber smacked his arm.

 

“Sorry. Anyway come in. Have fun.” He told Amber and the others.

 

“This is freaking cool. Guys, I think Henry was right we should try a little. A little is enough” Minho told us.

 

“I’m not going to drink it because I’m driving” Amber exclaimed.

 

“Anddddddd you too Krystal. I will not allow you to drunk.” Amber pointed at Krystal.

 

“Then fine. Anyone who wants to come with us to have a drink? Let’s go” Jonghyun said excitedly.

 

“Bye, Kryber” the others waved their hands at Amber and Krystal.

 

Krystal’s POV

“Why can’t I drink?” I asked Amber.

 

“You’re underage.  Besides, I’m responsible towards your safety. Anything can happened when you drunk” he replied.

 

Later we just sat on the couch watching people having fun on the dance floor. I was talking to Amber when suddenly a girl approached him. She took a sit beside him and flirted. I glared at her but she didn’t move away. On the other hand, Amber also gave a feedback at her. I decided to go on the dance floor when he ignored me.

 

“I’m bored. I wanna dance for a while” I told him.

 

He tried to hold my wrist but I managed to escape. I went to the girls and boys [my friends]. I thought they already drunk since each of them has strong alcohol scent. Once I’m in the dance floor I began to groove my body according to the music. I drink some alcohol before I went to dance floor so my head started feeling heavy. Suddenly, a guy came closer to me waving his body against mine. Remembering how Amber ignored me just now made me annoyed. I wrap my arms around that unknown guy and continue to dance. My hands slowly slide down from his neck to his chest. The guy gave me a dirty smirk and tried to kiss me. When I was trying to pull off from him, he grabbed my wrist and tightens his grip. I couldn’t do anything and was just going to let it be then in a blink of an eye a sudden strong force pulled me away. From that person scent, I know he’s Amber.

 

“Are you stupid or what? What are you doing just now? You know something bad might happen to you” he scolded me while I just grinned at him.

 

I felt my face become very hot. Amber just stared at me and he came closer to my face and started sniffing.

 

“You’re drunk, Soojung. I told you to not drink any of those drinks. We’re lucky since your parents are on their business trip. Maybe I can handle Jess-unnie?” he shook his head.

 

He held my hand while we started making our way back into Henry’s dancing room. I saw his eyes piercing while searching for our friends. He just shouted calling them and met Henry before take our leave. Amber sent each of us back home. I was the last one who was in his car since we lived closer. Since I was sleeping, he carried me inside my room after asking Jessica’s permission. Jessica didn’t asked anything because she was busy talking on the phone with her boyfriend. Amber laid me down on my bed and tucks the comforter for me. Later, he took some wet towel and put on my forehead.

 

“Soojung, I’m going home now. I’m sorry for what happened today. I didn’t mean to scold you. Everything I did to you is because I love you” he told me and I knew for him it’s just friend-friend love.

 

Before he left, I immediately grab his hand and pulled him sit in front of me. I cupped his face and stared at him. I caressed his face and my thumb touches his lips.

 

“Soooojuungg, what’reee you doooing?” he stuttered.

 

I stop doing my action and started leaning closer to his face.

 

“I think I like you, Amber. I like you more than a friend.” I unconsciously told him that and crashed my lips against him

 

That kiss wasn’t just a peck. It was deep but I’m the only one who moved my lips while Amber kept his mouth shut.  I stopped and saw him smiling.

 

Amber’s POV

Soojung told me that she thought she likes me. Suddenly, she kissed me and I just let her be since I know she’s drunk. I really don’t mind my first kiss stolen by own best friend because I think it worth it. At least, she didn’t lose her first kiss for some unknown guys. When she stopped kissing me, I smiled at her.

 

“I know that you’ve always like me, Soojung” I patted her head and tried to make her sleep.

 

“Amber, I’m being serious here” she told me.

 

“I know that you’re drunk. Soojung, sleep now please. I’m going home already” I said to her.

 

I make my way to door and when my hand was about to touch the knob, I felt someone was back hugging me. It’s none other than Soojung. She lay her head on my back. Her arms are wrap around my waist.

 

“Amber, we’ve been friends since we’re small. Let’s give both of us a try. Maybe we are meant to be together” she told me.

 

“If you do, this Sunday. Meet me at our usual place. Okay?” she continued.

 

I turned around and told her “Okay”. I kissed her forehead.

*END OF THE FLASHBACKS*

Krystal’s POV

Sighed.

 

I open the diary and continue reading.

 

1/5/2012

Umma, Soojung told me that she likes me more than a friend.

She kissed me on the lips.

That was my first kiss ever.

I couldn’t help but smile instead when she kissed me.

I’m happy that I lose my first kiss for someone who I love.

She’s my friend. Best friend specifically.

She wanted to give both of us try.

Even she confessed and did those things while she drunk but I don’t care.

I’m going to do it since she was the first girl I love besides you, Umma.

I wanted to give both of us a chance to develop deeper relationship.

Appa used to tell me that he likes Soojung for me but back then I was still young not until today.

I realised the time has come.

I’m going to graduate soon, further my studies and have a family in years coming.

Well, I decided to meet Soojung this Sunday.

I closed the book and my eyes begin to shed tears.

Amber, if you really wanted to give us the chance.

Why you didn’t come?

Amber never shows up on that day. I waited for him from the morning until the evening. I tried to call him but he didn’t pick up. He never did this before. I concluded that he never want to give us the try. He was absent for the whole week. I kept thinking that he was trying to avoid me. Maybe he felt awkward after what happened that night. I did text and call him but never get a response. When I called his house, no one picks up. Since I don’t want the friendship between Amber and I destroyed, I told my parent that I wanted to date Minho because Jessica already had someone. They praised me for my thoughtful action. I met up with Minho and my Dad already set up my date with him. I spent few days meeting him every day to know him better. He’s a nice and caring guy after all. At the same time, Amber still didn’t answer my call or reply my text. When I went to his house, no one was there. Even I tried to call Uncle Liu, I couldn’t reach him too. I asked Amber’s guy friends around but no one seemed to be contact with him after what happened that night. Then one day, when I was waiting for Minho to fetch me from the school. I heard someone calling my name.

“Soojungggggggg” I saw Amber running towards me while his hands at the back like holding something.