Chapter 3

Dear Diary

 

Author’s POV

It has been 9 months.

9 months without Amber, Krystal still survived.

She is survived because of those diaries which kept her felt Amber around her.

The college is on their term holidays.

Krystal kept spending her time by the lake.

One morning, she grab Amber’s last diary.

She carried it along with her to the lake.

Krystal’s POV

I stared at the last diary.

‘2012’

Last year was the saddest year I’ve been through.

We kept apart from each other, Amber.

I inhaled a deep breath and open the first page.

5/1/2012

Senior year.

It feels so great, Umma.

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be in the class same as Soojung since I managed to get a place in the first class while Soojung remained in the second class.

Both of us were disappointed about the results.

I cheered her up.

I told her that we can still keep hanging out during lunch together.

Study together. DO EVERTYHINGS TOGETHER because we are best friends.

She did scold me when she knew about this.

To make matter worse, she found out that I’m in the same class with Bora.

She’s the girl who keeps flirting with me all the time.

I found Soojung annoyed with Bora’s attitude but the the boys kept asking me to date Bora.

I’m not interested at all.

Final year is going to be super busy with basketball team, studies and our PROM.

Soojung, she’ll be busy too since she’s the one who handle our prom management.

We can’t wait to finish our studies because Soojung and I already planned so many activities after our final exam.

I still remembered that day, when I had a fight with Bora because she never like me stays close with Amber.

She’s jealous toward me since the junior year already as Amber and I always be seen together wherever we went.

*FLASHBACK*

Author’s POV

“I want you leave Amber oppa alone.”

Krystal mustered up the courage to finally defend herself back, “Why should I listen to you?”

Bora grimaced, and frowned deepened toward Krystal’s aspect.

Her eyebrows rose as Krystal kept her voice light, teasing “I think you’re the one who should let him have a break.” She added, “Even if I’m not hanging out with Amber, he won’t go out with you either he will notice on you.”

“You!” a slap on Krystal’s face

Krystal bit her lips hard, and she managed her tone steady. “Putting your anger on me? So pathetic, why would he like a mean girl like you?”

Bora lifted up her hand and about going to give Krystal another slap but stopped by a figure who was helding her wrist really hard.

Krystal was looking away and waited for it to happen. After a moment of silence she looked up as she saw Amber was in front of her.

“Amber?” Amber glanced over Krystal’s flawless pale face and saw hand printed on her face.

She still clutched Bora’s wrist, “Don’t you dare to touch her once again.” Amber stared intensely at Bora. 

Amber can’t help by feel a bit anxious for Krystal. “Now, get lost!” he said exasperatedly toward Bora.

Bora glanced at Krystal before she left as she rubbed her wrist from the sore where Amber grabbed. 

Automatically, Amber turned around to face Krystal and hesitantly caressed Krystal’s face, gently rubbed her cheek the one that Bora slapped on.

“Did she hit you that hard? It doesn’t hurt much?" Amber asked her under his breath, so soft, and caring.

Krystal nodded with a smile spread across her face. She felt his warm hand touch hesr, the sensation that she never feels this embrace before. 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

You’re such a sweet friend during that time Amber.

Day by day, I love you more.

But since both of us were busy with our own activities, we only have less time to spend together.

Do you know how sad I am when you’re not around?

Sometimes, when I have spare time, I secretly watched your practice or game.

If I missed seeing you just for one day, it making me couldn’t sleep at night.

26/1/2012

It has been about 3 weeks since the school started.

Soojung and I rarely spend time together and even for a talk we didn’t have much time to do that.

I secretly stalk Soojung during her meetings with the prom’s committee.

Why am I acting like this? Because I missed my best friend so bad.

I missed her icy glare,

I missed hers smacks,

& last but not least I missed her smile.

In my eyes, only Jung Soojung’s smile is beautiful as I find she’s very hard to show her affection toward others.

Certain times, I wished Soojung will watched me during the practice or matches.

I can feel her present during several practices and match but didn’t find her.

Her birthday is just around the corner and I was thinking to make a surprise for her.

Umma, wish me luck. <3’

Pabo, Amber.

That was the best gift I ever got.

He was acting like he didn’t remember my birthday and made me wait for hours at the lake.

Suddenly, he came from behind and blindfolds my eyes.

I didn’t scream because I knew it was Amber.

He dragged me to a bench while holding my hand.

When he opened the blindfolds I saw a cake in front of me.

‘Happy 17th Birthday Princess’ on the cake,

He made the cake on his owns.

After we finished taking a bite of the cake and had a random talk, Amber came with a flower crown in his head.

Then, he put the crown on my head and kissed my cheek.

I was blushing very hard.

He patted my head while messing with my hair.

‘I love you best friend’

My smile suddenly dropped when I heard the word’ Best friend’.

How I wish you love me more than a friend, Amber.

Now it’s too late.

 Even, I don’t know have you ever love me or not.