Chapter 11

Dear Diary

 

Krystal’s POV

I spent the morning with my family. Dad and Mum are so happy seeing how cheerful I am. When I told both of them that I no longer want to date Minho they agreed. They apologised for making me be with Minho.

 

“Krystal, if Amber is still alive. I honestly blessed both of you to be together” Dad sounds sad.

 

“Me too, Krystal. Amber is an obedient boy. I saw how he took a good care of you. Be strong. Maybe one day you will found some like him” my Mum smiled at me while holding my hands.

 

“He’s not here anymore. I won’t find someone like Amber ever, Mum.. Dad” I told them.

 

“But sweetheart, you need to move on. It is almost a year he gone.” Mum continued.

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t do that. I tried to forget about Amber. It’s hard since I really love him. Maybe I used to like Minho but it can be compared with my love towards Amber. I don’t want anyone to replace Amber in my heart. I want him to stay here” while putting my hand at my heart.

 

“You had life, Soojungie. I won’t force you but at least considered everything” Dad told me.

 

I just keep my mouth close and went upstairs.

 

How can I forget about Amber? It is painful to live without his presence. No one knows how much I suffered to survive.

 

Amber’s diary is on the table lamp. I grabbed that book and scanned through the last page which I read last night.

 

4/5/2012

Umma, I’ve been diagnosed with brain tumour.

I may not live longer but Dad told me that he will does anything to make me survive.

Yesterday, I fainted.

So, I didn’t meet Soojung at ‘our’ place.

I’m afraid she will think I’m not going to give us a try.

But I decided to not contact her because I was afraid she will ask my current location.

The doctor advised me to stay in the hospital for a while.

Dad had gone to Australia for my medication.

I’m going to miss Soojung so much.

Once, I’ve been discharged from the ward, I’m going to see Soojung.

I’ll confess.

Umma, now I know how much the pain you’ve been through because I started feel the same.

But don’t worry Umma.

I will survive for the sake of you, Appa and Soojung.

 

Amber, why you didn’t tell us the truth? Why you need to keep your sickness from me? Is it because you didn’t want me to feel upset? If I knew you didn’t show up because of that I won’t date Minho.

 

*FLASHBACKS*

AMBER’s POV

It is Monday when I was discharged from the hospital. I got 20 minutes from the school ended. I rushed to the school by running after I assured him that I was going to be okay. While running toward the school, I saw a florist by the road. I stop by for a while and bought a white rose since Krystal loves it. You know what? I couldn’t stop smiling thinking of her.

 

Pogoshipoooo[A/N: I MISS YOU]

 

“Sooooooooojung” I called her as I saw her leaning against the wall. She seemed waiting for someone. I hide the flower inside my shirt at my back and hug her.

 

“Ammberr” she hugged me back. “Where’ve you been?” she asked me

 

“Somewhere” I replied and pulled out from the hug. “Do you miss me?” I asked.

 

She nodded and I smiled at her.

 

“Soojungggg, I’m sorry I didn’t show up that day. Some problems pop up.” I told her.

 

“It’s okay. I already forget about it. Don’t think of it anymore, Amber. I understand if you, you know.. can’t reply my feelings towards you” She said to me while staring at her feet.

 

“Soojung, I actuaallyy..” I was about to take the flower behind me but cut by someone.

 

“Babe, I’m sorry I’m late” I saw someone appeared beside Krystal. I immediately kept my flower back and held my hand toward that guy.

 

“I’m Amber Liu. Who are you?” I asked him.

 

“Choi Minho. Krystal’s boyfriend and you must be her best friend. Am I right, Krys?” he asked Krystal.

 

Boyfriend? I thought she really likes me. Minho, I knew him. Jess-noona’s future husband I supposed but turned to be Krystal’s.

 

“Yaa…aa. Amm, I’ve been dating him for a week” she stuttered.

 

A week. Did she date Minho since she thought I didn’t want to give us a try?

 

“Since you guys are together. Minho, if you dare to hurt Krystal you will face me” I held his shoulder and he laughed.

 

All I do is smiled at both of them. I had some conversation between Minho. He had common interest as me.

 

“Krystal, we’re late now. I book the restaurant about half an hour ago. Let’s go. Amber, do you want to join us for lunch?” Minho asked me.

 

“It’s fine. I need to settle something at school first. Krystal, see you again tomorrow” I exclaimed.

 

Later Krystal gave me hug and they left. I just spaced out while standing there. A moment later, I walk back to my house. I greeted my Dad who was reading newspaper in the living room and went up to my room.

 

My heart hurts seeing Krystal with Minho. Those it means I started to love her?

 

I got rid out of the thought and sit on my study table. I took out my diary and started to write because right now I felt unhappy or heartbroken.

 

Krystal’s POV

I was very contented after seeing Amber again. When Minho approached me by calling me ‘babe’, I saw Amber’s confused. Minho explained who is he and Amber gladly shook Minho’s hand.

 

Amber, you should understand. I don’t to ruin our friendship after you rejected me.

 

During my lunch with Minho, I didn’t touch my food at all. I explained to Minho that I was not really hungry and he understands me. I couldn’t sleep that night thinking about Amber and us.

*END OF THE FLASHBACKS*

 

Krystal’s POV

I continued reading Amber’s diary.

12/5/2012

Poor me.

Soojung is taken by Minho.

I really want to tell her my true feelings but she deserved someone who is much better than me.

She has found that someone-Minho.

He’s nice guy and I’ll approved him for Soojung.

I’m not suitable for her since I could die soon too, Umma.

I won’t stay away from instead I’ll always cling onto her in this mean time.

Maybe, I don’t have enough time to live a long life but it’s enough to love Soojung.

I closed the diary and I brought my pillow closer to my face. I hugged it and cried loudly. I hope my parents did not hear my cry. My heart was crying Amber’s name. I’m such an idiot. I was the one who hurt Amber. He wants to love me but at the end I turned him down.

 

*Knockkk*

 

“Krystal, can I come in?” I heard my unnie outside the door. Maybe she heard I was crying even I tried to muffle the sob with th pillow. I went to the door and unlocked it. I quickly hugged my sister and cried in her embrace.

 

“Unnie, now I know why Amber didn’t show up that day. On the same day, he found out his disease. He didn’t attend the school because he stayed in the hospital. He didn’t contact me because he doesn’t want to make me worry about him. Ottoke, unnie? It was my fault from the beginning. If I wait for his answer, maybe Amber didn’t leave me silently like this” I sobbed. Because tired of crying, I fall asleep in afterwards.