Chapter 13

Dear Diary

 

Author’s POV

Krystal wanders around the school. She wants to treasure the moment which she shared with Amber. Finally, she went to the rooftops. Admiring the breath taking view from the rooftop, Krystal suddenly recalled the past.

 

*FLASHBACKS*

The test results are out and Krystal’s achievement was worsening compared to the previous examination. This test is only as a preparation for the upcoming examination. On the other hand, Amber who once in a week skipped school still managed to maintain his performance. Knowing Krystal’s current situation Amber went after Krystal during recess but didn’t found Krystal in her class, café or the school garden.

 

AMBER’s POV

Soojung, where are you?  Come on, Amberrr. Think..think. Rooftop? Yeah, she must be upthere.

 

I ran quickly to the rooftop. My princess must be really upset. I need to comfort her now. While going upstairs, I tiptoed to avoid Krystal realised my presence. I spotted her staring at the scenery in front of her. Then I wrapped my arms around her from behind. She was startled at first but she knew it’s me since I’m the only one who always hugs her from behind. I put my chin on her right shoulder. I knew people might see us like a couple but we don’t mind after all. People knew Krystal is currently dating Choi Minho but I’m her best friend so they don’t care.

 

“Soojung, don’t be upset. I can tutor you later.” I told her and turned her around. I made us sit on the floor. Her icy mode is back as she just kept shut.

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

Amber- he’s my true friend. Even I confessed to him and he couldn’t return my feelings but he still stay beside me. Our relationship remained the same. Nothing changes between us. I still call him baby sometimes. Amber also treated me like before and constantly made my love towards him unchanged too.

 

“Jung, talk to me. Respond even for a word.” He was shaking my body but I ignored him. He continued disturbing me by poking my cheeks.

 

“Yahhh, I don’t really mind if my grades going down” I exclaimed while pushing his hand away from my face and held it.

 

“Thennn? What you looked so depressed?” he asked me.

 

“My parent s had warned me. If my results worsen then I’m grounded. I can’t go to have fun for the whole period until the upcoming exam” I answered him.

 

“To make matter worse, I’m sure I can’t go shopping at all and my credit cards will be confiscated. I’m suffering.” I continued.

“Soojung, it’s just shopping. It’s not a big deal though. But I understand how it is when we are unable to hang out with our friends. I’m going to help you in your studies from now on.” He smiled.

 

“Really, Ammm?” I asked him.

 

“Yes. I’m going over your house every day. Don’t worry, I’m going to make sure your grades become much much better and you won’t have to suffer anymore.” He laughed.

 

“Promised?” I held out my pinkie finger and intertwine it with his.

 

“Thank you, baby” I hugged him.

 

“You’re welcome, Princess” he patted my head gently.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

Krystal didn’t meet Minho because she was grounded. Girls usually will be cheerless if they unable to spent time with their boyfriend but Krystal was different. Even she was frustrated at first but deep down, she was very glad as for 2 weeks she spent her precious time studying with Amber; person who she loves the most. This made her awkwardness with Amber disappear. He will went to Krystal house after school and stayed until dinner. At the same time, he spent his weekends tutoring Krystal too. Finally Krystal’s hard works paid off as she managed to achieve a good result for her exam.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

As I was speechless when I saw my results on the board, I got top 5 in the school while Amber got the 2nd place.  Mum and Dad will be proud of me. Since I was so happy I went to the rooftops. It was really chill and calmed here.  My tears rolled down the cheeks.  They were tears of joy.

 

“Krystallllllllllllllllllll” I heard someone yelled my name and I thinks it was Amber then I quickly wiped the tears. I turned around and spotted Amber was walking towards my direction.

 

“Why are you yelling my name?” I scolded him but he let out of chuckles.

 

“Your work hard paid off. Am I right?” He asked and I nodded. Amber stood in front of me.

 

“Why were you crying?” He wiped my tears using his thumbs and hugged me.

 

“You must be shocked right and too happy and the same time” he continued and I hugged him back.

 

“It’s all of because of you. You really made me study hard these past few weeks. Thank you” I told him. We broke the hug.

 

“Now, you can hang out back with us.”

 

“Of course” I smiled.

 

AMBER’s POV

School ended for that day. I was waiting for Krystal at the gate because I want to take her out. Later, I saw she was walking with our friends. They approached me.

 

“Amber, where have you been? I’m searching for you just now.” Jonghyun asked.

 

“I’m here waiting for Krystal..err. I meant you guys” I replied and saw Krystal was blushing.

 

“Do you guys want to go anywhere to have fun since Krystal already freeeee” I exclaimed.

 

“Ohhh, Jonghyun, Taemin and I can’t. We’re sorry but we need to go our tuition” Key explained.

 

“Me and Luna have a date” Onew told me.

 

“Oppppa, can I follo….” Sulli asked Onew was cut by him.

 

“No one can disturb us” Onew continued. Sulli was pouting while ma and others were laughing seeing Sulli pout.

 

“Sul, you can accompany me to the bookstore. I had to buy new exercise book” Victoria told Sulli.

 

“Owww, thanks, Unnie. I wanttt to follow you” Sulli answered.

 

“Why most of you guys busy studying? The exam just finish.” Krystal asked.

 

“You and Amber-hyung already became the top students in the school. We need to go tuition and doing exercise.” Taemin replied.

 

“You’re so lucky to have Amber-oppa to teach you” Sulli told me while clinging on Taemin.

 

“If you guys need my help, just came over to my house. I don’t mind at all” I told them.

 

“It’s okay. We don’t want to bother both of you spending time together. Let’s go guys” he winked at me and Krystal. Our friends left us behind.

 

Keyyy, key. What a weirdo.

 

“Soojung, where do you want to go?” I asked her.

 

“Let’s went to…..” Suddenly Krystal’s phone rang. She picked up the phone and it’s Minho. I decided to stay away from her until she finished talking to me. Krystal approached me.

 

“Amber, I’m sorry but Minho is on his way to pick me up. He wanted to bring to his friend’s bachelor party tonight. He wants me to accompany him. Can I?” she asked me.

 

“No you can’t go” I told her with a serious face.

 

“Whh..yyy?” she stuttered.

 

“Of course you can, silly. Minho is your boyfriend.” I laughed upon seeing her poker face.

 

“Ambeerrrr. I hate you.” she yelled at me and wanted to smack me but I managed to escape.

 

“Bye, Soooooojungggg. Hahaha, I know you love me” I ran for my live after I saw Minho’s car already here.

*END OF THE FLASHBACKS*